where ot use gargoyle shovels?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Willy, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

I go into caves and they dont seem to work....does it always spawn a golem or is it like pickaxes where is there is only chance?
    or is there specific caves that i need to be in
  2. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

Gargoyle shovels should produce a golem of that shovel type, have found it's not always 100% but make sure there is ore to be dug there and it should dig one up for you.
  3. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Have to be in a cave right? Will it work in any cave?
  4. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yes, it has to be a cave. It will work in any cave but it has to be a real cave. You can usually tell by the screen going darker. If you want to be sure you can look it up on the forums or just bring an iron garg shovel (I say iron because they are the least valuable and most common) with you and try it. If it is not a viable cave you will get a message along the lines of "that shovel cannot be used here"; but it still uses a charge.
    One likes this.
  5. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Ok bc i went into a cave and used one, didnt get a golem....i was under the impression the shovels were 100% as opposed to a pickax which is not....so i guess shovels arent 100% is that correct?
  6. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

Mining - New Item
    • Created a new item - the gargoyle's shovel.
    • This item will come in 9 varieties (Iron, Dull Copper, Copper, Shadow Iron, Bronze, Gold, Agapite, Verite, and Valorite)
    • When used in a similar fashion as a gargoyles pickaxes players can unearth ore golems.
    • These items spawn with 5-7 uses as a reward when turning in low level blacksmithing bulk order deeds.
    • These items will spawn with the same color changes as bulk order deeds.
      So you have the same chance of getting a copper shovel as you would getting a copper bulk order deed.
    • These shovels will provide a targeted alternative to fill the need for ingots of various colors.
      These shovels can only be used in caves around the world. This will eventually be expanded to dungeon regions as well.
      Trying to use the shovel in an area where you cannot find an elemental will result in a message indicating as much.
    • Each use of a shovel has a 20% chance to produce no golem, a 20% chance to produce 2 golems, and a 60% chance to produce one.
    • The final use of each shovel, when used in a cave will always produce a ore golem lord.
    • Sturdy shovels have been assigned a new color to help differentiate them from the new gargoyles shovels.
    Caves
    • To support the new items available below the caves of Britian have been zoned to allow the use of the new shovels.
    • Players will no longer be able to recall directly into the caves due to the additional danger of these areas.
    • Each cave will have a rare chance to spawn a ore golem or ore golem lord.
    • Players will know they are in a cave in which the gargoyle's shovel will work because the cave will become darker and a system message will indicate they have entered the cave.
    • The system messages will be removed as players become familiar with the new items.
    • Every cave in the world will have easy access to a forge and anvil.

Got these from patch notes http://uorforum.com/threads/patch-55-july-8th-2014-mining-update-misc-fixes.5790/

BrecMadak, One and wylwrk like this.