What PvP changes would you like to see?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Genocide, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Adding any bonus to purple potions will make them OP, the end, no debate. They are already good enough and with the right finesse (or macro), still very accurate. No jewelry with mods is perfectly acceptable as well, unless you're talking about items for RP like nightsight rings and polymorph clothes. lol
    Aside from those two things, being some of the few things staff has ever said will not change, everything else is still open for discourse and just not being addressed because PvP changes cause more tears than any other potential patches or updates.

Also, Jack, I don't remember weed being that good back in the day.
  2. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I didn't smoke weed during the Ren era :) Or drink. That came after the divorce lol. Back then drugs of choice were UO and Mt Dew :D
    Vlar likes this.
  3. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

You know, we could always start with adding stamina drain to the war axe.
  4. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

5. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

lol.
  6. Aya

Aya Active Member

I am only quoting to maybe get your attention...

More regs please Liberation...
  7. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

Haha.

PM me if you want regs.
  8. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

- More consistent weapon damage
    - Successfully punching someone should yield at least 1 point of damage causing disruption.
    - Personally i'd like to see the random timer on explolsion pots removed so that they're more reliable when throwing on the run, but I realize people will only whine about it even though that's how it used to be
    - Add "flee from battle" back to those who aggro another player. It's ridiculous for someone to run up, attack/fail, and then recall scotch free. If you engage someone in combat, and they call in 20 guys to swarm you, that's the risk you took engaging in combat in the first place.

That's all that really bothers me right now.
    Cynic likes this.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Mandevu what are your thoughts on the high level of poison resist here? I know you're a 5xer, so that should be a fairly significant bit that I'd like to hear your opinion on.

As for the purple potion timing, the macros out there presently make them still pretty damn reliable, even for a terribad such as myself. This one I've got now basically spins it up, waits for the one, then plays a secondary macro to pause briefly before purple/last targeting. Seems to work well enough for me, but I'm not expecting rifle accuracy either.

Welcome back.
  10. Mandevu

Yes, thank you for reminding me. The consistency of landing a poison needs to be upped a little. It seems a little ridiculous as of now. I could fail nox on someone 5x in a row and that's actually commonplace. I'm not saying every one should land, but it fails far too often as of now.

As for purples, I don't use a macro for it, I throw them manually as it's too risky for me to run a macro while casting and throwing simultaneously. Although, I suppose I could try running a macro like I did a long time ago for when chasing people down. Even then, I believe it's designed so that even if you time them perfectly it will still only have a 50% of landing while on the run. So obviously throwing by hand needs to be effin perfect mental timing. This issue isn't as high up as a concern for me as the others.

I would rank the priority of my list as follows:
    - more consistent weapon damage
    - landing wrestle punch constitutes at least 1 point of damage
    - increased chance of landing poison spell
    - implement flee during battle prohibition for those who aggro another player
    - purple pots
    Brymstone likes this.
  11. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

It appears that Mandevu would like to see some changes. Seems that when I bring things into a forum of discussion it's simply dismissed as "the laundry list", I agree with Mandevu 100% and would like to see certain issues with PvP addressed.

If someone with his PvP cred is bringing these issues up then maybe people who PvP actually do care about certain aspects of the mechanics as they are on this server.
  12. napo

napo Well-Known Member

I'm definitely in favor of changes with regard to poison resists and heat of battle.
    Purple pots is literally throwing money at people to get pvp wins and it's not era accurate as no one was wealthy enough to toss them around like crazy in era. Can't say I'm a fan.
  13. Mandevu

I like them as they help me offset pots/wands + running. They aren't really that high of a priority for me because they're still effective enough, but the other issues I mentioned are things that seem to be a general consensus most agree on. The inconsistent weapon damage and wrestle punches doing zero damage even against un-armored opponents is one of my biggest pet peeves. I don't play a dexxer of any sort, but it's glaringly obvious when i fight dexxers at how crippled they seem. I just fought a guy with a vanq long spear and in one sitting he hit me for 32, and then turns around and hits me for 1; and that's common. As for wrestling; I think if you land a punch it should yeild at least 1 pt. of damage. It's bad enough when fighting with no armor, and on top of a 50% chance of actually landing a punch, it seems that even then there's only a 50% chance to do damage. Basically it's as if you have a 25% of disrupting with a punch, and if they have armor you can forget about it.
    Brymstone likes this.
  14. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

What Mandevu said.

Also, I'd like to see a boost to having poisoning on a mage. % chance to land more poisons? % chance to land a higher level of poison? % chance to resist poison?

It's an expensive skill and it really lacks luster on a mage, unless you're Sandro... he could make tinkering work on a pvp mage.
    Brymstone and Jack of Shadows like this.
  15. Mandevu

Lol..tinker a trapped box, and trick you into opening it mid fight, eh?
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

How could you negate the benefits of a nox mage in a 5x duel? Are they just out then with all that passive bonus from the 6th skill?

I've definitely liked the idea of DP or at least GP Poison Fields (maybe chance based, where 1:100 times you can get a DP field up), for having Poisoning skill.
  17. Mandevu

I think if you duel in the arena, when you choose 5x, it only allows for the 5x Mage skills and disables poisoning. If that's what you're asking? At least I sure as hell hope so otherwise I'll be 5xin with a nox Mage from now on lol
  18. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

it does do that (treats you as if you have 0 poisoning/tactics etc)
    Mandevu likes this.
  19. Mandevu

A chance at droppin DP poison fields would be badass imo. Also, give an increased chance of landing poison the closer you are to target when initiated. Or at least increase the chance of landing dp when released at close range. If there was a little more incentive to it I would probably play a nox Mage.
  20. Mandevu

I'll try to interpret this as best as I can remember from what I was told.

Apparently, the issue regarding weapon damage isn't an issue with the weapon damage calculation, rather, it has to do with a flaw in the way that armor is calculated into absorbing too much damage. Consequently, this is also the main cause for why wrestle punches often do 0 damage when landed.

With regards to poison resist, that is a difficult issue to address. In order to increase the chance of landing poison you would have to tone down the resisting spells calculation. Unfortunately, this would affect all offensive spells. So while you may increase the chance of poison by making said adjustments, you would also be increasing the chance of taking larger amounts of spell damage which could significantly alter field fighting, or any form of Mage combat as we currently know it.

As for the flee from battle issue, it was recommended to have this feature implemented only for factions, guild wars, o/c, and to have it so that if you are associated with said parties you would be subject to the flee from battle rule in the event of any combat interaction. So even if you weren't the initial aggressor you would still be subject to the flee rule for the 30s timer which would force you to either kill your aggressor, or evade the attack(s) for the duration of the timer before fleeing. This feature would not affect anyone outside of factions, guild wars, or o/c. This is something I would like to see implemented, but that's just my personal opinion.

The topic of explosion pots was described to me as an issue that is metaphorically "opening Pandora's box." This is something I can understand, and is not a prevalent issue that necessarily needs altering. They are manageable as is.

Also, it was confirmed to me that in the scenario of the dueling arenas, under the 5x Mage selection, the only 5 skills that are calculated are: Margery, meditation, resist, wrestle, and eval int. Poisoning and/or tactics would not have any bearing on the duels.