Where is everyone hanging out?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Myg, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Yeah that detective, he's a trip lol. I think there should be a statue of limitation on perma flag. He caught me when I was being good and trying to bank my hard earned loot. Literally, the loot wasn't stolen, but somehow I was perma grey.
  2. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

And this is exactly why I utilise his services!

After a good steal I go and give him a tickle and we play kiss chase and I challenge myself to a game of "how close to the healers can I get" before he finally lays a kiss of death on me.
    Merek Tybalt likes this.
  3. Merek Tybalt

Merek Tybalt Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I hear there is a pretty active community of people to "interact" with at the blood elemental farming site
  4. Merek Tybalt

Merek Tybalt Well-Known Member

Haha I do enjoy that guy's gimmick.
  5. Khar'Mash

Khar'Mash Member

One of the places I've most consistently seen people is in the Ocllo dungeon. It's quite complex so it's easy to miss that there are things down there actually worth hunting, but I don't think I've been down there a single time without seeing young players fighting something.

I killed earth elementals in shame 1 for a day or two until I hit GM weapon skill and only met one player. It seems to me that everyone has their favorite town/bank that they use by default on all servers unless they have a specific reason to do othewise. I don't think I went to Ocllo here until my third day or so and I did run into other newbies in brit and saw plenty of people running past the healer as I spent my first hour or two checking out her ass - I mean practicing my snooping on her.

Good farming spots usually have other people besides yourself, which makes the server seem more populated if you don't want them there. It's win/win, really. :)
  6. ham

ham Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Follow the money. Where there is gold to be made, there are other players. ie. I see people all the time in the dungeons.

Check the "Popular Farming Spots" runebook at the Ocollo rune library next to the bank.

I've made a couple friends at the Jhelom pits when making my tamer, and I've met other friends through the player events that go on like Zyler's fishing events.

Now that I started making some money, I've also started to meet people by donating to events.

They are out there!!
    Majinko and wylwrk like this.
  7. Majinko

Majinko Active Member

Felucca is too large for this server population to have multiple centers of interaction like you saw on OSI and with IRC, the need to interact with people in game like 20 years ago is significantly reduced. You can divide the number of players on by 2.25 and get a pretty decent count of the number of people playing at one time.

If your goal is to chat with other players in game, you're gonna have to stalk them, go to the Ocllo bank, or move back to a production server and go... *Insert Malory Archer "Name a place!" gif*.
    It's the Fel ruleset- folks aren't gonna be hanging out en masse with people they don't know chatting them up outside of town, that's how you get killed or looted, especially since a large portion of the population are OSI and Renaissance era vets. You can't make money chatting with people. If you've got 100 people at a dungeon, 99 of them aren't making money so they might as well sit safely at the bank or hidden in their homes.