Without the influences of Trammel: A Discussion about Risk within UO:R

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Plankton, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Swizzlesticks

Swizzlesticks Active Member

I think I follow what you are saying now Plankton, you don't have to feed them additional peculiar meat if they have been bonded and then transferred so you basically hold onto them for a day and can bond them, assuming you have a free bonding slot.
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The don't require any more peculiar meat to re-bond, or something like that. Just feed it once, with anything it eats and blammo, insta-trammo.
  3. TheBreadman

TheBreadman Member

Was half way through writing a very similar post to yours plankton, right now there is ZERO true risks for a tamer. Every risk that was added to balance tamers power has been removed or modified to have zero effect.

Right now there is no point heading out into dungeon solo, unless you are a tamer or a bard. No where have I played before has this been the case, each of the 4 main fighting characters (bard,mage,tamer,dexer) were all viable to use solo hunting to a good standard. A I don't consider using 200-400k weapon to hunt with viable.
    Pork Fried Rice likes this.
  4. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Would you consider a 10k weapon to be viable? Why does everyone insist that dexxers NEED top level slayers to make good money. A basic slayer still crushes mobs and are extremely plentiful and run about 10k per. Seems pretty viable.
    Basoosh likes this.
  5. 1-1=0

1-1=0 Active Member

I will state my opinion that the relative gold generation and damage against mobs of the classes is absolutely not the relevant avenue of discussion.

Tamers, with their dragons SHOULD be crushing mobs. The thing that balances the equation is that when their pet dies, and they fail to veterinary raise it in time, that pet is gone forever. Then boom, risk = reward.
    Alice Asteroid and One like this.