What's your Town? What's Not?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Garavar, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Player X

Player X Well-Known Member

Britain. Always the focal point of my nostalgic memories.

T2A sucks. They could close all T2A access points and I wouldn’t even notice.
  2. fooka03

fooka03 Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

All Moonglow all the time. Nothing stronger than a headless as a random spawn, pretty much every house on the island is a reasonable run to town with the teleporter system, great access to reg shops, T2A.
  3. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

1. Moonglow (even though I don't use it often as of late, nothing beats it on charm or nostalgia)
    2. Vesper (probably my most visited town)
    3. Jhelom (used to frequent a lot on OSI days when training in the pit)
    4. Trinsic (roof of the bank where it's quiet is priceless)
    5. Cove (cute little village with great music)
    6. Skara Brae (practical with stalbes next to bank)
    7. Ocllo (good vibes, great music)
    8. Yew (got a soft spot for this place: on Europa Yew gate was a pvp hot spot. Music is eerie too)
    9. Serpent's Hold (decent)
    10. Minoc (great for mining)
    11. Magincia (not bad)
    12. Bucc's Den (always keeps you on your toes)
    13. Nujel'm (nothing special for me)
    14. Delucia (well i'm not gonna go out of my way to get here, only if i'm farming in the lost lands so that's why it's low)
    15. Papua (as above)
    16. Wind (it's like farming first, then banking... impractical)
  4. Dash

Dash Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Yew is the best. Trinsic and Magincia make my eyes bleed.
    r3ckon3r likes this.
  5. StarTrakZack

StarTrakZack Well-Known Member

Vesper is home, mostly because my Vendor is just across the bridge and I love having two reg shops adjacent to the bank. But Moonglow is a close second for stables and moongate close to town. I absolutely HATE both Trinsic and Occlo and the other towns I don’t visit unless I’m meeting someone for a trade.
    Ouroboros likes this.
  6. Billy Hargrove

Billy Hargrove Active Member

I'm waiting for someone to show their toon that's never left the Event Center... and never will. For sure only one of Sea C's calibre could pull it off.
  7. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

Trinsic is my preferred town, although i am starting to adopt Moonglow. The music in Trinsic is my jam. I had a Keep near trinsic on OSI, is probably why my attachement lies there.
  8. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Magincia is beautiful
  9. Tabby

Tabby Well-Known Member

No you are beautiful.
    On topic, I always felt like the bigger cities simply never gotten the amount of traffic they deserve. Cove could be pack full of fun real quick, but is not being used due to a lack of Orc invasions and a lack of mage shop, among other things. The custom stable adds to the touch though. Ive always loved cities with a lot of interaction between both players and mobs. Cove is small enough to set up a local crafter like a blacksmith and be in reach of the bank, while having random Orcs attack the city walls will give it just that extra edge to team up and enjoy a bash. IIRC this was often the case, back in the days, at Delucia, T2A.

Serpent Holds is just another one of those examples. A great lay out overall, kick ass themed and a true buccaneer vibe to it (I like it so much more than Bucs). Yet no players and nothing that brings you to the island to be honest. I for one would vouch to increase the current dock into a merchant like warf and run more events from there: Fishing? Boat pvp? Ocassional attack of a kick as Kranen or Leviathan?). In short, adding just an extra touch to the current cities would promote them so much more and would, as a rather beneficial result, cluster and force interaction between the community in same locations much more <3. /rant
  10. Dash

Dash Active Member

You're both beautiful.
  11. Lestat

Lestat Active Member

Skara Brae all day