WTB Cleavers and small knivessssss (constantly)

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by (D%), Oct 2, 2016.

1. (D%)

(D%) Active Member

I hope this doesn't sound too strange

Buying:
    i would like to collect any small knives (cleaver, skinning knife, butcher knife and dagger) that anyone no longer want to keep / doesnt want.
    cleavers ranging from slayer / vanq / power / disappointingly useless
    please kindly let me know your list and asking price.

buying small knives with interesting stories too.

2017-09-25
    *update*
    Dream List:-The Carver hue 1426 & 1736
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/itemdetails/Cleaver/EC3/1
    -Green Skinning Knife of Spider's Death
    -a demonic dagger
    -all runic daggers above copper
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/itemdetails/Dagger/F52/1
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  2. Too Old For This ...

Too Old For This ... Well-Known Member

Some time ago I saw a story of a maniac in a newspaper [forum]. He was luring people into his house to receive a valuable "reward" for winning in his contest or something, regaling them with poisoned food and killing them with a +25 cleaver of vanquishing. Then he dismembered the bodies and ate his victims. Tis a reward they did not expect for sure. Hope their souls made the full path in Virtues and were reborn.

His deeds could stay unnoticed if this guy didn't start publishing his diaries in the local newspaper. Soon several detectives were chasing him, and one paladin as far as I remember, too.

He was hunted, but don't remember if he was brought to justice finally or managed to escape the reckoning for his monstrous deeds against the nature and Virtues. This hell's offspring turned to be rather smart and have a perverted mind, he was playing hide and seek with his persecutors, giving them clues with some poor poems (probably that miserable man also suffered from narcissism and heightened self-esteem).

So I don't remember the whole story as I'm beginning to forget more and more things with the years passed, but you can check the newspaper archives and find that terrible story. The journalists savored this story.

And everything would have been forgotten.... and it probably was (at least for the majority of Brittanians), but not for me and some other folks that I'll tell you downstream of the narration. Perhaps my story is no way connected to the story of that maniac I mentioned before, but the beginning of the story reminded me of that maniac. And you will probably understand why.

So...... some time after that story when the hype subsided I was on an expedition into some old dungeon in the Lost Lands. And exploring it I stumbled upon an ancient sarcophagus. I was so excited examining the carvings on the sarcophagus and trying to decypher the magical runes on the floor that I didn't notice the approach of an ancient lich.
    He was moving silently, his ruined many centuries ago robe produced no sound. Then I heard that chilling laughter "argha-ha-ha" behind my back....

My reaction was instantaneous, I made a quick sidestep and turned around just in time to see how he his gnarled staff would pass several inches from me and ruin the scull that was laying on the sarcophagus. My nightmare by the name Nuckelavee rushed to protect me, but the distance was too big and she couldn't make it in time.
    I was receding back behind the sarcophagus. The ancient lich was holding a pause, apparently he didn't think that I was a match for him and my nightmare, too. And then he unleashed his strong magic on me. Bright flash of light has blinded me for a second and I felt that a column of flame is surrounding me, trying to burn out my magical protection. Then a moment later my protective magical shield started enlarging quickly and the next moment this column of fire was fliped on the ancient lich and stroke him. The monster bellowed in pain, but it didn't stop him. In his previous life he used to be a very powerful wizard and understood that my protection was depleted and I could not use another one immediately as the ritual takes time to shift the magical balance in the reality. So nothing was standing between him and me anymore and monster continued to approach.
    Thanks the Virtues my Nuckelavee is trained well and she paralized the monster while still on the run to me. A second later she was behind the monster and kicked him with enormous power into his back. The lich flew at least five meters across the room and over the sarcophagus, formed unnatural angle during the flight, and with a terrible crash hit the opposite wall. By the sound of that blow I understood that it was over, but my mare teleported on the lich's body and continued to trample the lifeless body. I didn't stop her. When all the bones were crushed Nuckelavee peacefully approached me stretching her head forward so that I could pet her mane.
    I looked throught the lich's belongings and found a cleaver that seemd pretty usual at first glance and a pile of gold coins (I always have wondered why liches carry gold, are they doing a lot of shopping?). When I touched the cleaver I felt that it was magical, so I put it into my backpack to identify it later in the city and probably sell it to some butcher....
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    puppz, a white zombie, Canis and 12 others like this.
  3. Too Old For This ...

Upon arrival home after the expedition I was busy studying my records and forgot about the cleaver. When I had no new ideas on the written material I started unpacking the baggage and found this item. I was quite surprised and disappointed at the same time when identification wand revealed it's nature. It turned to be a +15 eminently accurate cleaver of vanquishing. Thought my first desire was to send it to the trash bin on second thought I was curious if it could be used as a weapon for a concealed carry, as it can easily be hidden beneath the cloak or in the large pocket. Though a person should be trained in using cutting weapons. As I prefer elegant fencing styles I understood that I had no chances with this weapon, but I decided to keep the device hoping in future either to change it for a dagger of a similar magical properties or taking some lessons with sword in the local warriors guild.

I don't know why, but I decided to keep it in my bank safe and not at home at first, as if it was something terribly valuable. Anyway, I didn't think that it was important. I came to the nearest bank office, a nice young man greeted me and I asked to open my bank safe. The banker took his key and we went to the storage room. As I had no valuable or secret personal things with me I didn't ask this youngster to leave while I was working with my bank safe. We were chatting with him about nature, politics and harvest while I was putting some things (cleaver included) into the box. The banker (probably we should call him somehow in our story and to keep anonymous let's call him John Doe) was filling a cheque for me, then suddenly he stopped on half a word he was saying and started to stare at the cleaver that I was putting in the chest at that moment. Tense silence hang in the air. I called him by name, but he was not responding, just glaring at the cleaver. I hurried to put away the cleaver to the chest and lowered the chest lid. Then I called him by the name again. John looked at me and asked why I was keeping a simple cleaver in the bank safe. I didn't know what to answer and just tried to laugh off saying something rather stupid. To put an end to that awkward situation I quickly turned the key several times, locking my bank safe and said that I should be in a hurry as I'm already late for a dinner I was invited to. I quickly grabbed my hat and rushed to the bank entrance. At the door I was hailed by John.
    - What's it, John? - asked I with irritation.
    - You forgot your cheque, Sir - replied John.
    I murmured: "Thanks", grabbed the check and hurried away through the door.

I came to this bank branch regularly and everything was usual, John was very polite as always, but several times it seemed to me that he wanted to tell me something but at the last moment when his mouth was already open changed his mind. I didn't pay much attention to that.

Though one thing seemed strange to me once. I noticed that the cleaver in my bank box started looking as if some caring hand was polishing and rubbing it with oil. I thought that my eyes were just tricking me because of the bright light in the bank and soon I left for another expedition for a few months.
    puppz, Jupiter, Roguish and 5 others like this.
  4. Too Old For This ...

Several months passed unnoticed and I returned home. I was very tired, but very happy. When I approached my house I saw a message left for me in the post box. The message was from the manager of the local bank branch. In his letter he asked me to come to the bank office as soon as I get the message, the letter also said that some terrible accident happened and he will tell me the details personally.

I took a bath, changed my travel clothes and headed to the town to pay a visit to the bank manager and have a dinner in the tavern. I decided to have a meal firstly as I was very hungry and I missed so much that home-made dishes (summoned food tastes like those fast-dissolving noodles, you know, but if you don't want to make a campfire and spend time for hunting and then cooking while travelling you have no other options). I crossed the tavern threshold and breathed deeply the aromas of dishes being prepared. I smelled the roasted pig at the fireplace, chiken pies that were just taken from the oven and were cooling on the table now and that small magical fish, of course, baked in flour that are so good with lager beer. My stomach was triumphing in anticipation of all that delicaces. But when I started moving through the room to the vacant table, I saw near the window, I noticed that people are looking at me, turning their heads and lowering their voices as I pass by. In a minute the crowded tavern would have become as silent as a graveyard if not for the musicians playing in the corner. I sat at the table and called the waiter. While I was waiting for my order the life in tavern returned to normal, but I felt the eyes of the guests until I finished my meal, paid my chech and headed away to the bank office.

This situation has saddened me and I received no pleasure from all that food I ate. I was on my way to the bank office kicking the stone all the way down the dusty road and thinking of what "terrible accident" could have happened while I was away.

When I entered the bank a new employee, a pretty young girl, greeted me. I asked her where John Doe was, the girl stopped for a moment then said that I should better speak with the bank manager and that he was at the storage room at the moment.

The manager seemed to become very nervous and confused when he saw me. And he told me the story....
    puppz, Jupiter, Roguish and 2 others like this.
  5. (D%)

(D%) Active Member

I really wish that you still have this misery cleaver in your bank box and know about the rest of this amazing story. I would definitely buy it fom you sir,along with a book with this report about it,of cpz obly if you are willing to part with it

This is beyond what in could wish to get!
    Alice Asteroid, jumpman and BlackEye like this.
  6. Too Old For This ...

And the story I've heard from him made the hair on my head began to stir...

- When you left the town several months ago, sir, everything was as usual and nothing foreshadowed things to come... (with that he smoothed his hair and adjusted the bandage on his head. Then he has cleared his throat and went on the story).
    - So everything was pretty usual until one friday evening. I finished the work, cleaned up on my table and was going to leave the bank and head home. I wished John Doe good night, gave him several instructions of what should be done during his night shift (John had asked to give him night shifts that month, everybody in our bank was happy, because they could spend evenings with their families and John was a pleasant young guy, we had only positive feedback from the customers). So I went through the door and went home. On my way I turned into the tavern to have late dinner as I planned something special with my wife that evening and didn't want to lose time on all that cooking at home. (with this words Mr. Sullivan, that's the name of the banker, had smoothed his balding hair once again and a smile flashed in his eyes for a moment as if he remembered something very pleasant. He paused for a second, then continued).
    - ... Errh, so what was I saying... oh ya! So I finished my meal and continued my way home hurrying in anticipation. On the steps of my house I put a hand into my pocket to grab the front door key .... AND SUDDENLY REMEMBERED THAT I HAVE FORGOTTEN THE PRESENT FOR MY WIFE AT THE OFFICE! It was a pair of fine crafted golden earrings that I bought for her some time ago and wanted to make that special evening with a special gift. So I almost ran back to the bank. When I arrived to the office I stopped for a momant to catch my breath as I couldn't appear before the eyes of my employee in that way. So I stood about half a minute outside then pulled the bank door ... and to my surprize it appeared to be closed. I was puzzled as it was so unlike John, I thought maybe something extrodinaire should have happened and decided to check if everything was OK. So I took out my bank key and silently opened the door. I slipped through the door, closed it as quiet as I could and gave my eyes a few seconds to get used to the darkness inside the building. When my eyes could see in the darkness I mentioned a faint light from the storage room. I was afraid to breathe and made my way to the opened door on the tiptoe, my heart was pounding madly in my chest and I heard it echoing in my ears so loud that I was really afraid that whomever was in that room will hear my heartbeat too.
    I looked through the crack in the doorway inside the storage room and saw John sitting on the chair. He was sitting in front of a client's opened safebox with his back to the door and was rubbing something that I couldn't see on the table. I've got seriously angered by this insolence and was going to say everything what I was thinking about the boy and his behaviour.
    - WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE, YOUNG MAN?! - said I, stepping into the light of the storage room.
    - WERE THE HELL DID YOU GET THE KEY FROM THE CLIENT'S SAFEBOX? I SHALL NOT STAND ANY PETTY THIEVES IN OUR INSTITUTION ! EXPLAIN YOURSELF IMMEDIATELY and you better try to make your explanations sound V-E-R-Y plauisible befoure I call the guards and they throw you to jail.
    I surely took him by surprise. He jumped up on the spot, immediately raised up from his chair and turned quickly towards me - in one hand a huge shining cleaver and in the other oiled cloth. Then he muttered something unintelligible and jumped at me slashing the cleaver. I didn't expect such a turn and probably I woul have been dead the next moment if he had not tripped over a chair standing in his way. He fell down and when falling he hit me with that cleaver right into my forehead (that explained the bandage on his head, I thought).
    - I don't remember exactly what has happened next, everything was like in a fog, blood blanked my eyes, I only remember that I tried to fight back with a chair. Then I felt that I'm going to lose consciousness. "That is all" - was my last thought before I fainted"

He paused for a minute as trying to remember something. Then went to his table, poured a glass of water and drank in in one gulp. Then he raised his eyes on me and continued:

- I woke up lying on the floor, couldn't move an arm or a leg, so scared I was....
  7. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

i got a dagger of excorsism if you want that
    (D%) likes this.
  8. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I will PM you a list of my cleavers. So far this tale here stunned me. It's really exciting.
    (D%) likes this.
  9. (D%)

(D%) Active Member

As soon as i got off work i immediately started reading the latest chapter!! Thanks @Too Old For This ... for sharing his thrilling tales!! Look forward to know what Mr. Sullivan saw after he woke up

@Ponne thank you, and yes i m definitely interedted, shall we discuss details by pm?

@BlackEye thank you and look forward to see the list of your collection!!
  10. (D%)

(D%) Active Member

^^
    still buying cleavers, small knifes and interesting tales in all forms.

@Too Old For This ...
    and Sir I have clear out the room for that mysterious cleaver and the books of your tale all about it...

Attached Files:

MikeK and Jack of Shadows like this.
  11. Too Old For This ...

practically didn't sleep 2 nights because of the travelling.

I, of course, know how the story ended and I'll try to publish this part of the story in the nearest future.
    BlackEye likes this.
  12. (D%)

(D%) Active Member

was just trying to show my sincere appreciation for your cleaver and tale.
    so no rush Sir, a fine tale like this is absolutely worth the wait.
    Roguish and BlackEye like this.
  13. Too Old For This ...

PREVIOUSLY ! :

Some time ago I saw a story of a maniac in a newspaper [forum]. He was luring people into his house to receive a valuable "reward" for winning in his contest or something, regaling them with poisoned food and killing them with a +25 cleaver of vanquishing.....

......He was hunted.......

.......So...... some time after that story when the hype subsided I was on an expedition into some old dungeon in the Lost Lands... I was so excited examining the carvings on the sarcophagus and trying to decypher the magical runes on the floor that I didn't notice the approach of an ancient lich..... Then I heard that chilling laughter "argha-ha-ha" behind my back.... I made a quick sidestep and turned around just in time to see how he his gnarled staff would pass several inches from me and ruin the scull that was laying on the sarcophagus. My nightmare by the name Nuckelavee rushed to protect me.......Bright flash of light has blinded me for a second and I felt that a column of flame is surrounding me, trying to burn out my magical protection. Then a moment later my protective magical shield started enlarging quickly and the next moment this column of fire was fliped on the ancient lich and stroke him...... my Nuckelavee is trained well and she paralized the monster while still on the run to me. A second later she was behind the monster and kicked him with enormous power into his back. The lich flew at least five meters across the room and over the sarcophagus, formed unnatural angle during the flight, and with a terrible crash hit the opposite wall.....my mare teleported on the lich's body and continued to trample the lifeless body......I looked throught the lich's belongings and found a cleaver that seemd pretty usual at first glance. When I touched the cleaver I felt that it was magical....identification wand revealed it's nature. It turned to be a +15 eminently accurate cleaver of vanquishing.

......I don't know why, but I decided to keep it in my bank safe and not at home at first, as if it was something terribly valuable...... John looked at me and asked why I was keeping a simple cleaver in the bank safe.

..... I noticed that the cleaver in my bank box started looking as if some caring hand was polishing and rubbing it with oil. I thought that my eyes were just tricking me because of the bright light in the bank.....

......Several months passed unnoticed and I returned home.

When I approached my house I saw a message left for me in the post box...... the letter also said that some terrible accident happened and he will tell me the details personally.

The manager (Mr. Sullivan) seemed to become very nervous and confused when he saw me. And he told me the story.... with that he smoothed his hair and adjusted the bandage on his head....

.... I stood about half a minute outside then pulled the bank door ... and to my surprize it appeared to be closed. I was puzzled as it was so unlike John, I thought maybe something extrodinaire should have happened and decided to check if everything was OK...... I slipped through the door, closed it as quiet as I could and gave my eyes a few seconds to get used to the darkness inside the building. When my eyes could see in the darkness I mentioned a faint light from the storage room...... I looked through the crack in the doorway inside the storage room and saw John sitting on the chair. He was sitting in front of a client's opened safebox with his back to the door and was rubbing something that I couldn't see on the table......

- WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE, YOUNG MAN?!.....

Then he muttered something unintelligible and jumped at me slashing the cleaver. I didn't expect such a turn and probably I woul have been dead the next moment if he had not tripped over a chair standing in his way. He fell down and when falling he hit me with that cleaver right into my forehead......I tried to fight back with a chair. Then I felt that I'm going to lose consciousness. "That is all" - was my last thought before I fainted".......

AND NOW ! :
    (D%) likes this.
  14. Too Old For This ...

- I woke up lying on the floor, couldn't move an arm or a leg, so scared I was.... For a moment I thought that I was firmly tied up and the horrible pictures of what this wicked bastard was going to do with me manifested in my mind. Helpless anger burst into tears out of my eyes, I definitely didn't want to die. Warm tears were running out of my eyes and dripping into my ears. I thought: " I will never see my wife again, my dear Lily... what deamon has made me forget the earrings in the office..." And all I could see before my eyes at that moment was the fragment of the bank's ceiling and the thought that the last thing I will ever see in my life will be that ceiling was pounding in my head..... again and again.....
    "The last thing I will see in my life will be this ceiling....... The last thing I will see in my life will be this ceiling...... the last thing I will see in my life will be this ceiling..... this ceiling...... this ceiling of the bank where I used to serve for so may years..... the ceiling I never paid attention to...... this stupid f@cking ceiling......I HATE THIS CEILING...... Oh, Lily, my dear dear Lily, please forgive me, I have failed you so much ..... this f@cking ceiling....."

A thunderbolt stroke inside my mind. I R-E-A-L-I-Z-E-D that I was still in the bank storage room. Desperately I called out the guards.....

In a moment I felt a gentle wave of hot air that came at me from the right side. That wave can't be mixed with anything else, it is produced by a large object that instantly appears in a spot displacing the air, forcing it to rush away. I felt relief when heard: "Thou shalt regret your crimes cowardly swine!... Wait, what has happened here?"

- I don't remember anything after that before I felt a strong scent of garlic and ginseng and something else unfamiliar to me. I opened my eyes and saw blurred silhouette of a man in a brown robe. Image before my eyes was becoming clearer and clearer, and finally I saw an elderly man leaning over me and whispering words of a spell. He turned to me and said:
    - My name is Llewelynn, I'm a wondering healer and I often visit our guild branch in your town. Sir Godric brought you here unconscious. You will be fine now, I made everything that I could.

A tall man in guards' platemail approached the bed where I was lying. While I was sitting down on bed, he leaned his halberd against the wall, took a chair and sat down in front of me.
    - My name is Godric, I'm guard lieutenant. I was recently transferred here from Britain, but I know you Mr. Sullivan. So tell me what has happened in the bank. When I was teleported there you were unconscious and I brought you here. There was a second man with a crushed skull lying on the floor in the same room, it was too late to help him.

- I told him the same story that I have just told you. They had an investigation of this case and John turned up to be a perverted bloody monster hiding his true nature from all of us for a long long time. They found some irrefutable evidence that he was involved in the disappearance of people who needed escort, that's one of the reasons that nobody had any suspicions on the disappearance of these people - everybody just thought that these strangers got their escort. If you want to hear the details of this case you should see Sir Godric. It turned out that John was using your magical cleaver for all those murders so the guards have withdrawn it as evidence. Now the investigation is over and they should return it to its rightful owner.
    Please accept my apologies on behalf of The Bank of Britannia, we have tightened our security measures after this "accident" so now all your valuables are absolutely safe in the bank storage. You can receive your magical cleaver back from Sir Godric and place it in your personal stongbox in our bank. It's not a deal to store such a precious at home where thieves can get to it.

We bowed to each other wit Mr. Sullivan and I headed directly to the guard post.
    - "It's not a deal to store such a precious at home where thieves can get to it".....Hmm, we'll see if I can trust you anymore.
    (D%) and Roguish like this.
  15. (D%)

(D%) Active Member

Humm... So maybe Mr. Sullivan is hiding something too?
    The story is so nicely written!!! Sincerely want to buy it in books form with the cleaver!;)

Bump, still buying all cleavers, and small knifes
  16. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Hi D%, I have a small bag for you: 7 cleavers, 4 butchers and 3 skinning knives ... nothing to get excited about, but they've just been lying around in chests and you are most welcome to have them for your collection :)
  17. (D%)

(D%) Active Member

Hello @Azoth thank you so much!! I m excited to collect any type of small knife : ) i will pm you and see when can we meet up
    Azoth likes this.
  18. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Hi D%, good to see you just now. Good luck with your knife collection. I look forward to seeing a screenshot of your display when you have time :)
    (D%) likes this.
  19. (D%)

(D%) Active Member

@Azoth thank you so much for the cleavers and knifes!!! Now i definitely need some more lock down to display all of them : ) i will show the screenshot here for sure when the get the few last components done;)
    Azoth likes this.
  20. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Finally got them together. 32 weapons in total, most of them are cleavers, the rest butcher and skinning knives.

I will list the best weapons in the package:

- Vanqs: 4x +25 cleavers, 1x +25 skinning knife

- Silver: +20 cleaver of power, +0 cleaver of power, +20 cleaver of force, +10 butcher knife of power, +10 skinning knife of foce (+6 minor silver slayers)

- Reptilian type: +5 cleaver of might and dragon slaying, +10 cleaver of might and ophidian slayer, +20 cleaver of force and lizardman slaughter, +10 butcher knife of force and dragon slaying (+9 minor reptilian death type slayers)

- +0 skinning knife of force and elemental ban

- +20 cleaver of troll slaughter, +10 butcher knife of troll slaughter

I'd say, PM me your opinion. :)

upload_2016-10-14_17-18-7.png
    Azoth and (D%) like this.