Which skills should I turn down to stop fizzle recalling?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Pekka, Jul 3, 2017.

1. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Lord Krake likes this.
  2. Crunk Juice

Crunk Juice Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Not to be rude but It's 60 and 80 to rez
    Cherie likes this.
  3. Crunk Juice

Crunk Juice Well-Known Member

So here is the deal...I have a same build as yours and my guy has 0 Margery because I'm not in that big of a hurry to recall out. Sometimes it's once from my blessed rune book and sometimes it's 8-10 times. If you need to escape quickly your battle mining in the wrong spot. Find a spot in town and no one will mess with you.
  4. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Crunk Juice likes this.
  5. BabyGerald

BabyGerald Member

Do you need gm mining?
  6. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member

^ basically this.

If this is a one-in-all char though...

id do this:
    - Drop Resist by 10 pts (90 is completely fine)
    - Drop Tactics by 10 pts (use a +10 weapon to reach 100 at least)

20 Magery.. and use recall scrolls (you can also use magic reflect scrolls like that, but they will fizzle a ton - wont get used up though!)
    fooka03 and One like this.
  7. Cherie

Cherie Active Member

lol i was stoned
    Crunk Juice and Orion GM BD like this.
  8. Orion GM BD

Orion GM BD Well-Known Member

I resolved this by just using an alt to gate out of whatever location.
    Either having the alt hide near by or back out to a bank.
    One likes this.
  9. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

My gatherer has

Anatomy 95.0
    Healing 95.0
    Hiding 75.0
    Lumberjacking 100.0
    Magery 45.0
    Mining 100.0
    Swordsmanship 100.0
    Tactics 90.0
    Cherie and Lord Krake like this.
  10. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

Well @Lord Krake Knight is more of a RP title, as he is Knight Templar. From a RP point of view, he mine and chop trees to stay strong and healthy. But he was meant from the beginning to just be a battle miner, until Kizama announced Knight Templar [K'T] and I suddenly got more use of him. :)

He is used for PVP as well. RP PVP I should add, mainly against Orcs and Brigands, so Resisting Spells is a must.

The same char at shard Europa was very dark and belonged to a separate darker RP guild of Kha. :)

@Orion GM BD I did planned to gate him around, but it got tidious really and it is easy to forget the gater outdoors who will get knocked out by DrasticFantastic if he gets the chance. :)

I did drop tactics 10 points and will drop healing to 90 later. LJ is only 93 at the moment.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    One likes this.
  11. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

@Pekka
    I go with about 20 magery on my lumberjack (which gets me recalling 50/50 or better, which is enough) and keep healing and tactics both at 90. I find it works well. I've dropped resist on almost every character I've had it on.
  12. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

- what is the character used for? Is it specialized to one, maybe two tasks? Is it a general character you use daily for various things?
    - fizzle less? Are you how much less? Are you wanting to never fail or fizzle less. There's a difference.
    - the resisting spells is throwing me off... a battle miner doesn't have use for it which makes me think this is a general purpose character.
    - if you plan on lowering (not dropping) resist, the number you end up with is depends on what you're hunting with it. If it's a specific group of NPC's knowing what their avg magery skill can be taken into account. If the answer is "everything" then drop it to zero.
  13. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  14. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    One likes this.
  15. Orion GM BD

Orion GM BD Well-Known Member

@Pekka

I think it was when I stared building 3 fishermen that I got used to using the key strokes [alt-tab].
    Those keys allow you to switch between 2 chars very fast. I've used [alt-S] for hiding since OSI days, not to much
    [alt-Q] for [war mode]. So going to [alt-tab] was natural addition to a muscle memory I had developed.
    Used the same basic method to build 2 GM LJ's, using 3rd char to gate the logs back to drop house. It does
    get a bit tricky. Its best to stop any LJing macros while on the 3rd char to guard against the attended gump.

I also hover the mouse over the stack off windows in the tool bar while fishing, it will pop up all 3 chars in
    small windows and you can watch all 3 fish, see any gumps and when the monsters fish up.

Also if you hold [alt-tab] it will bring up every screen [window] open, then you can use mouse to jump to
    any char. If you already know this, please disregard. I'm not sure if everyone knows about that, so just
    wanted to inform, not offend.

Good luck
    Cheers!
  16. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

@wylwrk Well as I did mention above your answer or your questions is that I use him both for RP PVP against Brigands and Orcs as he is my Knight Templar and from a RP point of view, he do mining and tree cutting as excercise to keep him fit for fight. :) GM Resit is a must on this char. I could however make a new battle miner if needed but it was the plan for this char from the start, to use him for battlemining but when Kizama announced Knight Templar, I was hooked with the idea and joined this tone. :)
  17. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member