Why do people hoard empty housing?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Amph, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Por Corp Wis

Por Corp Wis Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

2ble post ignore
  2. Por Corp Wis

If you did I never recall seeing you even once. Hmmm maybe months ago I ran into someone that said they owned a house there must have been you....

Actually I also died on the roof once to PKs...theres a thread here somewhere discussing rooftop mechanics outlining the situation

Either way...to correct myself 99% of the time I never see anyone there so I consider it MY island!!!!!

:)
  3. Nomack

Nomack Member

I still firmly believe that the way it SHOULD be is normal decay rate for utilized housing, but when a house isn't being utilized actively it should have a shorter, much shorter decay rate.
  4. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Gl defining "utilized housing"

I still firmly believe that the way it should be is people worry about their own houses and not about what others own and do with theirs.
  5. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Especially when you can buy very good houses in the forum. I bet most people are also willing to sell when you ask for specific spots.
  6. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

I will always keep my first house from land rush =)
    fooka03 likes this.
  7. Por Corp Wis

This. ANY active player on this shard can EASILY obtain at least a large tower. Keeps/Forts/Lg Keeps/Multihouse compounds/etc are obtainable as well if you play actively and save towards it. These things come up for sale on the forums regularly enough.

There is a healthy active population here on UOR, but not overpopulation so that housing isnt available for each and every active person to feel comfortable with way more than enough space, lockdowns, and secured containers for whatever your needs might be.
    Gideon Jura likes this.
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

.... that and if you see a house you like pop on the trade forums/IRC and try to find the owner.

Often times enough, they can be coerced into selling... a few times, they've just given them to me :0
    Gideon Jura likes this.
  9. Erlkonig

Erlkonig Well-Known Member

My fort is empty until moats come out. Not going to move from a secure CY keep to a very compromised CY fort.
    wylwrk likes this.
  10. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo New Member

Judging by the amount of money in some people's banks I don't understand the profit motive for holding spots as an investment. It seems to me that the house will be worth in the future exactly what it's worth now considering inflation, money generated through events, and player interest.

Something about the idea that the player who actually wants to buy and use your keep/tower/castle hasn't joined the server yet, has just started months ago, or is farming to try and afford it just seems stupid.
    Alice Asteroid likes this.