Weaponry Skills

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Basoosh, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

(new player question, apologies if this type of stuff doesn't go here)

I've heard people talking about power attacks, when talking about melee skills. As I played pre-Renaissance era, what exactly are these? I've looked over the Compendium a bit, but couldn't find an answer. Can anyone explain?
  2. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member

Re: Weapony Skills

Heya Basoosh!

What I believe you are refering to are the "special attacks" of weapons. Fencing, swords, and macing have these attacks, while archery does not.

These attacks are randomly activated (not sure the exact % chance) on a successful weapon hit. These attacks apply only to 2 handed weapons.
    Fencing has a chance to "para blow" somebody. This effect will last 4 seconds and cannot be broken.
    Macing has a chance to "crushing blow" which deals double damage.
    Swords has a chance to "conc blow" which drops the enemys Intelligence by 25.

If you have more questions in regards to these mechanics feel free to ask as the descriptions I have given are very general and could be gone into more detail. For example: the specific weapons for each weapon skill that have the chance to apply said effects.

Unrelated to weapon skills, there are also special moves that you can attempt (with the correct skills) that can stun or disarm your oponent.
  3. Basoosh

Thanks for the info, much appreciated! Do you need to have a GM skill for those abilities to proc?

I also seem to remember that mace fighting automatically drained an opponent's stamina. Does that apply here?

What are the additional special moves for stunning and disarming? I definitely don't remember those.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yes, mace attacks still sap stamina from opponents.
    With a combination of Wrestling and Anatomy skills, one can setup a hotkey to attempt to stun an opponent.
    With a combination of Wrestling and Arms Lore, one can attempt to disarm an enemy dropping their weapon to their pack.
  5. Basoosh

Thanks again for the info.

For the para/crushing/conc blows, any rough estimate on how often they proc? Basically, are they quite rare, or do they regularly happen once a combat?
  6. Aegis

Aegis Member

i think it's 25%?
  7. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

I think it may be 25% of your anatomy skill. So, at 100 anatomy you'd have a 25% chance to land a special blow but I have heard the wrong thing and repeated it before. . .
  8. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

That is correct. (Anatomy / 4) = Chance
  9. Abe

Abe New Member

I read in another post that crushing blow only applies to the warhammer, but here it's indicated that it works with two-handers.

So does that mean I can get crushing blows with the quarterstaff and other staffs (staves?)
  10. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Only on true mace weapons, so only the war hammer qualifies. The staves shouldn't even drain stamina, I submitted a bug report for that.
  11. Abe

Abe New Member

OK thanks.
  12. Verdorben

Verdorben New Member

What? Where is the support to that statement?
  13. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_5

The main reason I brought it up was because war axes currently do not drain stamina, staves do which is incorrect based on Publish 5. Now, whether staff wants to keep staves that way is up yo them, I really wish that war axes damage stamina or allow us to apply POISON!!!! :twisted:
  14. Verdorben

Verdorben New Member

Huh, very interesting.. I know the servers stance on "perfecting" the era, I would consider the balancing of war mace only Crushing blow but would like to see stamina drain on ALL mace weapons.