What's your favorite old school UO memory?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by lawn elder, Sep 22, 2019.

1. lawn elder

lawn elder Well-Known Member

My favorite new school UO memory happened last night: When I tamed a dragon for the first time in 15 years.
  2. Alvien

Alvien Well-Known Member

Definitely, refreshing old memories or maybe checking off a GM skill you never had before has been great. The community here is awesome too.
    Kiryana likes this.
  3. Jebus Bojangles

Jebus Bojangles Member
    UO:R Donor

I'm pretty sure I saw you run by me in Occlo with it.

Congrats!
  4. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Back during second age expansion, I died and lost a power weapon in a brawl. 2 years later, someone walks up and puts it in a trade window and gives it back saying: "Man, been trying to find you forever!"
    Murdoc82, Chafe, Ouroboros and 2 others like this.
  5. Vishakt

Vishakt Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Back in the "Dreadlord days" where UO was really brutal and there were no books or guides I was a super noob swordsman blacksmith that hung around Minoc a lot. Name was Boromir. Real original right? I was reading LOTR for the first time when I got UO. Anyway, some dude pk'd me when I was mining, dry looted me and talked no end of shit. I ressed and noticed on the way back that he had a small house right outside of Minoc. He was just sitting there presumably afk. So I hid on his porch an observed. For 45 minutes he logged on other chars, training some a captured orc. I stood there watching like a crazy person. Finally he logged on the toon that killed me and opened the door. I rushed in past him, and as much as you can see confusion in a motionless toon it was there. No ban command at that point either. He had to rush back in. I killed him and 2 alts and his shitty orc too. For a moment I'd thought I'd stolen his house but I think that was where I learned about putting house keys on vendors. Anyway, I packed up all that shit and dispensed it to everyone at the Minoc bank. The Righteous Justice flowed through my veins. I was full of adrenaline and my sleeping wife in the other room couldn't have cared less. lol.
    Sloatastic, Murdoc82, Alvien and 4 others like this.
  6. Carrot Cake

Carrot Cake New Member

me: "come join our guild, newbie."

Noobs: "why is the gate red?"

me: "oh, that just means it leads to a guild house"

Noobs: "oh, ok."
    Kiryana likes this.
  7. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

One of my fondest memories was luring a friend of mine behind the alchemist shop in Vesper where there is a small strip of land that's outside guards protection. I'd bring him there under the context of giving him something special away from prying eyes, and then proceeded to kill him and take his shit. This happened twice, and there was much rejoicing ... for me anyway.

Also, countless memories of fighting the COP guild on Catskills with my red. They always went out hunting in invul / vanqs and loved to donate them from their corpses.
    NCCML likes this.