When Mind Blast will be fixed?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by dennozz, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Not speaking of you directly, but I have heard others talk era accuracy at one time, then how we don't try to be era accurate at another time.
    Can't have it both ways. Either era accuracy is a thing, or it's not.
  2. Cheapsuit

It all depends on how the "History Perfected" message is perceived.
  3. Minax

Minax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Anything to change the way pvp is now, just won't happen. Spell changes, pot delays, wands archery upgrades I highly doubt these thing will ever get any attention. But good read, I wish all the people who actually come up with great ideas to make playing here even more enjoyably and fun were on the developer staff,maybe our voices and opinions would get some attention.
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  4. Cheapsuit

IMO the devs don't spend too much time on pvp changes, simply because there isn't enough pvp to warrant changes.
    I'm thinking that if there's more pvp actually going on, then the pvp voices will start to be heard.
  5. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

This is 100% false. Not sure where some of these ideas come from.
  6. La croix

La croix New Member

It takes a lot more skill to play a quality PVP mage. Mages need 35 dex to utilize disarm or stunpunch so why should a dexxer be able to have 100/100/25? that would make it an unfair advantage for a easily played template. just my Opinion. why don't you make a Dexxer with 90/90/45 and utilize Mindblast on your FOES along with a fast weapon?
  7. Mandevu

Because mindblast also requires eval in combination with unbalanced stats
    a white zombie and Cheapsuit like this.
  8. dabrixmgp

dabrixmgp Member

Are monsters supposed to cast MB? Seems like i get hit by a MB at least every other fight and 2 or even 3 per fight isnt that rare. If this is supposed to be a PvP oriented spell please remove it from monsters.
  9. Mandevu

What exactly is a “pvp oriented spell?” Is energy bolt not a pvp spell? What about explosion? Poison, paralyze, flame strike, weaken, etc.? Should we remove all of those from MOBs repertoire of spell choice? This makes zero sense.
    Rextacy, Deacon and RIN like this.
  10. Mandevu

I do think the damage cap on mind blast should be lowered from 40 to 35 or 30. Regardless of a persons stats 40 dmg is a bit extreme for a 5th circle spell that costs 15 mana to cast.
    Theodin and Cheapsuit like this.
  11. Cheapsuit

I do 40 dmg to myself and I have 100 int...so dexxers have no chance. It's retarded.
  12. Mandevu

Dexxers with balanced stats are okay. You need to balance your stats. Also, if you're playing a mage in the field, and you see your opponent cast mind blast, just drink a greater agility potion and it will significantly reduce the damage you take, since dex is your lowest stat as a mage.
  13. La croix

La croix New Member

Mindblast does not require eval.
  14. La croix

La croix New Member

mindblast does not require eval.
  15. Eugen

Eugen Active Member

Blasting myself with balanced stats on test:

eval : 22 - 11

no eval: 12 - 6

Sources like uoguide cannot be trusted for freeshards.
  16. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

I was going to say... if Eval didn't boost MB's damage, and you could get the max 40 on an unbalanced target with Magery alone, a precasting mage dexxer would be OP.
  17. Cheapsuit

Define opinion. Since neither of us is a dev, we simply don't know what's going on inside the heads of another person, so there is no true or false answer here.
    But we can have an "opinion", and that's all it will be.
  18. Mandevu

Sure, if you want half the potential damage. If you want max damage mind blast you absolutely need it.
  19. Mandevu

No, it’s not my opinion. If you’re relatively new here, that would explain why it’s an opinion to you, but something entirely different for me. This takes me to another thread where I mentioned people speaking about things with such certainty when in reality they are ignorant of the truth. For example, you and La Croix.
  20. Mandevu

Just for future reference, if I chime in about pvp mechanics, or advice on something, take it. I’m not trying to be a dick or boast about anything, but I don’t like misinformation, especially with a subject that I spend, and have spent, the vast majority of my time engaging in. I have been here since this server first started in beta, and the dev who coded 90+% of the pvp mechanics was my best friend in UO, and teammate going back 15 years. So if I give advice on how something works, or why something is the way it is, it’s because I want to help you, and there might be a good reason I say some of what I do. So when la croix says you don’t need eval for mind blast, he’s giving someone false information. Unless they want to blow 15 mana on a dexxer and do shit for damage. And when I say that your assessment of the staffs lack of interest in pvp changes is due to a lack of pvp, you’re wrong, and it’s because I’ve known Chris since before this server was ever a thought, and I’ve had many conversations over the years about the subject, and I have a pretty damn good idea what his motives are regarding pvp, and his desire to very carefully approach anything pvp related due to his desire to make the best choice in protecting the playerbase, and not enable changes that might hurt the growth and development of the server.
    Ahirman likes this.