Wands

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Tater Salad, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

....for mages only, it would seem.

Use delay/cooldown and/or stop to use would make the most sense, in my opinion.
  2. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Ok guess no one likes wands. Was worth a shot eh
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Could you perhaps describe how your suggestion is balanced if it makes wands useless to dexxers.
    Pure warriors are already at a severe disadvantage if they don't use magery, so making wands inaccessible to them provides WHAT balance?

Oh, that's right, if it's not 5x duelling, it's just silly, right?
  4. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

dexxers usually have some form of magery, therefore carrying a gheal wand would behoove them. Also dexxers should be using purple pots to supplement their damage, but with the way they are now would probly just blow themself up. A lightning wand on a dexxer with magery would do SOME damage but not the full affect of having eval as well. As to a pure dexxer using magic items they shouldn't , pure dexxers should dex.

What i'm saying is a dexxer with 0 magery gets a free 60 points in magery if they use a wand. Doesn't seem right. If you want magery on a dexxer use a skill tree.

Regardless I posted this before i realized the nerfs are planned to be continued ie. (pots thrown by hand still work) they do not. Its now a coin toss where the thing blows up.

In closing have fun on history nerfed.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

The vast majority here do, so thank you for contributing your nonsense arguments about why mages should be the ultimate PvP class and everyone else should get shit on.

I'm fine with wands working with the magery of the user, if we can get the AoS properties of metal armor implemented to balance it out for warriors.
  6. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Not a big fan of the ability to deal damage or heal on the run, and that's what wands and pots provided.
    I'd be cool with wands if they required the caster to stop and to channel the spell (along with the possibility of being interrupted)
    People should not be able to run indefinitely spamming heals on the move. Stuff like that makes people far too hard to kill.

Also, wands and pots and stuff kind of put new players at a disadvantage. Some of you have fortresses full of hundreds of gheal wands that newer players don't have.
  7. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Selling wands!
    PM me for all your needs!

I look at wands like pots & special fish... you can use them as a bonus. Set up in a macro better. I don't want to see them being essential for PvP (like jewelry on Volde).