What PvP changes would you like to see?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Genocide, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Trophies are platinum in disguise.

I like the idea of a 'zone' for the town controllers but how could that be made to keep them exposed when accessing said area? I mean, it would be cool but it should also be an open door for other factioners to come in and fight them in the area, without the ability to reap the same rewards as the presently dominant faction.
  2. Freakzilla

Freakzilla Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I have no clue how you would code it, but the other 3 factions should not be allowed into the area. Thats the whole point. By not allowing the losing factions access to the zone, you would hope that it promotes more involvement in protecting your sigil and taking other towns. Actually, the zone should be Silver vice plat, like I said above. You could put some nice silver vendors in there as well.

Actually, there would be issues with this idea. 3 accounts and 15 characters per person being the biggest problem.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    Basoosh likes this.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I don't think there should be any method of earning mini-Trammel for your faction, is my point. Yes, make a special area with special spawn that have higher drop-rates, for the dominant faction only. But allow enemies to come find you there so if they can bring the fight, you will have to fight to keep your profits rolling in. Without that, it would effectively just be everyone in one faction ensuring %100 access to the special drop rate area.

A way I've envisioned it in the past, would be to have sort of a Faction Champ spawn, where the mobs only target factioners and only factioners can attack them or loot them. If these were 'active' at any given time in at least one area (perhaps have four different areas, respective of the four factions), it would promote activity in the area. If Factioners knew they could get a fair helping of gold, silver and platinum, for grouping up on these mobs, they would be there. If this were tied to system messages for other factioners, they would know when one was going on so they would have incentive to go there and fight the mobs, and/or the enemies seeking to take that loot for themselves.
  4. Freakzilla

Freakzilla Active Member

I like that idea as well. If I can ever get out of the jungle and get real internet, I would love to be more involved. I think we have a multitude of smart and talented people here who can make this work, and fix the issues that people are bringing up.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I'm pretty confident we house the greatest minds ever to grace the UO community here. Despite disagreements or headbutting over issues, I absolutely believe this to be the truth.

There are so many possible ways to take this game that even considering changes is an undertaking, let alone implementing them without pissing everyone off. That being said, Factions has a really long way to go, to be decent and worthwhile here. It really is its own huge ball of wax, entirely apart from PvP in general. I imagine Telamon looks at it like cleaning the attic/garage. Yeah, everyone knows it has to be done, things will be better once it's done but holy shit is it packed. There's so much crap crammed in every corner and covered in so much dust you have to examine everything as you handle it in order to ensure efficiency and quality end results. As such, you might as well not even begin until you're ready to commit a massive amount of time to it.
    Rokk and Freakzilla like this.
  6. Athena

Athena Active Member

I know this isn't PvP based but since the topic is here, I'd love to see parry brought up a bit it seems lacking and would breathe some life into 1-hander weapons. (Honestly when I see dexxers anymore most of em are rocking a spear/axe/warhammer it would be nice to see the 1-handeds get a bit more use. Also note this is outside of poisoners who I know will rock forks/kryss.) I'd also really like to see SOMETHING done for archery, I know it has its moments but I felt when I played in this era in OSI there were a lot more archers or even warriors who ran archery as a 7th skill. I don't know how to freshen it up in PvP but perhaps in PvM let arrows/bolts penetrate monster AR a bit. Anyway this is really off-topic for the PvP forum so if theres enough discussion I'll move my ideas over to a more suitable area.
    Mes and Freakzilla like this.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

The prevalence of 2-handed weapons is related to the special moves that are only possible with them. Not saying I disagree with your post, but I personally always carry both on characters that can benefit from both.
    Hazy likes this.
  8. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

A zone that is open strictly to factioners could be enticing, but not limited to town controllers. Maybe the faction with the most towns will have a few faction guards spawn in the zone, so it would just be more of an annoyance to the other factions... no faction traps though. :p
    Blaise likes this.
  9. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

nerf mb so we don't have to have crappy stats to avoid getting waylaid by a crappy level 5 spell
  10. Hazy

Hazy Active Member

I only liked your post Blaise to get you over 666 likes.
    Blaise likes this.
  11. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Mindblast has an important place in the game, it's the way it is to promote hybrid templates and help dexers out.
  12. Jack of Shadows

it really helps dexers out to lose swing speed or hp and bandy timers to avoid getting killed in 3 spell by mindblast
  13. Jack of Shadows

sorry stats affect too much for me to ever support mindblast pvp
  14. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

That's not a bad idea, warriors have it hard enough fight'n mages. (pure warriors w/100 100 25)
    Edit: apparently I don't actually and never have understood mindblast because math

bump all that no spell should be IN VAS MATH

stupid spell! *shakes fist*
  15. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

What's lost in swing speed is made up for by a healthier mana pool that will save your ass more than it will get you killed. If you're banking on your weapon alone to net you kills, you're losing anyway. People just don't die to that unless they're grossly unprepared or fumbling really bad.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    Mes likes this.
  16. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

who are you and what did you do with Blaise?
    Gideon Jura and Blaise like this.
  17. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Sorry, I edited the typo. I know it was terribly out of character.
  18. Jack of Shadows

I dunno, I seem to remember 100 dex weapon users chewing through mages (esp with the addition of wep special moves) when UOR went in and before the other things like necro/ninja/bullcrapetc were added later. I still remember mindblast being overpowered, but pretty sure you'd put a guy with 100 dex and str with a kyrss against mage and the mage would get chewed to bits during this time frame. The shift went to dexers and the thieves got disarm and there was never a shortage of weps to be disarm/stolen since dexers got such a boost. (and the disarms/stealing wouldn't have even come close to the amount of fails as here) it may have been different in the super pro l33t crowd doing mass battles and bullcrap, my perspective was from running in dungeons and wilderness and towns.

but still that mana pool you speak of might not be needed if the dynamic was shifted from "you died because you got lucky with successes" to "you died because you got unlucky and hit a random fail) Success > low % fails make the game more fun and it was how it was then.

Anyhow, I'm losing my point, those 1 point hits need to be done away with, and dexers and hybrid mages should beat stun/heal mages if my memory serves (and the thief would beat them all :) )
    Vlar likes this.
  19. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

^
    Save your breath Jack, I realized a few posts back that things are the way they are here.

Many people would like to see something done with the 1 point hits of damage, the dex loss penalties for metal armor, the AR of leather (A bit too high for UO:R or any era), the damage done by MB, the no damage hits from wrestling/stun punches, the poison spell being resisted too often, no jewelry with mods, no appreciable bonus to poison spell with GM poisoning, no Alchemy bonus to purple pots (Doesn't have to be OP'd to allow it to be viable). The list could go on and on.

Have to deal with the system as it is, but it's free so everyone should appreciate that in and of itself. :)
  20. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Liberation likes this.