What a waste of time

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by WoblinTheGoblin, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

But I agree with snap, this is the n-th thread about this topic. Enough already, please.
  2. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

No?! Not enough. I strongly disagree. The (new) people that still have hopes for change and are interested in participating in the Shards development need to be able to voice their opinion without being silenced.

Make it n+1 threads, if you are unsatisfied and don't think that the mechanics are "perfected".
  3. Bloodlust

Bloodlust Well-Known Member

well it is kinda late reply but I was in your pants once.
    I'd waited in idoc like 12 hrs and got pwned. surely it made me god damn frustrated but i didn't quit.
    this is, like other vets said, FEL shard. and doing IDOC in FEL is NOT a fast-drag-drop competition like we had in OSI trm surface.
    you have to deal with or make a competition with other players for good amount of free stuffs.
    just don't quit and keep playing. and raise enough power for against em, or make yourself join in other force.
    One likes this.
  4. Tooms

Tooms Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Hide the houses status to anyone not friended. :)
    WoblinTheGoblin and One like this.
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

ffs

If your goal is to f*ck over the IDOC crew, just let all your houses get to greatly prior to refreshing.
  6. ToX

ToX Active Member

Bring some friends with you and pwn the idoc guys
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Where have you been ToX? Directly competing in the present system is not an option.

The only apparent solution is to change the rules.
  8. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

I meant about the thread being locked.

The same arguments are being regurgitated over and over. The same "perfection" proposals are being made. And the usual people are calling names like they do.

Get out of here!! AFK gumps for Item ID AND randomized timers or GTFO!!!
  9. Hoominaga

Hoominaga Well-Known Member

You know you can do this with Razor right? And it's an extremely easy macro. You don't find the greatly/idoc afk, but after that it's simple to set up a macro to check it.
    wylwrk and snap dragon like this.
  10. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Mes likes this.
  11. Pax Romain

Pax Romain Well-Known Member

I am not in IDERP, nor have I ever been. I'm also not a "very wealthy veteran." I'll see you in Yew Court for libel.
    bart simpson and wylwrk like this.
  12. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Don't wear your blue 1st anniversary sandals to court, Pax.

I don't follow this argument. Actually, I think it's just a bad argument altogether. A handful of people use bots and organization to monopolize the majority of the idoc drops. If it wasn't as easy to automize/plan (because of random timers) then they'd have to spread out that group of people's attention over a larger period of time and wouldn't be able to plan to all be on and gang up on single players at the right time. It's pretty obvious how it would hurt this process.

Although it certainly won't ever change so it's a moot point.

But it's idiotic to come in these threads and call new players trammies because they have a complaint about non-era mechanics that there surely is no evidence we have perfected.
    Dalavar and One like this.
  13. Pax Romain

As Blaise and Mindless (two non-IDERPers) well know, those were the only things I have ever looted at an IDOC -- a very large public one from 2015. And they sat on my keep floor for a long time since I didn't know they were worth very much. I'm pretty sure rule #1 of IDERP is members don't get to keep IDOC loot. @TrojanCow
  14. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I'm just joking about you not considering yourself a wealthy veteran (you are.) You have ethereals, blessed runebooks, and 1st anni sandals. Last time I checked you had a keep with platinum all over it too. I know you may not be gideon rich and you may not care about UO wealth either but I hope you realize you fall into a category of wealthy vets.

As for your involvement in their IDOC group - of course you are an unofficial member. I'd be surprised if you'd argue that. I'm sure you don't run zones and sort loot but you show up any time you were online and they needed to muscle, right? Same for anyone else from your group like blaise or bog or mandevu and so on.
  15. Pax Romain

I have one ethereal -- singular -- from Bog, and no blessed runebooks. I have close to 500 plat on my roof. Over 1000 if you count the trophies' plat value. So I guess I could get another 2 ethereals. I'm not sure what qualifies as "wealthy veteran" to you, but I was thinking people in your guild or IDERP who have ethys and runebooks for every char. I'm not even close.

Every now and then they will ask me for PvP help and it's mutually beneficial: they get another fighter, and I get to see some action, which is the only part of an IDOC that interests me. Does PvPing at a public IDOC with them maybe once a month qualify me as an unofficial member? I guess by that metric I was an unofficial member of various champ spawn guilds like Plat Train and O^S, despite the fact you will rarely catch me doing a champ spawn. My point was I know jack shit about IDOC'ing, and I am -- quite literally -- not on the IDERP payroll.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  16. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

In my opinion just owning a house with a cy just makes you a wealthy player - and yes, just showing up when they need your help makes you an unofficial member of their team as far as I'm concerned. But I understand that you don't want to view it that way.

Remember that the OP spent ten hours hoping for a small tower to fall so he could have it as a home. There's a huge disparity between someone that plays on that level and a guy wearing sandals worth 20+mil, riding an ethereal, and living in a keep. I'm aware you don't care about pve and idocing or uo wealth. I don't either, but I still became wealthy by involvement in a successful pvp guild. Napo doesn't own a single blessed piece of clothing or know idoc mechanics either, but he was still a member of wealthy elite.
    One and Pax Romain like this.
  17. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I will echo that Pax helped us very, very, very rarely. When I was active with them I wouldn't even say it was once a month.
    Pax Romain likes this.
  18. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

19. Balgami

Balgami Well-Known Member

I don't think one group's domination over the IDOC scene warrants a change on the rules level. There should be a change in our play style to combat that if we wish to. This being announcing the IDOC's in IRC or getting more muscle to help you (Anarchy or COM or any other active pvp group would really love ruining IDERP's day).

Moreover even if a change was needed, you have to realize that this shard caters to the old players and the "elite". This server is not their full time job so the little time they can spare, they spend it on not losing the veterans and keeping them happy. How many new players are going to benefit from moats? Changing the IDOC timer I assume would piss off a lot of the veterans.

Also @Pax Romain, you might not be a part of the IDERP, but you are certainly their goon. The times we found out about the IDOCs you were almost always there. I guess on the eliminating opposition front you are their most valuable member/goon. They can't PvP for shit especially when they are tunnel visioning and mouth watering over sandals.
    Pax Romain likes this.
  20. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

In my opinion IDOC's have always been 'end game' content due to their competitive nature, in order to be successful you need a good team, strategy and most importantly timing. The reason for the competition is pretty simple, IDOC's are among the most profitable ventures in this game so of course it will attract the most dedicated and hardcore players to grab all the loot and house spots.

Watching a well organized IDOC group is a fascinating process, IDOC'ers are meticulous in their process and aim to maximize their gains while minimizing losses by killing everyone around. Compared to a regular player that shows up to an IDOC and camps for hours, the difference in preparation, planning and execution is worlds apart. There's so much more to IDOC'ing than showing up with a timer and looting everything, players plan for house drops for days, making sure to get the most accurate information possible, clicking every container and trying to find anything worth looting before the house finally drops.

Unfortunately the only thing the average player sees is a bunch of vets coming in the last few minutes and looting everything, it really undermines the hours of effort that went into getting to that point.

If you are going to camp an IDOC house with no timer, have everything on scavenger agent and expect to place a house, you will be severely disappointed. What you should be fully prepared for is gank squads to clear everyone out within minutes of the house drop, receiving no loot, and multiple deaths - and I think that's entirely fair. IDOCing is not easy, and the rewards more than make up for the terribly long hours and tedious process of recording house changes.

That being said, even as a new player it's possible to snag a pouch full of weapons or rares worth millions even when there's a dozen dedicated IDOC'ers on screen.
    TrojanCow and El Horno like this.