What build is most profitable for you?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Andrakus, Dec 18, 2018.

What is your primary money making occupation here?

1. Bard / Tamer

25 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. Provo Mage

11 vote(s)
    17.5%
  3. Thief

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. PK

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. Treasure Hunter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Provo Dexxer

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  7. Battle Miner

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  8. Crafter / BOD

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  9. Fisherman

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. Other

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Andrakus

Andrakus Well-Known Member

I'm just interested to see what most people use as their primary money making build. I think i got the main ones listed there. Feel free to comment the others.
  2. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Other, dexxer/tamer

The damage from a dexxer/tamer or melee/tamer can only be surpassed by a Bard/tamer with discordance. In terms of general farming, faster killing = faster gold. In the past, I have pulled in 60K - 70K per hour clearing Destard with a Frenzied pack.

Most players dont go dexxer/tamer because its vulnerable to PKs and you typically need a second account to gate pets around. To each their own :D
    Ouroboros, Xavant_BR and Andrakus like this.
  3. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

Voted fisherman. The bulk of my $ comes from mibs/nets/amibs...when I actually get to play that is.
    Kiryana likes this.
  4. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Provo bard t hunter
    midgetbob, Kiryana and Andrakus like this.
  5. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Thief. Big scores are very few and very far between, but a decent house loot can run into the millions.

I'm building a tamer now though, so that may change.
    O'Malley, Kiryana and Andrakus like this.
  6. Cronos

Cronos Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I love my Tamer/Tracker/Mage. Very useful for holiday events and zookeeper scrolls.
    Kiryana and Andrakus like this.
  7. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

8. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Very variable as my disco tamer can farm like noones business.

However, my provo dexxer is the most consistent (instances), and the biggest homerun hitter with rares and rare drops from instances and events.

My provo/tracker/mage has also hit some big homeruns during Christmas and Easter.

Overall, I’d say my provo dexxer has contributed most to my net worth. Then again, he is 1st in lifetime kills for pirates, so that says something about how much time I have spent on him.
  9. Tybris Varn

Tybris Varn Member

Ive got Peace/Fencing so with the peaceing and para from a spear its done well for me.
  10. DaBucs

DaBucs Well-Known Member

I voted other since i vary, but usually my merchant is where im generating my income from selling crafted goods
    or I can net some good money fishing up mibs, tmap and amibs then sell those
    then I also have a provo mage which if i were to use that would most likely be my best money maker
  11. Chafe

Chafe Well-Known Member

@Hollywood , talk me through what a battleminer does and why you enjoy playing it? Do you actively seek hard to mine spots in dungeons etc, or does it just allow you to mine without a care above ground? Never played it and intrigued....
    Hollywood, Lord Sky and Andrakus like this.
  12. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

@Chafe you can skip through this video to get an idea of what Battle mining is.
  13. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member

From talking to people in-game and on the forums, it seems to me that the provo tamer (taming/lore/vet/magery/meditation/music/provocation) is one of if not the most popular builds for farming gold. But one of the things I like a lot about this game is that you can sit down and choose among many different characters and go to many different activities depending on your mood that day.

During holidays I think a tracker tamer easily beats a provo tamer, but you should have at least a provo bard to call in as backup. I know of someone who plays a pure bard and has earned a lot of wealth (scrolls) so far this year using energy vortex scrolls.
    Salick and Andrakus like this.
  14. Andrakus

Andrakus Well-Known Member

Keza, i love your vids man. You are one of the few i've seen actually pull that type of thing off with the Ossytank. I got to ask though, what are it's greatest limitations (outside of pvp of course)? Can you take on minibosses/bosses with out much problems? Like Diseased bloods or Obsidian Gargs?

I've been debating making a tamer for some time but i don't know if i'm ready for that grind with my limited playing time right now. Possibly i can convert my LJ bard to the Ossytank.
  15. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Obsidian gargs and balrons are pretty much the limit for ossytanks. If your lucky and they never do a large spell combo that includes poison then your ostard lives. If your not lucky, poison blocks your vet heal after taking a huge hit and its typically game over lol.

Its very practical for a lot of other things, AMIB Ironmans, Tmap Ironmans, general farming, and event farming (I hope to do a video about that soon). Its really up to you, ossytank build is not for everyone and a provo/dexxer can typically do more.
  16. midgetbob

midgetbob Well-Known Member

THunter, Provo-Mage

Mage,
    Med,
    Hiding,
    Cartog,
    Lockpick,
    Music,
    Provo
  17. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

@Keza When you hunt with packs, are they all bonded or is just your "main" one bonded?
  18. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Disco Tamer year around.

PK/Thief during the Holiday events.
    Also During Holidays Tracking+Magery+Hiding to scope out event mobs then gate to the main tamer. ◄▬

I don't know how to make BoDs, Fishing & Tmaps profitable. But I imagine those are better.

---
    For a brand new player. Dexxer+Vet using a forest ostard to tank.
    Then bumping up taming to 80.1 or so and running Frenzy Ostard Pack + Dexxer.
    The kill speed is insane and the profit is worth it. Plus you can save for good dragons/Mares/etc.
  19. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

All bonded, my pack is quite elite :D
  20. bwillb

bwillb Active Member

Straight gold drops normal farming, probably provo bard. Get something where 3 spawn at a time and it's pretty easy money. If you include event items and other shit you sell to players, definitely disco tamer.