World Save Frequency

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by wylwrk, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Someone say CUB?
    upload_2016-10-7_18-57-10.png
    One and PaddyOBrien like this.
  2. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Speaking of which... do people actually buy bags of cub shit?

Selling bags o' cub shit, 1 plat each you pay now!
    Christoph Brock and Genocide like this.
  3. Genocide

Genocide Active Member

So I told you all about amfekk and Cynic called himself out. I'm sure you can start to piece together who else is hording all this shit, bogging down the server.

I hope Telamon says "nevermind" and deletes all that shit just to spite everyone.
  4. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

honestly, as world saves affect us all, i think the goal and reward should be more of a group effort.

goal of current world item count: 10,000,000

if world item count is
    8,000,000 after CUB we all get X
    6,000,000 after CUB we all get X
    and so on.

individualizing the rewards for this is what makes it a self defeating system.

tying this to a group reward goal helps us help each other. Friends don't let friends hoard.

ideas for group rewards IF target item counts are met:
    each player account that logs in gets one +5 item lock down deed

1 New Staff decorated NPC location (utilizing unused town buildings)

if you wanted to make a leader board still, great, but if item count is 10 million at start and only 10 million at end, then no rewards.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

For every X value/amount of items "cleaned up", welfare platinum rate increases by 1 for say, 30 days. :p
    Jupiter and PaddyOBrien like this.
  6. Christoph Brock

Christoph Brock Well-Known Member

LOL

On that note, I've got about 300 orc masks I'm not doing anything with right now. 50 for 5k or 100 for 7.5k. Seriously!
    PaddyOBrien and One like this.
  7. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  8. napo

napo Well-Known Member

clean up britannia is pretty much the most ironic thing ever
  9. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

By the time it actually comes out, the server will have grinded to a halt under the strain of the item count with all the bags of useless garbage people have stored over the years in anticipation of CUB coming out soon :p
    One and Christoph Brock like this.
  10. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

it is if it is individually rewarded and doesn't have a clear item count target. i think the idea i proposed would help address that. State what the current count is at a specific date. goal is only counted for # of items reduced from that point and rewards are a community wide reward not individualized. if people hoard crap and we only get back to that starting point them no rewards.
    Pirul and Alice Asteroid like this.
  11. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

I agree with Jupiter. Creating individual rewards promotes hoarding. Make it a collective effort and see where we stand.

But whatever it is, implement this ASAP... PLEASE!!!
  12. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

It'll stay with individual scoring otherwise no ark could survive the flood of tears.
  13. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I remember those 3 second saves when I joined here too. I remember thinking "wow, this admin keeps a tight ship".
    Then I watched that save tick rise month by month.
    Then I learned there were people that started "saving for CUB" since the inception of the server.
    Then Telamon announced he was actually going to reward those people as they had hoped. For what? Bogging down the server for the rest of us every day in hopes of getting a few dumb goodies years down the line?

Then I facepalmed.
    Dun Scaith, Thalion, Orange and 9 others like this.
  14. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Triple-like Trojan Cow's post above.
    Jupiter likes this.
  15. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

16. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

this thread is so derailed
    world save seems often if you play alot but saves and exports (every 6th) happen at same time (as expected)
    what I like about it, you can pull bars every 30mins or so on the pause then another pull when a save/export
    as for cub, I gave up and dumped on Ocllo before it was a new player town (was my fav sell spot prior)
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  17. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just too tired but after reading through your post a few times, I still can't manage to figure out what it is you're trying to say.
    Jupiter and Zyler like this.
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

He's saying world saves aren't a big deal or too frequent and it's an opportunity every time to pull health bars up while everyone's frozen (you can do this during world saves).
    As for the CUB part, he's stopped hoarding for CUB and just tossed shit on the ground on Occlo.
  19. napo

napo Well-Known Member

it's not a bug it's a feature
  20. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Telamon doesn't have to do CUB and I don't have to stop hoarding either. All those bags I have posted above have valuable vendor items. I could probably make several mils selling all those weapons/armor/crap to vendors. Ain't nobody got time for that.

So you can't delete my "trash" either, since it is actually valuable. CUB bags aren't the only problem on the server either. Look at large houses with a large amount of deco too, also like my fort, or the TT fort with what looks like 2k heads, or really most people that own a fort.

There are also a lot of aspects of this server that create trash for no reason. TMaps should auto destroy when dug up, same with AMIBs. There shouldn't be a billion items of trash fished up when hunting for MIBS (another major aspect of my CUB). There shouldn't be treasure chests full of vendor crap if you don't want people to hoard it. Certain items don't stack, and they should, like explosion pots. Wands should destroy when used up. Goodie bags from events or holidays contain thousands of items of crap that should just be done away with. Who needs thousands of pieces of candy? I don't, but sure as shit I'll hold onto it for CUB now.

I think Telamon has done a great job in trying to keep the useless item count down but some things could use tweaking. The best way to do it globally is with CUB. Why change the mechanics of dozens of things when you can just create the CUB system and reward players with something nominal.

Complaining about a system that hasn't been released yet is ridiculous. Telamon said a long time ago that it would be financially better to vendor your trash instead of waiting for CUB. Give the system a chance before shitting all over it.