VoP Picture Story Book - A Thousand Pictures!

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jupiter, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

2. Jupiter

3. Jupiter

Hunting Titans with Hobbes and Lestat and a few hired hands

[​IMG]
    Lestat likes this.
  4. Jupiter

5. Jupiter

6. Jupiter

Dalavar Hutmage
    [​IMG]
    Ragar likes this.
  7. Jupiter

8. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Jupiter likes this.
  9. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

10. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Tomah of Thamara_9-1_02.18.jpg Tomah of Thamara_9-1_02.27.jpg Tomah of Thamara_9-1_02.44.jpg Tomah of Thamara_9-1_02.07.jpg
    Mes and Lestat like this.
  11. Jupiter

12. Jupiter

13. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

14. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Wodan, Xegugg and Jupiter like this.
  15. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

16. The Watch

The Watch Well-Known Member

The Price That's Paid

~~Siren's Call, Village of Paws~~

Dorian sipped his ale and frowned. He was not used to frowning, and he was beginning to think that he didn't like it. Ale, he was used to, and he liked. Frowning, on the other hand, was decidedly out of charadter.

That is, it was out of character. Before he started taking up with WIzards.

Dorian shook his head, and the tiny silver bells woven into his twin braids danced a bit to merry music.

Dorian didn't smile.

Suddenly, there was a thump from across the table, and Dorian lifted his head. He groaned when he saw the beautiful red haird vixxen seated across from him.

"What do you want?" Dorian asked, his voice sour.

"That's no way to greet a friend, love," Fate cooed, batting her eyelashes, "You don't want to try and give me a kiss this time?"

Dorian fought the urge to turn his head and spit, "The last time I dealt with you, I nearly got chewed in half by a....by a...." Dorian trailed off, and shook his head, "What is it this time, cursed woman?"

Fate mumbled a curse that was rough enough to make the Merchant's hair stand on end. He nodded in thoughtful appreciation.

"Listen, Spy," Fate growled, "All you have to do is remember a simple phrase. The price is paid. You'll know when to say it, trust me."

Dorian started to form a harsh reply when there was a sudden twist to the woman's face. It was almost like watching a reflection on the surface of a pond as a ripple passes by. Fate seemed to twist in on herself, and in a flash of light, she was gone.

Dorian frowned some more, and raised his eyes to look for a serving wench. Just then, the Wizard stepped through the door.

Jupiter stepped into the Siren's Call, and shook the dust of the road off his cload and hat. He spotted Dorian, and went to take a seat across from the Purveyor.

Dorian started to speak, but Jupiter beat him to it.

"I need your help," Jupiter said, simply.

Dorian blinked. Of all the things he had expected the Wizard to say, that hadn't been high on the list. He searched for the right reply, and settled on a slightly startled, "Okay...."

Jupiter grinned, "I hadn't expected it to be so easy to get your agreement."

Dorian looked like he might say something, but finally sighed heavily, and shrugged, "What do you need?"

Jupter thought how best to put it. Finally, he nodded, and said, "I need your skills in . . .well . . . purveying."

Dorian stroked his beard and sirked smugly, "So, suddenly the mighty Wizard needs my help?" He mused, "Very. . . interesting."

Jupiter nodded, "Yes, I do, and you're going to give it," The Wizard dug around in a pouch and suddenly tossed a mug at Dorian, who caught it instinctively. Dorian spasmed hard, and his breath suddenly caught. For a moment, he stood utterly rigid with the skull mug clenched in his fiest. Then, with a desperate effort, he flung the mug away, and it clattered across the floor. Dorian was breathless, and his face was pale.

"What was that, Wizard," He growled after a moment.

"He drank out of it, or so I'm told," Jupiter replied, calmly, "It was only once, mind you. And that's the stain it left on that mug. Just how evil do you think that one is?"

Dorian shuddered, and nodded, "Okay, Wizard," He replied, "You have my attention. Who is it?"

"I need you to tell me," Jupiter replied, "I have his cards here, his personal deck. And all I know is a name, though I doubt it is his real one; Dorbraine of Yew."

Dorian's face twisted, "The tailor. I've heard of him. Not to be trusted, that one," Dorian wiped his hands on his shirt without seeming to realize it, "You say he drank out of that once? There's evil in him, alright."

Jupiter nodded, and pulled out a stack of cards. He slid the hand painted and decorated cards across the small table. Dorian looked down at them, then back at the Wizard, puzzled.

"I'm more of a dice man," Dorian said, "Though lately they haven't been rolling in my favor. A few nights ago, this woman interupted one of my games. Snatched the dice right out of the air, and poked me in the chest with a finger. She tells me to come here and wait for you. Well, I told her where she could go and what she could kiss on the way. Then I tossed the dice again, and they hit snake eyes. I haven't rolled anything else since."

"This lady," Jupiter asked, "Did she have green eyes and bright red hair?"

Dorian shook his head, "She was old, and her hair and her eyes were gray with tiny black flecks in them. Her hair was pulled back in a bun. After I rolled the losing roll, I looked back up and she was gone. I haven't seen her since."

Jupiter shrugged slightly, "Oh well. In any case, I don't want to play cards with you..... or dice, for that matter. These are Dorbraine's cards; his own deck that he had made and carried with him for years. Do you think you could find him if you used these in a . . . spell. . .?"

Dorian frowned suddenly, his eyes suspicious, "What do you mean, spell?"

Jupiter swallowed somewhat uncomfortably, "Well, I know you have certain....firends....who may know some of the more....traditional....arcane arts."

Dorian winked, "You mean Gypsy witchcraft. Well, we'll see, Wizard," Dorian said.

THe merchat closed his eyes and held one hand over the cards. His breathing slowed, and sweat began to bead on his forehead. FInally, after several long moments, he sighed heavily and relaxed.

"The bond is strong enough," Dorian said, "But you need all of the cards."

"What do you mean?" Jupiter growled, "I was told they were all here!"

Dorian shook his head, "Two are missing," He said, "But I have an idea where they might be...a gut feeling, you might say."

"Where?" Jupiter asked

"Get yourself an ale, Wizard," Dorian replied, shaking his head, "You're not gonna like this."

********************************** Next time: Dorian and Jupiter pick a Balron's pocket!*****************************

DA Balron pickpocket1.jpg
    Codus and Jupiter like this.
  17. Jupiter

18. Rex

Rex Active Member

Looks like ya tried sailin under the black spot matey. I warned ya.
    Jupiter and Codus like this.
  19. Jupiter

A clever Spi-ai-der trap.

It almost worked, except we used a fake wolf instead of a real one...

[​IMG]
    Lord Krake likes this.
  20. Oni Neaufire

Oni Neaufire Well-Known Member

Angel Fiere_1-21_22.04.jpg

A Picture of some good friends , a long time ago.