What build is most profitable for you?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Andrakus, Dec 18, 2018.

What is your primary money making occupation here?

1. Bard / Tamer

25 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. Provo Mage

11 vote(s)
    17.5%
  3. Thief

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. PK

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. Treasure Hunter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Provo Dexxer

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  7. Battle Miner

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  8. Crafter / BOD

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  9. Fisherman

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. Other

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. trifectafunk

trifectafunk Well-Known Member

surprised provo/dexxer so low, its just so ez to start off with. Also, I PvP on a mage so if I PvM'd on a mage what exactly would I do with all my awesome loot??? collect it in chests for no one?
  2. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

There are essentially two versions of battle miners but for the most part, they stick to the same basic principles of templates and techniques and eventually after learning through doing, reading guides, and getting information from other players, then those templates and techniques will start changing. I've created my template http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/1425498 to take them down solo but still manage to transport without assistance of another character. When I want to go hard, then I'll bring out my provo-dexxer with magery to assist if i need to gate large amounts of ore, heal my miner, more damage, and aggro the elementals onto each other.

Mountain Side Battle Miners:
    Use Gargoyle Pickaxes to dig out various Ore Elementals with the chance and hope of unearthing 1 of 3 Mason Ore carrying elementals:

http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/StoneElemental
    Easiest to kill, stone ingots sell great but not great other loots
    se.PNG
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/SandstoneElemental
    Still not hard to kill, Sandstone ingots will still sell but not as quickly as stone or marble. Rest of loot same as stone elementals.

sse.PNG
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/MarbleElemental
    Hit hard and if you get lost on your netflix show, they can take you down. Marble ingots sell well and the loot is satisfactory for the effort put into casual profit earnings.

me.PNG

Marble Elementals are found where you find Valorite and Verite ore.
    Sandstone Elementals are found where you find Agapite and Gold ore.
    Stone Elementals are found where you find Shadow, Copper and Bronze ore

@Keza has already posted his awesome vid that gave me an idea of how it worked when I first got into it.

Cave Digging Battle Miners:

To be honest, I don't have as much information to give about this side of battle mining. But a character just uses Gargoyle Shovels to dig inside of caves and I believe depending on the color of the shovel itself, determines the Ore Golem which gives some ore that roughly amounts to about 50 ingots per golem. I'd imagine some of the same tactics are involved, but I've seen @El Horno vid (though I'm not completely sure if it's his or just one that he shared):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=q7oVU7oFgPA

but he's triple boxing with some great weapons (which you of course don't need but of course speeds things up) for great efficiency while using two accounts on a looping macro for attacking the golems and healing.

Not really certain of the profit difference between the similar professions, I just stick to the mason elementals because it's what I enjoy doing even if it may not be the most profitable. The mountain side battle mining can be done within guard zones, but 95% of the time I do outside of guard zone because I look for Valorite and Verite veins mostly.

Got a little carried away and typed more than I even expected to, but there is still plenty that I didn't cover on the topic.
    One and Andrakus like this.
  3. Andrakus

Andrakus Well-Known Member

I think i'm going to copy this build for a Thunter.
  4. Salick

Salick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

And where can one purchase large amounts of these scrolls? :)
    Btw, I need more.
    Leopold likes this.
  5. midgetbob

midgetbob Well-Known Member

Works great.

When you learn the timing of digging up the chests you can hide 99% of the time after the last animation before the spawn pops.

Gives you a few seconds to figure out priorities, or, if you're dual boxing, make your pets the primary targets.
  6. bwillb

bwillb Active Member

I was going for that build but ended up dropping provo for stealth to hit dungeon chests. May go back to it after GMing lockpicking so I don't have to dual box the lower tmaps
  7. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Awesome build and the one I use.

Protip: You can finish up the digging process while mounted, so: double click shovel -> target map -> target map again -> mount -> and hide right after the 7th “hop” of the chest after breaking ground -> start unlocking chest -> ctrl+shift to pull out all the bars while waiting out the rest of the 10s skill cooldown -> provo away!
    Dash and midgetbob like this.
  8. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

@Chafe its actually a pretty fun mining experience on this shard. Think the gargoyle pickaxes are for the mountain sides the produce elementals which pay in ore, gold and gems. The gargoyle shovels are for the caves and based on color is what you dig up. Golems dug up pay in ore, though the last one the Lord has chance for mining gloves, plat, or statues.

I really have fun with it my main money maker.
  9. Andrakus

So I''ve almost completed this build. Trying to decide on my stats. Usually i'd go 90/45/90 but i don't know if i really have any need for the dex to be that high. I'm thinking 100/35/90 or 90/35/100. My thought process is if my strength is higher i can carry more on me and having more mana is always good. Any insight? @midgetbob
  10. bwillb

bwillb Active Member

The only usage for dex on this build would be for reducing mind blast damage. With hide and provo, a user-controlled spawnrate, and going to out of the way treasure map spots rather than dungeon pk hotspots, Im not sure any is needed.
  11. Salick

Salick Well-Known Member

This is my exact t hunter build. I usually double box with my disco tamer. I hide when the chest pops, Provo a few of the mobs, and come in with my dragons. I do 100/35/90, as you aren’t casting much. Plus when the balron pops out of the level 5 and hits you with a flame strike and 40+ melee damage, you still have something in your tank :) I prioritize provoking the dread spiders and balrons, so I would have daemon slayer instrument; they are the only spawns I often fail provoking.
    Andrakus likes this.
  12. Andrakus

So you are saying i need to have a tamer.:eek: i been putting that off a lot.
  13. midgetbob

I use 100 str / 100 int / 25 dex. The extra str is important, the seeing PKs rare.

Plus, once everything is provoked, EV Scrolls help speed some things up. Even if they get dispelled, if they land that poison, makes things a lot faster. Also beneficial to drop 2 EVs if you decide to dungeon farm. 2 EVs will basically kill a dragon, for example.
  14. Andrakus

Wait you use EV scrolls? is that in case you fizzle?
  15. Salick

Salick Well-Known Member

I have soloed level 4 maps with this build. And level 4s and 5s are a lot of fun with another Provo or peace dexer buddy. I’m sure people have soloed level 5 maps with this build, but I haven’t tried it yet. My personal favorite character has been my tracking Provo mage with hiding, and has proven to be very profitable for Xmas, and a really fun toon to play on. if we are talking gold per hour annualized, hard to beat a disco tamer. But fuck man, it’s boring as hell.
  16. midgetbob

Yep. Scrolls = 2 levels lower than the spell. So I never fizzle the EVs and get both down immediately.

During xmas event, for example, if you can get both EVs down right next to the mage and get lucky with the first EV swing being poison? 2 EVs usually can kill the mage before it dispells 'em, since it's trying to cure instead. w/o Scrolls, that wouldn't be viable.
    Andrakus likes this.
  17. Krothu

Krothu Well-Known Member

My Mage is my farmer, hes more than capable of taking down (through orc ingenuity) some of the tougher spawns and is able to fight or flee as needed (depends on how many attackers ive got) he will also kill anyone who attempts to loot my kills. (never mess with an orcs shineez)