What are you working on?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by ReZon, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

My plan is to leave the guard zone for the first time this summer. I know i already had this on my schedule for spring but let's be realistic ...
    English John, Keza, Tuco and 6 others like this.
  2. Fraggle

Fraggle Well-Known Member

-Grinding it out on my bard....saving for a tower. Back in the day on GL the largest place I had was a log cabin. I am excited to see that a large house is attainable here!

-Create a crafter mule. This was my first toon on osi.

-Participate in a fight night and CTF event.

-Meet some new folks to run around with!
    Wise and ReZon like this.
  3. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Working on finishing the deco on my keep. Then I'll probably get working on some others. My goal is to hopefully place in the contest.

Finish getting the event center set up and host a regular schedule of events. The first 2 went fairly well, gotta get my process streamlined yet. *in case anyone missed the update, I had to postpone tomorrow's event due to a busy RL.

Get the Ironman on the purple and green AMiB. Hopefully become the first to do them all with an actual fisherman. Anyone have a Repond Bow to sell me?

Get my ass in gear and finish my crafters. Right now I'm just coasting on my wife's efforts and having her make stuff.

Put more effort into maintaining a vendor operation. Buying all that deco stuff and self - funding my events gets costly.

Spend more time adventuring with Jupiter and Co. As well as others.

Become reasonably proficient at pvp and join a faction. I'll feel dirty not being a TB, but I'll get over it. I'd also like to compete on Fight Nights.

Someday maybe even GM my tamer if i ever get the ambition.

All that and a couple hundred other things. I have plenty to keep me here a good long time.
    Keza, Wise and ReZon like this.
  4. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

Finally prevent the wandering dead from encroaching upon the land of the living, and smiting all necromancers that plague this shard (for their magic is an abomination to me)
    Jupiter likes this.
  5. Jebidiah

Jebidiah Active Member

ReZon, I recently made the newest man-made lake to UOR. I call it Lake Storm, I am working on installing two gates to allow visitors in to the lake.
    ReZon and Jupiter like this.
  6. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Gonna try to find time to expand the moonglow rune library into the workshop across the road. Also wanna start a rune library in east britain. Other than that, keep collecting plat for the goodies.
    ReZon likes this.
  7. Damian

Damian New Member

I'm completely new to this shard, and to this game in fact. My immediate goal is to figure out what I'll enjoy playing most. So far, my provoke- mage treasure hunter seems to be the most appealing idea. I have a few other templates I'm trying out too, mostly trying to get a feel for whats out there.
    Keza, Huzke, Wise and 1 other person like this.
  8. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

New to UO completely? Welcome aboard and I hope you stick with it. The game has a steep learning curve but the experiences in UO you will find are more rewarding than any other game out there.
    Keza and Damian like this.
  9. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

Welcome to the shard! If you've got any questions, there are a ton of helpful folks on this server who are happy to help.

There is a Lot to do here, and most of us will never get it all done. :)
    Wise and Damian like this.
  10. Damian

Damian New Member

Thank you. I can see myself sticking with it for a while. I've really enjoyed reading the guide section of the forum and I know what you mean about the learning curve!
    ReZon, Wise and Basoosh like this.
  11. Sha-noobie

Sha-noobie Member

My current goal on my first character in 8 years is to 7x GM my fighter. I have been back for a few weeks now and I'm close. I was somehow able to muster enough gold to purchase a Marble Workshop near Destard.

Then I want to work on an ANTI-PK Champion of the Realm. The Pk's on this shard are a bunch of bottom feeding idiots. I saw a character that will go nameless, but I will assure you that he is known by his crimes of hate, and his bottom feeding buddies kill a naked bard the other day that was obviously skilling. Glad they were able to take his store bought instrument and leave him stuck. I gave him a recall scroll and I marked a rune for him to get back to town.

This type of strip mining of noobs is not only honorless but its self-defeating. It will be hard for me to recruit some old UO friends to return to the splendor of Renaissance if I have to tell them that the PK's here are honorless morons. Go ahead and kill...just don't discourage new players by picking the low hanging fruit. Sweeping Despise and Shame is really low. I leave this rant by saying... leave the noobs their rune and 2 of each recall reg or a scroll (if they were carrying it) so they can get back to town. Anything less is D-baggery.

Other than that, recruit more to Renaissance is my goal for foreseeable future. Loving it here.
    Liberation likes this.
  12. Wil

Wil Member

13. Urza

Urza Active Member

This is the story of my life on UOR too, but I'm going to self motivate with energy drinks and push-ups between BOD macros.
  14. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

You should come play outside my keep. There's a lot of spawn you could practice on. Everything from brigands to liches with ettins in between!
    Fraggle and Damian like this.
  15. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Agreed. It and its fat cousin the fortress are hands-down the best home designs ever. Far better than OSI's original creation. If you can get a keep, get a keep.
  16. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I have tried that but nobody comes out to play with me.
  17. Damian

Damian New Member

Funny - how is it that I know about you already? You play a thief right? That was something else I was interested in, but as far as I understand they aren't so popular here - I could be wrong.
  18. Fraggle

Lol! A thief that wants to steal your face! no pun intended....GD for life!
    Pork Fried Rice likes this.
  19. Fraggle

Yes Wil...The large keep is the shiz! I haven't found a spot to fit one yet. However, I did find a nice spot for the tower. I guess I'll keep an eye out as the funds rise!
  20. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

I take offense to that. Anytime I ever took from someone was on their corpse, not in their backpack!
    Lethius and Damian like this.