Without the influences of Trammel: A Discussion about Risk within UO:R

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Plankton, Aug 3, 2015.

1. napo

napo Well-Known Member

don't take the bait
    just look at the crazy person and avoid him
  2. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

Wait, you're the guy that plans on telling Telamon to delete your accounts once you run out of characters that can be [young] then just making new accounts to continue abusing the young system.

Also the part highlighted in red there, is just simply not true. You wouldn't do that because you're too scared of losing them, but I use high end slayers outside trammel instances and I know others do as well.
  3. Horatio

Horatio Active Member

Don't worry about it mate.

Ive nearly finished a tamer so I can have blessed weps to go out into the real world.

For all my slayer needs ill use young chars, and theres nothing you can do.
  4. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

The real question is, why are we allowed 3 accounts instead of one, almost everything wrong with a free shard stems from this one factor.
    There is literally no meaningful reason for 3 accounts and 15 characters,only negatives, triple BoDing, triple champ/platinum farming, triple fishing, ghosting, triple recall mining/lumberjacking, 15 house hoarding, triple factioning, pvp here alone would be entirely different if you couldnt immediately recall back into fights 2 times like the vaginas you are.

I would gladly pick 5 characters.

On top of all that you got the little shitheads that say their "girlfriend" plays, or their kids play, and get anywhere from 3-9 more accounts to destroy the economy with. Almost everyone who does this, is either bod collecting, or welfare platinum farming go figure. I have caught a good handful of people doing this and was confirmed... one even on their second offense and they still play here. You can not hide from me, you cannot outsmart me, EXPECT ME!
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  5. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Oh Russell I agree wholeheartedly. It would solve so many problems. As best I can tell it's like the freeshards are competing for the perception of a populated server by letting people log into more accounts at once.
  6. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

It's not like you're forced to play 15 characters.

I play with 3.
  7. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

Ya Mes, I never understood why shards started doing this, the game was never intended for people to be playing more than one account which is why this fucks every aspect of the game up.

you could even have a single account rule with more character slots, that should be the freeshard standard, not a bunch of accounts you can have all logged in at once.

what makes me sad is knowing this is the fix the shard needs, but at this point the amount of work it would be to implement it without the heart monitor flat lining would be overwhelming, not only the massive hours to let people pick 5/7 characters and then put them on a single account, but everyone bitching and whining about it.

So yes, this is basically why the entire game is fucked, it will never be fixed, try to have fun playing the game, about all you can do.

...my lord I cant even remember the last time I killed someone and actually got to loot their body without them showing back up within 20 seconds on another account.

the other thing I cant stand is the faction system, which was designed and implemented for high population servers, 4 factions were not designed for 20 active factioners, which is why you have 13-15 in SL, 7 ish in CoM, 0 in TB, and 2 in Minax. This server is 3 years old and we seem to hover in and around 500-550 accounts/ips or whatever the fuck users online actually is. It is pretty apparent this shard will never... ever peak above 750 just do to age of the game and the people our age who have time/means to play it. So having the standard 4x factions active on this shard is why we have ended up with lop sided, faction handholding, dumb pvp. The only benefit at all to factions is that blessed weapon, which is the only reason half you sissies even have the courage to turn that armored hand on your screen red and click on someone.

...the truth and nothing but the truth so help me god, ahmen.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  8. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

I would love it if they limited us 1 account per IP.

And the pro-Trammel guy made a very good point. The Young system is too easily abused. It's sickening to see Lord Young players with +25 vanq weapons sitting AFK at the bank.
    Blaise, One, PaddyOBrien and 2 others like this.
  9. Geo

Geo Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Yeah I wish we could only have 1 account per IP. Another nice thing would be housing slots. Like you have enough slots per IP for a large house, a small house and a medium house. As it stands not only are all the big house spots taken by people who have multiple across 3 accounts, but all the good locations are taken as well because people can have 15 houses and the people who got here first have a wildly disproportionate advantage.

The young player system is abused too.
  10. Kermit

Kermit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Well u could set up a system where your pet need regs to cast spells!
    I mean u can charge ur dragon with 1000 black pearls and he use 10/cast.
    If he die, the regs will be on his corpse!

no idea how hard to implement this!
    One and newme like this.
  11. mafghine

mafghine Active Member

I will step up to the plate.

I do play 3 accounts because why not.

This morning, right now, I will make a decision on which of the 3 accounts i will continue with. I have gm tamer/large bridged tower on one, gm fisher/thief on other and my main dwarf gm miner/smith/fortress owner. Not counting which has the gm dexer, my pure no macro naturalist, the mage...ect..ect

I have been meaning to do this for a long time. I even play with no light filter and use night sight......I will drink this coffee and decide.

EDIT, I have decided to keep the dwarf account. Which means the tamer is gone. I will be at the SB bank/stables free W@W/drags/mares till gone.

EDIT, enjoy the mares/ww/drags ZEN.
    El Horno, Alice Asteroid and Nymeros like this.
  12. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

Ossy tank :)

-------------

+1 for one account or even one account logged in, even though it is a pipe dream
    Jupiter likes this.
  13. Nymeros

Ossy tank is not a dexxer though, it's a light-tamer at best.

A dexxer is someone who mainly uses dexterity for fighting, which means weapons. An ossy tank uses ostards to tank and fight, whiel him doing a bit of damage himself.
  14. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

What about a peace dexer? You can go out in all GM crafted items and do just fine
  15. Nymeros

You can do just fine with just GM equipment, but against best of best mobs, you will have difficulty solo.

A gm crafted instrument does have 10% failure chance on dragons I think, and very little success chance on shadow wyrms.

I'd say the maximum a peace-dexxer can go using GM instruments (with discordance added) is a shadow wyrm. Anything above that will be impossible to solo.

Personally, I don't think bards are overpowered in any way, if they have right equipment (subject to loss upon death or even thieves Hello @BlackEye ), they can farm very good. If they don't their quality of farming decreases but so does the items they lose.
  16. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

You do not need any taming to use a forest ostard. If you think a character with 0 taming is a tamer then I don't know what to tell you.
  17. Nymeros

Bogugh, my understanding was Ossy Tanks use Frenzied Ostard, not Forest.

Also, I said "a light tamer at best". Which is obviously different than "a tamer".

Even if they don't have animal taming, they use animal lore and veterinary to tank NPC's which makes them different than your average dexxer.
  18. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree with PFR on this. The young program is excellent for legitimately new to UO players, and even returning vets to get their bearings back from being out of the game so long, sometimes over a decade. However, if you are good enough at the game to obtain Lord status or already 7xgm, time to automatically boot that character and even the account out of young status.
    Jupiter, Plankton and Pork Fried Rice like this.
  19. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

We starting talking about tamer death penalties, then onto tamer nerfs, then arguments over the Trammelization of the shard, and finally onto triple accounts. This thread has successfully derailed and entered an alternate dimension, as these discussions always seem to do.
    Jupiter likes this.
  20. Nymeros

On to the next one then!

Joking aside, I am in the process of changing Nymeros into a tamer-dexxer with magery to understand how it feels like to ride the train. Also it was in the character story a bit.

I will see how my gameplay changes and log how easier or harder it becomes for me. Although training from 0 taming is a gruesome endeavour (any help greatly appreciated that doesn't involve me afk macroing).
    El Horno likes this.