Would this template work?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by scuba, Jan 21, 2016.

1. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

fencing/wrestling/anatomy/magery/med/eval/ and resist

I was wondering if this could help in group combat because you would have 2 ways to paralyze. Or is scribe/stun and heal/stun mages just to OP
    Lightshade likes this.
  2. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

uhh, will fencing/wrestling even work without tactics?
  3. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

No, won't work well at all. You need eval and anatomy for passive wrestling. Drop wrestling and add tactics. Fencer tank mage is a solid 1v1 field pvp template. If your making a group pvp toon, scribe stun mage is what you should build. Make a few pvp characters with varying templates for different situations. Most group pvp attacks are ranged. Once in awhile it's toe to toe but not often. You have a much higher chance of stunning with wrestle vs fencing. Drink a red pot and arm stun can be done as many times as you have red pots. Heal stun mage are typically used for 7x dueling. In the field you need to survive dumps vs groups and scribe gives you an edge. Using wands is almost a necessity, not wasting mana breaking reflect, clutch gheal during a dump, chasing someone down that's red lined with lightning wand and purples.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  4. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

I have both eval and anatomy in the template it still won't work?
  5. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

I'd go onto test and see for yourself. On another shard I had a provo character with fencing with no tactics and I would DP mobs effectively. If your objective is to stun then you need wrestle with anatomy and lots of red pots, fail stun? drink pot, arm stun and try again just like that. Anatomy and eval will give you passive wrestling. Remember fencing stuns aren't insta it may take you a dozen swings (varies) and on top of that you'll be going most likely against people with gm wrestle.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

You could drop med for tactics and be a glass cannon of sorts, or drop eval and be a good support character without much chance of netting kills without help. That's generally the case anyway so I could see how that would be fun. You could effectively, without med, get that para hit with a spear, drop a held explo/purple pot, then load another spell, hope for a stunpunch and finish your mana pool off. Would be interesting to see but we'll really never know until @archaicsubrosa gets here to validate that.
  7. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

uless you fail your killcombo and are standing there with 0 mana and no heal skill and manaregen :p
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Whatever man, living is for suckers!
    BrecMadak, scuba and Erza Scarlet like this.
  9. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Does tactics really help that much? Do you hit less without tactics? Or are the hits weaker?
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Tactics is a significant damage modifier. Without it, you're not going to get peak possible damage.
  11. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Would I still get para hits? Also how badly would the DPS fall off? Would I barely doing any kind of damage to someone with 31AR?
  12. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

anything will work depending how you play it. having eval/anatomy and wrestling would give you two stuns, you could weapon stun, cast an explode ebolt combo and imediatly arm a special stun, your melee damage would be pretty weak though, most people would say the template doesnt work for this or that, but ill waste 3 mana drain wand charges to make your 100 point scribe worthless anyday.
    Lightshade likes this.
  13. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Scribe skill isn't a waste in group pvp imo. Get on test and try out your ideas. If you want someone to test with hit me up in IRC. Your melee damage without tactics will suck.
  14. Potion Commotion

Potion Commotion Member

if you got really lucky it could be cool, cast exp spear stun exp ebolt stun punch ebolt like Russtle said, buy my guess is that someone with the same build - wrestling and + tactics will end up being more effective. Tactics is +150% dmg, I believe.