Ways to improve RP on the server?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by PaddyOBrien, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Krothu

Krothu Well-Known Member

@Cero, The Orcs are looking forward to slaying the occupants of those guard towers and using them to releive ourselves.
  2. Hadrian

Hadrian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    Krothu likes this.
  3. Krothu

Krothu Well-Known Member

Years ago I once saw a guild called “Plague” and all their members would walk around the towns *vomiting* all over. They were RPing a colony of Diseased people. It was wild watching them do their thing. Never saw anyone else do anything like that before or since.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  4. trifectafunk

trifectafunk Well-Known Member

My older brother ran an RP guild on Great Lakes for several years. "The Ankh of Unity."(Lawful/Good). What made the guild/guilds so successful for so long was the merging of Role Play and PvP. We were allied with a very militant guild called "The Highland Guard.(Lawful/Neutral). We joined forces to protect our cities and citizens against the BloodRock Clan Orcs(Chaotic/Evil). A few other enemy guilds came and went as years went by, but the 3 remained strong.

this created a very "LARP" style feel. It bred an environment where staying in character/uniform actually mattered, it wouldn't be a surprise if I ended up getting ganked by a few orcs randomly outside a town. I mean, I was at war! Now RP'ers are not PvP'ers. This is important to note, because strict rules were enforced heavily to deter RP'ers from rage quiting or being upset. The most important ones being:
    1. No Looting
    2. No Rez Killing
    3. No Out of Character Flaming (i.e. fucking noob!)

The Guildmaster's organized city defenses on weekend nights. Like 15v15 as orcs invaded Skara Brae.
    Guildmates would compete thru seniority/dueling/participation to earn Officer Ranks. Officers Ranks would earn Mount privileges in combat.
    So imagine riding into combat with 4 foot soldiers under your wing. As your 2 other commanding officers hold position else where in the city.(seperate discord channels)

The Orcs do the same thing and flank from where ever they damn well choose and chaos unfolds.
    If you die, you're allowed to rez at healers and gather ur belongings but you MUST keep ur death robe on and report immediately to headquarter's until the battle concludes. Most fun I've ever had in UO ever.
  5. Krothu

Krothu Well-Known Member

Bloodrock is alive and here. Nooggrraahh
    PaddyOBrien likes this.