When Mind Blast will be fixed?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by dennozz, Aug 2, 2017.

1. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

It seems to "work" in the way I described. Absorbs incoming damage by reflecting 1 damage back to the attacker and keeps the caster from being interrupted. With inscription, I could see a dexxer here having very little chance to land any significant damage.
    Cheapsuit and One like this.
  2. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Have to keep mages all powerful, ya know?
    Imbol likes this.
  3. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

All hail mages.
    Imbol, Pax Romain and Cheapsuit like this.
  4. SativaGreen

Mindblast damage is not calculated by Eval. With 0 Eval, you can hit someone with unbalanced stats for the dmg cap.

But mindblast always worked this way PreAOS.

In UOR, pure dexxers were always at disadvantage. A balanced template like including magery into a dexxer goes a long way.

Warriors used to carry the Poisoning skill to be able to do level 5 poison [not curable by pots] which helped deal with inexperienced mages.
  5. SativaGreen

To add to the Reactive Armor conservation, theres also the Protection spell which allows casting through interruption for a few spells or seconds. Its often used before casting a high level spell to ensure its uninterrupted.

Like Reactive Armor and Magic Reflect, Protection is boosted by the Inscription skill.
  6. Knightmare

Knightmare Member

Mind Blast is supposed to hurt if u don't have the right stats. and that is era accurate
  7. Anarchy

Anarchy Active Member

I do not do any PvP here (still) but I remember the old times.
    I do not see any reason to change mind blast!

My experiences from old times:
    1) You can't die 1v1 in the field (pots! - even greater healing wands and so on here!)
    2) In a duel setup, any char with 100 100 (dex/int/str) is unreasonable! Because of mindblast! And in a duel setting a dexxer with 100 100 stats would be most times just be overpowered because of spell interuption - so any 1v1 with 100 100 stats a dexxer would maybe just win by luck.
    3) however, in a duel setup (pure) dexxer vs mage is no fun anyway - with or without mindblast - the only mage skillset that could compare with a dexxer is healing and/or parry mage (thats why I had my healing+parry mage)
    4) In the field, mind blast is the only good finishing spell - if previously debuffed the opponent. NEVER bless yourself, because that makes mindblast kill you ;)

Just adjust your stats! How, thats your choice.
    100 100 was always a PvE setup.

I think mind blast like it is is fine, and gives PvP a deeper experience - and mostly the only chance to finish your opponent 1v1 before he can run out of screen (without healing wands at least... like said, usually you cant die 1v1 in the field but by a mistake you did)

Btw: If its true, that "Reactive Armor" protects agains spell interuption, this is a serious error and should be fixed immediatly. But the problem is not mind blast.
    Rextacy likes this.
  8. Bluecrush

Bluecrush Active Member

Im against changing mindblast. You need something like this or you just end up with 100 25 100 stat char. This is renaissance and not t2a. Least now you have to think about your stats. I played all threw t2a and it wasnt even something that was on my mind. Honestly i like it.
  9. Everlast

Everlast Well-Known Member

I've never heard of reactive armor stopping spell interruption in any era, in any circumstance, on any server. Can anyone confirm this?
  10. Cheapsuit

I think it's a tight kept secret, or so it was suppose to be. I wouldn't hold my breath for any confirmation if I were you. But for the record, I'm not sure if the rumors are true or not.
  11. Imbol

Imbol Active Member

Hi!

I'm uncommitted to this debate (because I'm new), but I just wanted to point out that what you've said is not so much a counterargument as it is a repackaging of a binary.

In other words, the crux of your argument seems to be that Mind Blast prevents a 2x100/25 stat block... yet, 2x90/45 is standard with Mind Blast.

Just wanted to demonstrate the binary, as well as [what appears to be] the fact that Mind Blast -- just one spell -- seems to be limiting
    stat blocks to such a binary.
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  12. Knightmare

Knightmare Member

when will your stats be fixed ;)
  13. Bluecrush

Bluecrush Active Member

Whatever, you think to damn much and clearly dont understand. Even thou you try to use words to sound intelligent.
  14. Cheapsuit

If anything, there should be more spells that forces you to balance stats. We need to focus on non pvp templates not being able to recall.
    But, MB does just a tad bit too much damage, but it's not totally ridiculous or anything.
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  15. Knightmare

Knightmare Member

that's the way it was on OSI
  16. SativaGreen

Me either.

In UO:R, Reactive Armor spell would interrupt the casting mage every single time because it puts your defense at 0% and reflects incoming attacks to 1 damage to the caster. It would essentially interrupt a mage every time they were hit with it up. It was mostly used for running away from warriors and avoiding the kill strikes.

Here it's causing 0 damage, which gives mages a 1st level spell better than Protection. :eek: Allowing mages to dump without being interrupted for quite some time.

Especially effective when carrying Inscription skill, which boosts the amount of damage RA can absorb.

Total imbalance.
    But moats...