What PvP changes would you like to see?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Genocide, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Genocide

Genocide Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Let's use this thread ad a means to openly discuss likes/dislikes of the PvP system. This includes PKing, Order/Chaos, Factions, Dueling, Fielding, Templates, Incentives, you name it.

Telamon is about to release a pretty big patch. After release, i would like to have some suggestions for the next patch. Even if it's ideas or topics that were discussed previously (Faction Ethys, Faction blessed runebooks etc).
  2. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

I'd like to see more mandrake root on the players I kill.
    Xegugg likes this.
  3. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

Those future tamers at Jhelom farms don't normally carry ANYTHING so I guess you're outta luck porky
  4. Pork Fried Rice

I only go there to prevent inflation from getting out of hand... and for their hearts and livers.
  5. Brymstone

Whatever blows your skirt up man
  6. Loki

Loki Active Member

Parry should be changed. It seems like it doesn't do much now. I remember it being a lot more effective back in the day. I think that a shield shouldn't stop passive mana regeneration. I used to have a parry mage and would be able to equip a shield after a dump and run around for a bit till my mana was back up. Now when you have the shield equiped it seems to freeze your mana where it is.
  7. Pork Fried Rice

Roach mages were pretty good during UOR when you had a large number of melee opponents.
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

A wooden shield shouldn't impede Meditation.
  9. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

stealing weights increased (or a minimum weight for gm like 6 stones) and the fails fixed

with all of the problems with guards on every bank corner, npc sight and notices, the rares being too heavy to steal, etc the thief class is going to be pushed more to a pvp aspect *less fun imo* so those things will be important if a thief is going to have any success in pvp. (remember you have to snoop the main pouch, keep that open, snoop secondary pouches, target, steal, repeat for dif items, all while trying to heal/keep up with mover/cast offense/etc... so the weights thing would be a big thing for the pvp thief. I think at gm I should be able to steal 10 stones of regs or bandies or any stacked items in 2 attempts at most, and the weps and things that are 5+ stones fail to be stolen too much as well, sometimes you only get one chance and failing on something at gm skill makes being a gm feel worthless.

But I'd like to see the town stuff fixed too, town thieves get a lot of flak, but the towns were to thieves what dungeons are to pks, and it only makes sense that there would be light rares and that a gm could avoid going grey every time or having guards kill you more than half the time.

Anyhoo... thief boost yay

(also plz make runebooks/bod books targ stealable)
  10. Aya

Aya Active Member

Bolas!!!!!
    Vlar likes this.
  11. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

I want to see armor addressed. There should be more of a reason to wear plate. Right now it's only a commodity for BOD's.

No idea how this would be done, maybe remove the dexterity penalties or lower them for some armors?

Edit: Bolas would be great too. The orcs on Siege we fought with loved those things, of course I hated them but it added a great dynamic.
    Jupiter and Basoosh like this.
  12. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I'd like to see poisoned arrows like Angel Island had, to make archery more effective. Basically you'd poison a piece of cloth and it would have charges like any poisoned weapon. Each poisoned cloth would have an X amount of uses. You'd "wipe the arrow with poison" before each attack, and there was a slight chance your bow would start to corrode if you messed up such as weapons would. You could make "sealed bows" by putting beeswax on them which would be resistant to corrosion. I thought it added a good balance against mages who seem to have an advantage on any shard.
    Jupiter, Brymstone and Vlar like this.
  13. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I could go on but you get the point.
    Brymstone, Aya and Xegugg like this.
  14. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

I've always thought this would be a great addition to the game.

I think combat, the melee type needs to be addressed in general. Everything is always about the mages.
    Jupiter likes this.
  15. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

Bolas!
    Aya, Vlar and PaddyOBrien like this.
  16. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

May as well pimp my suggested special move for archery, which would be the "crippling blow". Similar to the "concussion blow" of 2H swords, but instead of Intelligence it reduces Dexterity.

I think it would be cool to use against dexers because it slows down their swing rate to a speed closer to the archers, and cool against mages because you can also potentially follow it up with a Clumsy and really impede their ability to stun punch, etc. Additionally, you could even try opening with a bow until you hit the crippling blow, then switch to a mace to drain stamina from that reduced level.
    Jupiter, Vlar and PaddyOBrien like this.
  17. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

bolas but only if you have stealth to use them !
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  18. Aya

Aya Active Member

Ok, bolas!!! No really, I understand the bola hate...other servers both free and OSI...stealthers bola and gank... tamers bola then all kill...however, I am sure there would be a way to make it so bolas could only be used by a player with no followers and could not have a follower (for ethy users) perhaps on a timer?

Oh well, I will just Klomp each of you with no bolas, no matter to me as long as I get to separate your head from your body.
    Vlar likes this.
  19. Brymstone

POISONED ARROWS!!!!!

It worked great on Angel Island, it wasn't overpowered and it made bowyers IMPORTANT to the economy.

Archers actually got a little more respect and archery as a secondary skill was WORTH something in PvP instead of being totally worthless as it is on this shard.

As another issue, fix metal armor, nerf barbed a little and FIX melee damage, because there are so many people here that know it's broken and we have great folks playing here that if they collaborated could really create an awesome "fix" (Gideon Jura, Dalavar, Nightwolf)
    PaddyOBrien and Vlar like this.
  20. Brymstone

Well if bolas come back then why not Chivalry with it's un-horsing special move? Bolas would open up a whole can of cluster-f&%k.
    Then if Chivalry gets a go ahead then why not allow Necromancy..........hey, I like where this is going, I'd better stop while I'm ahead.