Welcome to Renaissance: New player help

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Blaise, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Shantibaba

Shantibaba New Member

Sweet. I have been dreading the resist grind.

It's good to be back!
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Adjusting your DNS settings to get the best route to UO:R should help the most. However due to our servers location you should have a pretty good connection. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions about connection optimization.

Welcome Aboard!
  3. Shantibaba

Shantibaba New Member

Thanks Chris. I was not sure about what shard to chose between. But after being online 2 days on UOforever and here. I am convinced this place is my home. All the neon and weird mounts put me off. It just looks so silly.
    I just hope the PvP scene picks up here!
  4. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I hope so as well.

Although, it is pretty active, it's the same names every night. One of the things slowing PvP down are, in my opinion, the group of PK's who kill you and will loot your death robe if they could. While doing this to the seasoned player is all fine and dandy, doing it to the newbs running from Earth Eles is a little much.

What's done is done. ;)
  5. Zenrix

Zenrix New Member

Hello, I'm a brand new player to Ultima Online (Not just this shard), and I am wondering why I cannot group the two piles of gold in my inventory.

[​IMG]

I cannot drag the left pile of gold into the right, it's making my OCD go nuts.

You can expect tons of questions from me. If there was a way I could contact someone active and knowledgeable in-game do I could just ask them questions when I have them it would be great.

EDIT: Well, I just spent all of my gold and that seemed to solve it.
  6. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

One is probably "new player gold" and you shouldnt be able to move it unless a administrator releases it for you. It's supposed to be used with the "vendor buy" command to buy armor and weapons or whatever a new player may need. I think this is to prevent people from creating many new characters just for free gold.
  7. wvmtnman

wvmtnman Member

Hello everyone played UO when Rennesanse first came arund up until the palidin expansion then moved away from internet service. But now I'm back! Couple questions I played a Provo Archer back in the day. Archery, Anatomy, Tactics, Healing, Provo, Music, and Magery. I forgot what my stats was and what skills should I start with? Also forgot what is the best way to make money as a young char? THANKS!!!
  8. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

Welcome to UOR. That seems like a fun template to play. You should probably start with 50 magery and 50 healing. I'd pick up at least 50 mana so as to be able summon a demon or resurrect when needed. As far as making money, just go out and start using your skills. If you're in the young player program I recommend the pirate fort on Occlo. If you'd like questions answered more quickly or would just like to meet your fellow players I recommend joining our IRC channel.
  9. wvmtnman

wvmtnman Member

Humm IRC isan't loading for me What is this young player program?
  10. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member