What's the action like here?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by xXx, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

Well said.
    Animal Control likes this.
  2. Theodin

Yeah I completely agree man. It's just hard to believe anythings going to change with the main focus being 'how do we get others to stop playing via trolling while making it seem like we aren't completely ruining the game'. And I ain't pointing fingers, I'm assuming this is the main role in factions for everyone
    Artex likes this.
  3. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Did we scare this guy away yet? xXx not as bad as it sounds. I know Mes has some videos on you tube look at his signature for the links in green if you want to see how SL operates. I don't have any videos or I'd post a link.
  4. Theodin

I think at this point it's better being honest than pretending factions ain't complete garbage. This way they might be patient for change instead of playing one time and never to be seen or heard of again.

I at least told the guy that people do duel.. more action in a 5 minute duel than you'll get in months trolling factions
    Artex likes this.
  5. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

@xXx I apologize for some of these forum posters. It is true that factions is a cutthroat pvp system and not for the faint of heart. Some of the above posters are career losers and constantly being culled by this system.

It is an exciting and true UO pvp experience just like you would have in era. It rarely feels fair and you will need to be a survivor to succeed in it. There are many bitter people like these that constantly threaten to quit the system/server but continue to play anyways - because this is the best server there is.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

What Mes likes to call 'cutthroat' is using mechanics in an abusive fashion to take cheap wins, then call everyone else babies for not patting him on the back about it.
  7. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Case in point.

Can you guys all start a therapy group somewhere else instead of showing up here to tell people to not faction?
  8. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

And the SL PR machine trudges/rages on! Why did you have to turn this into an adolescent like bashing contest Mes? I was trying to be encouraging but yea what Theo said. Surprising how much stock you put into factions and your points as some great accomplishment in life lolz @ that.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I never said not to faction. Factions is actually some of the best/largest scale PvP I've ever seen on the shard outside of CTF. There's a lot of fun to be had, when you don't have to deal with people pulling pathetic shit instead of just fighting, win or lose.

In all honesty if you want to get into pvp here, you're doing yourself a disservice by not joining factions after finding some people to rally with in the various communication channels or in game.
    Artex likes this.
  10. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Zerging? I didn't hear you complaining when TB was storming SL base 13v6. Hypocrisy at its finest.
  11. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Oh, blaise.
    sometimes I don't know if you're just ignorant or forgetful or if you do these things on purpose.

We were quite kind to TB that time they tried to start up. Maybe you don't remember. It was the time that Hazy started the faction up, and we didn't loot (even though we would be looted when we died) we didn't zerg (we actually fought with lower numbers to the point of having people sit out of the fight) and we certainly didn't exploit any bugs.
    They still ended up resenting us. Whether you were a part of this or not, I can't remember. I do remember that we were trying quite hard to encourage TB and that it generally didn't work out.

The time I remember you being a part of TB was another TB revival, and it was marked by zerging on TB's part, dying looting on TB's part (not that I'm complaining, looting is a part of factions - I'm just pointing out that you're a hypocrite) and a huge mess of incivility.

I would like to point out though that typically, factions is on the rougher side of pvp and there's nothing wrong with no holds barred combat. Of course, you practiced this fully during your time in factions, you just like to come here and pretend like your shit doesn't stink.
    So I'll say it once again - as I've said dozens of times in the past - everyone does these things, including you. Get over it.
  12. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

After the exchanges I don't hate anybody on this shard. All good fun to me despite some of my comments (which are part of pvp banter in my book). I am glad that TT is on UOR everyone needs a villain right? Fighting you guys can be annoying at times but it's better than a push over opponent. I have no hard/angry feelings despite outward appearances. CoM does want to see PvP increase on UOR despite our posts of frustration at some of the tactics employed by SL (which are within the rule set). Anyways continue to blast away but how about we all chill a bit... anyways trolls have really thick skin. Post after post of bashing somebody is not civil nor respectable.
  13. Theodin

Translation: "bro you'd have no idea how pathetic we would be without hiding behind names and etc" or else others would have done it but no one has and no one wants to stoop to these extreme lows

Why alologize? He'll get more action fighting actual pvpers then you trolls. Da Fuq you apologizing for or is it for being such a troll?
  14. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

Why do you guys have to do this to every post from a new player. xXx get your characters going and come join Minax.
  15. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

*claps* Bravo gents.... Bravo
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Perhaps you could use that big brain of yours to not be so ignorant or forgetful of the multitude of times I've stated when I have been a part of zerging. Kane, don't be silly, zerging in base sieges is where it's at. I'm talking about field combat for the sake of field combat, where zerging is entirely unnecessary and only suits to end the fight sooner resulting in fewer actual fights.
    I almost never loot anything, let alone dry looting. The times when I have were specifically in payback but I'm sure it's hard to grasp that I actually take that into consideration. That said, I have looted and will loot again, understanding that it is well within the rules of the game.

What I won't do is the things that are clearly abuse of mechanics and have nothing to do with actual fighting in the game. When I feel the urge to follow suit because you guys got shady, I pull back and just stop giving you the "fights" you're asking for. I have no interest in taking part in a battle of mechanical abuse and exploitation like trapping guards in faction bases or joining alts to opposing factions to take their CL spot or release tames in their base during a siege.
  17. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

xXx asked and now he knows CoM SL TB perspectives. Haven't seen Minax around, have you guys been out grouped up?
  18. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

me and Hatecrime are trying to make a competitive team right now
    Theodin and Artex like this.
  19. Theodin

Lol
  20. Theodin