Weapon Damage

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Worm, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

You're using show real. Don't. You can't have 0 anatomy.
    Also, to get your skill to update you have to gain/lose and adjust it again or it doesn't display correctly.

It is probably off a little somewhere, but now that I understand the mechanics I'm not too worried about it.

edit: I tweaked it a little. Try now.
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
  2. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

3. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Any update on a spreadsheet of weapon damages? This would be amazing!
  4. Brun

Brun New Member

I updated it, yes.

I need to figure out the formula to use though against armor.

Due to the bell curve spread of damage with multiple hit dice, weapons with less hit dice will have higher average DPS against armor than an equal average damage weapon with more hit dice. (Well, where the average DMG is less than the average damage the AR absorbs. It's complex... bleh)

Anyway the Alpha and DPS v 0 AR is accurate.

Against 20 & 40 AR, it is *NOT* but is a guide only.

I need to remember my statistics.

Anybody want to help?
    MikeK likes this.
  5. Worm

Worm Member

Last edited: May 12, 2015
    Zim, Basoosh, Keza and 2 others like this.
  6. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!
  7. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

I love these things. Black Staff FTW.
  8. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Fascinating, surprising that the Black Staff beats Qstaff nicely.

As for the standard LJ builds, you hit 100% CA at 99% tactics (with other skills GM) meaning that tactics mods are totally useless, a vanq is as a good as +25 vanq. You could however drop some Tactics and compensate with the weapon modifier.
  9. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

I think the speed on the Black Staff is an error... I have speed of 35 in my file.
  10. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  11. Worm

Worm Member

According to http://www.uorenaissance.com/itemlist/Weapon it is 45. STR requirement is 35.

Looking at the Stratics, http://web.archive.org/web/20000301095812/http://uo.stratics.com/arms.htm, from 2000 it shows black staff at 35.

I am leaning more towards 35 and the item list being incorrect. I will make the changes on the Google doc and re-upload the excel file when I verify all the numbers with the Stratics archive.
  12. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

there was a missing war axe on the spreadsheet, if you guys don't mind adding it.
  13. Qnidopi

Qnidopi New Member

I read the entire thread and i didn't see anywhere to be mentioned about Archery not being influenced by stregth. In another thread where i asked that, the answere was: "Dextirity influences ranged weapons damage".

So, which is true? Archery damage uses Tactics, Anatomy and STR or DEX in calculation?
  14. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I'm out and about right now or I'd test this myself but...

Anyone can hop on test center right now and find this out with a static damage bow and a few SET "X" "#" commands.
  15. Qnidopi

Qnidopi New Member

The problem is that I read carefully the information provided by the site of UO:R. Right here - http://www.uorenaissance.com/stratics/combat in the calculation it's not stated anywhere that archery uses something different but Strength, still in the forum the opinions are different.

Already found that Detecting hidden skill is not functioning the way it's discribed on the site of UO:R (about bonus increase from stats - it's say it gets some, but it gets none).

On the same link (http://www.uorenaissance.com/stratics/combat) is stated that 100 Anatomy gives +20% damage, while in this thread is stated that at GM you get +30% and that is some diffrence.

Through the forum I can check stuff without losing the time to make experiments if someone already knows it/done it. That's partially the idea of the forum itself. Why 10 people should do the same research if someone from the staff can say what true/false? I doubt i'm the only archer interested?
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    Plankton likes this.
  16. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Perhaps the system is set up for self discovery by the community.
    Yes, there are errors... from people... Hence why I wouldn't waste another two pages of speculation on this subject.

The answer is on Test Center. The tools are all there laid out for you by our developer(s).

I'm in an airport right now or I'd do it.
  17. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

Because there are only a few staff members and they split their time between creating new content, fixing all types of bugs, improving DDOS protection, answering private messages and monitoring irc, greeting new players, etc.

Another part of the problem is that some of the information was correct at one point, but no longer is. The information that is available is a bit disorganized as well, so when something changes perhaps one spot gets updated and another does not. Admittedly, some of the information was just wrong to begin with, but given the number of things you can do in this virtual world, that isn't surprising.

If you have a question you can always hop in irc. Usually you'll get an answer pretty quickly unless is it the middle of the night in the US.
  18. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

Test center is great for testing housing addons and hues and stuff like that. Unfortunately, the mechanics aren't always the same. Don't test something mechanical there and assume it is the same on live. It is also worth noting that it isn't updated as frequently and is occasionally used to test change proposals.
  19. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Wow, really?

That's kinda messed up.

Test (edit: on other servers and OSI) is usually "last live patch" and sometimes "new stuff we're testing for next patch" (I think).

*shrug*
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  20. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

It is USUALLY correct. HOWEVER, there are a LOT of things that don't work the same. I don't keep a list, but here are some off the top of my head:

Some things were never the same like EI effect on spell damage. Subexample: Try MBing yourself with 100/25/100 stats and no eval on test vs live).
    Some things that were never patched in. I think the orc/pirate bow accuracy mod is an example of this, but it is possible it has since been updated.
    Also, a bunch of stuff with factions is different.