Weapon/Armor Sales to Npc

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Hollywood, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Whenever I am out gold farming monsters, I usually never pick up weapons or armor that I deemed unworthy of selling to other players or to use myself. I'm giving it a shot to loot them and take the extra few seconds it takes to sell them to npcs for that extra bit of gold as I know I have been missing out on more gph due to laziness.

Does anyone have an idea of what modifiers increase the sale of weapons and armor to npcs and has anyone noticed a significant increase in gph in doing this. Also if the type of weapon or armor is also a factor.
  2. Hollywood

Chainmail Coif:
    Massive/Invulnerability- 199gp
    Hardening- 99gp
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I like this topic. With careful review, you can use the NPC's to help you pick out worthwhile gear/weapons without identifying.

To answer your question though all modifiers increase value as far as I have experienced.

accuracy
    durability
    armor value
    damage modifer
  4. mindkrall

mindkrall Active Member

Metal armour and two handed weapons fetch reasonably sums, I've been npc'ing unused magic items since I started.

The only thing is - items become heavy, and you reach your weight limit far quicker than if you just carry the gold, thus more trips to town.
  5. Semaj

Semaj Member

I always pick up all armour/weapon drops and ID them back in town. When farming arctic ogre lords I'll have about 10,000 coins by the time I'm overloaded, which to me is a good amount. I also don't mind more frequent trips back and forth as you're more likely to miss PKs and, if you do come across one, you'll have less to lose.

I'll try and keep track of item modifiers and what they fetch and post some info here.
  6. Hollywood

Im also trying to keep track of modifiers also. Would like to understand better whats worth the weight to worth ratio. So i can skip a halbred thats gonna give me 49gp vs a katana that will give me skinning knife that will give me 200gp. Could also take the time and add everything to the sell agent to make it more efficient. Not sure if this is on the scale of penny pinchers, but im curious enough to see if ive been missing out.
  7. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

You get more gold from npcs if you ID the item first. Just a heads up.
  8. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

You don't have to add anything to the sell agent either just target the bag they're in as your hot bag.
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I think it depends on how much value you place on your time doing other things. If you camp one spawn and wait, then sure I suppose it's worthwhile. Waiting is a waste of time to me though.

If you spawn hop then sometimes it's better to just add the top DPS weapons to your restock macro and leave the rest.
  10. Hollywood

Never knew this.. gamechanger

Sometimes im hopping around spawn to spawn otherwise if im multi-tasking or watching something at same time, ill sit a spawn. Not always in a hurry to get 50+ an hour.
  11. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

I've always done this, even when I had big bucks back in the day on Europa, I'd just chuck it all in a bag and every once in a while flog the lot to a bunch of NPCS.

I went through 16 level 4 dungeon chests last night/this morning - cherry picked the magic plate pieces out to make sets and I had a 300 stone bag of odds and sods and sold them all for 4719gp

"Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves"

And agree with the ID everything beforehand statement.