Where did you find us??

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Samorite, Apr 11, 2013.

Where did you find UO Renaissance ?

1. From a friend

23 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. Google or similar search

32 vote(s)
    48.5%
  3. Facebook

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Top 100 site link

5 vote(s)
    7.6%
  5. Forum thread

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Reddit

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Youtube

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

I was enticed to tstsnbn (the server that shall not be named) by an old OSI Chesapeake friend. I played there for about a year and there was some drama and issues occurring that I observed. I learned about UO:R from those incidents and started a character here during the last week of beta. Since then I've met a slew of wonderful people, too many to list, and have enjoyed being a part of the UO:R community. I help others in game when I can and the server where I can...

My old OSI friend finally transitioned over to UO:R and of course I helped him get started but we hardly play together (RL responsibilities and availability). Anyways... I could go on and on about my experiences here but they mostly have been great! Long Live UO:R!!! Thank you @Chris
    One and Rextacy like this.
  2. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I was in a year or two into activity on tstsbn and stumbled across UOR on one of the top### sites. After an hour or so I saw @Cullinarn was excited to see familiar faces. He was the first person to chat/friend on tstsbn and that set up good vibes for me. Soon after I met up with @crazydaze and @Lightshade and all history from there :)
    Lightshade, Leopold and Outlaw like this.
  3. Outlaw

Outlaw Active Member

Me and my little brother were running around on (tstsnbn) and all of a sudden we started talking about old school uo. He didn’t get to really experience the era due to his age and all. So we google best free old school ultima online shard and found UOR. Best dececison to leave the other 100%. Thanks UOR! Getting people hooked on UO “again” :D
    Was also able to convince my dad and older bro to play here as well!
    Leopold, Zyler and Valrick like this.
  4. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

I came back to to OSI for 2 weeks, just couldn't get myself to kill more stupid ninjas or bearing the thought of going through fairy heaven of despise again . So I googled free shards and found this baby here.
    Rextacy, Leopold and Valrick like this.
  5. Valrick

Whaaa? No gargoyle alchemists with paladin books!?
  6. merlin8666

was so utterly ridiculous, it might have been something like that. Point is, i didnt recognise UO at all anymore
    PaddyOBrien and Valrick like this.
  7. Valrick

ya dude it's a wicked weird world there nowadays. I gave it around 7 hours and couldn't stand it. But with a credit card, you can be pro in like 30 days! :D
  8. merlin8666

Pay to play... the single biggest differentiator of this shard. Stepping stones are equal for everyone, no matter their credit card. I think I'll just Google UO a few times and deliberately click UOR link to bring up ratings even more
    Althorn and Valrick like this.
  9. Mad Hatcher

Mad Hatcher Well-Known Member

I was playing on UOSA in Bixby Legbones guild, UO. He came to UOR and was here for a few months then asked the rest of us to come over and about 6 of us did.
    Rextacy, Valrick and One like this.
  10. Mad Hatcher

Are you the person that used to deco houses on UOSA?
    Valrick likes this.
  11. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

I chose "From a friend" but what it really was was someone PMing me about this server while I was playing on another server. Came over to check it out. Loved it, stayed.
    Rextacy, One, Leopold and 1 other person like this.
  12. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member

I did a few there, they're in the celebrating house decor thread over there.

All my own though. I've only done it as a job once and that was because it was cA who asked and it's good to say yes to cA. Otherwise I just don't have the time.
    Valrick likes this.
  13. Mad Hatcher

I remember you. Think you were going to help a buddy of mine build a fish tank in his castle. the one with the US
    A flag on roof.
    Valrick likes this.
  14. ham

ham Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Seems like a bunch of us were looking for nostalgia and went for Google!
    Valrick, OptimisticSam and Rextacy like this.
  15. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

I was on Voldeshard for a few months and then saw a bunch of people trashing Blaise for advertising another server. After researching, it turned out to be UOR. One week when the Mrs. was out of town, I decided to challenge myself to see how fast I could get a house here, and then would go back to Volde... Five years later, I never ended up going back.

UOR!
    Lord Krake, Vandalin, One and 5 others like this.
  16. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member

I wanna say I found this through google which lead me to a reddit thread, ppl debated between here and UOforever or hybrid or some bullshit. Luckily I picked here saved myself a bunch of time.

UOR is the best renaissance server and best UO sever period lol. People complain a lot but truly fail to realize how great it is here. The Pvm events are great, the staff is very involved. I never imagined people running their own servers, enabling me to play the old UO which is why I had really no interest in looking to play the past like 15 years lol. To be honest I think was just looking up screenshots and seeing what UO had become, seeking nostalgia. So to find that I could play the old game i loved, with a nice population... it was such a lucky find on my part.

I think the deal breaker for me was someone mentioning it’s not pay to win, & real money literally has no influence over being good at the game or really anything in the game to be honest. This made the small effort of investing time in trying It out seem a win/win.

I’ve been caught up in real life trying to buy a house so my budget has been really tight or I would be a monthly subscriber, cheers to those who are. You guys are just as important as staff imo! I will be one soon enough after I get my real life 7x7 house lol

Long live UOR
    Basoosh, One, ReZon and 6 others like this.