With stained hands.

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Dun Scaith, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Dun Scaith

Dun Scaith Well-Known Member

The first night: Day 1.

Apprehended by the Knights of the Great Council..
    Damnation!
    With nothing but time left until the a trail begins... for what..? The deaths of a few innocents?

Their blood was required.. were these my thoughts?
    Old magic requires.. old reagents.. how can you call upon .. Jael.. without.. understanding what makes 'it' tick..
    Why call upon 'it'.. 'it' mocks us.. such discord..

At least that wretched cough has left me.. not coughing up 'the black' any more.. whatever that was..
    The sapphire essence has run its course... it snowed this evening here as well.. *shakes head* I should focus..

Will have to get to the bottom of this..
    perhaps looking through history will provide some clues..

Deceit The Crawl... . . . . . . .mages.. experiments.. ..
    Deceit Dungeon of Horrors..a terrible poison...
    Dark Magic Infection.. . . . . .interesting.. very interesting..
    Dimensional Travel.. . . . . . .maybe something to do with that shifting form..

*scribbles notes*
    [​IMG]
    At least this cell has decent access to a large store of books from the library..

Orbs of communication... Cabal vision? Seeing through the orbs of another?
    Perhaps the eyes of that wraith like figure that has been wandering the Spiritwood..
    It stole information from me once before.. I can only imagine what it does to its servant.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    newme, Zyler, Cero and 5 others like this.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Orbs or cabal vision... either way, I'm sure you're being overcharged.

I'm curious to learn what happens to this bad lieutenant.
    newme and Jupiter like this.
  3. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Although he is not quite sure what to make of this, the village historian has added this to the oral history of Paws.

MEMORIZED!​
    newme likes this.
  4. Dun Scaith

Day 2-3...

The pile of books has grown..
    it appears that a female knight Laurana had refreshed the stock as I lay there pretending to sleep..

Skara Brae vol 1 - 4..... ideologies of intellect and emotion..
    tales of a great cataclysm that broke the land.. creating the Spiritwood.
    life should not be wasted... foolishly..

A new plague is born... . . . an unfinished work.. there could be something here.. interesting..
    An experimental cure.. . . .a remedy that cured the wizard himself...? created within the 'Sanctuary'.. hmmm!... sounds like they have a laboratory..
    Arcane modernity.. . . . . . . not much here.. other than tales of necromancy sweeping through the city of Wind...

Blackrock observations.. . . . a shifting substance .. the book only made sense when read along side of 'dimensional travel' by Dryus.. perhaps a way to force one being out of the host..? if Jael is possessed..? Where does one even acquire blackrock..? a long shot at best.. forcing a demon out of a man and into a golem? ... could create something much worse.. let alone we lack the apparatus.. ... perhaps ethereal jaunts forced through moongates...? No matter.. matter? heh..

*sigh*.. *stares our the window slit*
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    newme, Alice Asteroid, Zyler and 3 others like this.
  5. Dun Scaith

Late day 3..

If I were to set up a detectives shop within the spirit wood.. thieves would come..
    Now with stained hands..
    [​IMG]
    I can't help but feel indirectly guilty..
    Being trapped in a cell unable to assist..
    [​IMG]
    Damnation..
    newme, Cero, Quenby and 1 other person like this.
  6. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

I am enjoying seeing what you take away from these books from the library. I will continue to bring more!
  7. Dun Scaith

hmmm... anything on blood... wisps... gemstones... demons.. possession.. bucthery.. memory.. dreams?

A book on memory.. that might be an interesting one to write..
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    newme likes this.
  8. Dun Scaith

Day 4-5..

I slipped out.. I don't think they noticed that I had left..
    I needed to acquire some observational knowledge on wisps..
    or, perhaps it was the rattle of that wizards cane combined with the soft voice of the healer..
    Mr Caember had arrived with a new cache of literature from the Grand library... excellent choices!
    I should refrain from the urge to bestow him the title of Mr Chamber pot.. he has been a more than fair warden.

[​IMG]
    A strange fellow came to the door and offered some turkey, for this I give thanks.
    The stack of books is growing.. were more clues on how to combat this evil plaguing the Spiritwood to be found..?

Slasher of the Veil.. . . .. . . A book on possession.. the demon hid the mans bones once he had taken him over.. forced him to kill his own brother..
    I dare say we are dealing with two demons however.. this Jael.. and Soth.. twice as many bones to find.. twice as difficult a task..

Biography of Garamon.. . .. . .Oh... this book is indeed good! Much like the prior book, but far more in depth.
    I think I may have found a way to deal with one of the issues plaguing the village... perhaps a way to trap the demon while we search for the remains..
    I should consult the wizard post haste..

The Stygian Abyss......... .. . . a story of tearing minds into madness.. this.. I can understand..
    much of my thoughts were.. . while coughing up the black.. perhaps I should pity Jael and Soth.. hatred only fuels them..
    and now with blood on my hands I see it should have been compassion.. hatred is not one of the virtues.. you cannot battle a demon with it..

Book of Amber Runes........... . a rune... yes... a rune may be required... wait.. whats all this?! A vast amount of incantations that can limit a life force..
    and much more.. .. what strange magic this is..
    (I think I may have to create a whole new character around this book)
    Book of Amber runes Vol II...... more strange incantations.. still very interesting.
    newme, Alice Asteroid, Cero and 2 others like this.
  9. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

You read these books faster than I can dig them up! I am glad you are enjoying and appreciating them, and hopefully they are yielding valuable clues and insights into the threat you wish to learn about.
    newme and Dun Scaith like this.
  10. Dun Scaith

A late night visitor..

"This isn't a conjugal visit is it?"
    [​IMG]
    "Indeed not"

Never know who you might run into.. sitting in a cell..
    At least there are plenty enough books here for the both of us..
    The perks of minimum security..
    newme and Zyler like this.
  11. Dun Scaith

Day 6-7..

Ahh more books.. and more visitors..
    This communication crystal is proving to be more trouble than what it is worth.

Quenby had arrived to search through the piles of books for the Qamrasutra.. fortunately it was well hidden under the bed.
    Unfortunately that demon Soth had shown up... killed poor Ginger, Quenby's horse.. Then harmed Quenby.. my hands being bound I could only muster the ability to heal him as casting spells of detriment take far too much concentration.

Any matter... let's take a look at some of these titles..

Talking to Wisps................. a few notes on word construction, though it leaves much to be desired.

Regarding Wisps........ .. .. Yes a most interesting book.. these beings seek information and trade it none the less.. but to whome..
    I don't fully trust these creatures any longer. Though... if we were to located a black wisp... perhaps we could... hmm! We should consult with "the dryad". i understand there is one in the realm that can speak with these .. creatures.

Guide to Fire Island.......... .. hmm the creation of golems... shrines... a good read.
    Vol2:...................................... the tree of life supplied energy... and hearts for these golems...
    may have to make a journey to this island.. and see what this is all about.. If the aperatus is still... operational.

Biography: Ariel.................... a continuation of the garamon tales...
    this makes me think i never should have sacrificed that pale young woman at the shrine of spirituality...

Regarding demons................. hmmm it appears even the avatar fails on occasion... yet... with it... knowledge is found... tales of three separate forms.. consisting of one true demon.. a demon split in three... *considers Jael, Soth and the pale young woman* ... interesting..
    Vol2........................................ the shattering of a ..... indeed.. most interesting... best I consult the wizard on this finding.
    newme likes this.
  12. Dun Scaith

Day 8-9..

More visitors.. and a healthy stack of new books...

Wait.. what's this?
    A tomb of spell weaving by Arasys Llanor.. ... seems to be disenchanted... nothing but what looks like elvish runic scrawl.
    nothing of use to me.. at least I could comprehend the Druidic texts... Not that I've seen any elves about mind you..
    Regardless.. wherever she is...

May the leaves of her life tree never turn brown...
    "Aa'lasser en llecoia orn n'omenta gurtha" .. as they say, if I remember correctly.. that is..

Hmm an a book of Orcish translations... by the post man?
    a dialect a little differing to that of which I've picked up on my journeys through the Spiritwood..

* Perhaps one of these translation books should be made for elvish..
    then again.. would there be any use in it with none about?
    (side note: I feel like a twit for remembering elvish phrases...)
    newme likes this.
  13. Dun Scaith

Day 10-11...

Haven't heard anything out of Quenby in some time.. My etchings of the lady Qamra must have made him sour.
    Poor lad, his love for her was so endearing.. almost miss hearing his calls to her through the crystal...

Ah well... more strange riders circle the cell... inspecting the door and those of the surrounding buildings..
    Not sure why they run when I open the door, I'm rather harmless.. and they have dreadful looking steeds..
    Back to the pages of these dusty old works I suppose..

Discovery of the Tomb........... oh a most interesting find indeed... may have to look into information that about Foreman and whatever business he had running...
    Vol II ...................................... a very good read.. worth a trip to the library.. perhaps not worth a trip to this damned cell... but a good tale none the less
    Journal of Grimmoch.............. another part of this tale..

Treatise in Alchemy................ an unfinished work... very descriptive, in fact a few words of mockery may have been picked up via this text.
    "...Hark! you there... yes the one with the unsightly blemished pallor skin!" *laughs out the cell window*

I've been staring at that Orcish translation book for sometime...
    Decided to place all the knowledge I've picked up throughout my travels to create two volumes on elvish translations..
    [​IMG]
    Why wait for someone to do it?

These books are piling up...
    *Tosses chamber pot out the window*
    Zyler and Ragar like this.
  14. Dun Scaith

Day 12..

Finally... The last stack of books..

The mother of all verses it seems.. an eight book saga, the 'Memoirs of Cabirus'.
    Probably the most interesting read yet as it covers many topics... funny enough I had chosen a new path before diving into these books.
    Though it happens to resemble that of Baron Almric.
    If you can get your hands on this series it is worth a little sit down.

It seems as though I am free to travel back into the city..
    I may still be weary of the kings guards..

My hands are finally clean of this mess.. so I hope..
    A hefty price I may have to pay Mr Caember for allowing me such access to many works from the library.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do visit the library once it is up and running again folks.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alternatively if you're in a shit mood, read a book.

[​IMG]

Or go on a killing spree..? Whatever puts a smile on your face.
    I wonder if I can pay Alex with book donations...

----------
    Also... never try to murder your way out of the thieves guild. It works as intended.
    eherruh, Zyler and wylwrk like this.