WTB - Ocllo Real Estate (DONE!)

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Earsnot, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

ReZon has helped more new players get started with a place to practice their skills than most everyone in this thread combined.

Furthermore that's not what this topic is about.

who owns 1, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 24, 25, 26?
    Infantry and Nose Goblin like this.
  2. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  3. Talon Karde

Talon Karde Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

So we already have mentors is what you are saying? ;)

So really.. you agree with me. :p
    Player X likes this.
  4. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

This is completely false. Young players need either a house to safely go gray in, or a guild to join in order to spar their Dexer skills to GM. There are other ways like sparing NPC hirelings or whacking on monsters in the dungeon, but the best and safest way to GM a melee skill / healing is sparing.

I do not believe the OP or anyone in this thread intended to comment negatively on @ReZon at all. I must say that he does an amazing job welcoming and helping new players with his housing. I took advantage of it when I first got here and if he needs more help managing them, I'm available.
  5. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

Would love to know what kind of help @ReZon might need with new players, would also like to know more about what @Earsnot is thinking about doing. Would like to help some new players as I can
    Jesus Is King likes this.
  6. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

Well, what I would like to offer new players is an opportunity to be part of a new, initially & inevitably small guild of active players of various time here. With the sole focous being to help them get off on the right foot, find out what they want to achieve and help them do it. No hand outs, just hustle.

I will hang out around Ocllo, roll through the dungeons, meet new players and chat with them promoting the benefits of buddying up and joining a guild. Everyone would be welcome. I've had such an amazing response from other players and vets wanting to join already to also be a part of this and do the same thing.

I'm gonna have a discord channel for us and I will be able to help them out on there too, I'm happy to idle in voice and rap along to Notorious BIG to myself until someone hops in if they need some help with something.

I want to set up a guild punching bag in town for macroing melee skills on, restock agent for armour, bandies etc.

We'll organise dungeon crawls, ORC fort raids and on Saturday nights we'll get wasted in town and fight and then tell each other we love each other.

The house (if I can get one) will have basic supplies and training stuff in it. With books locked down on the floor explaining where to stand to macro certain things. I can cram a lot into a small space. I can get a whole house into a few pouches ;)

I will encourage being sociable and decent, I'm not wanting a group of saints, but decency goes a long long way in my books. I will encourage them to join the forums, be active on the forums and to engage with the community because the wealth of knowledge on the forums and amongst all of us is HUGE and it blows my mind that people aren't on the forums. Lots of new people I speak too aren't on the forums and that's insane to me. I knownit can be a daunting place so I will get a sub on the guild page to introduce them to it.

Rules wise....

Say what you mean and mean what you say.
    Do not grief other players or members.
    Do not be a dick.
    Wear neon colours.

I'd like to be the worst dressed guild this server has ever seen.

When there ready to leave the young program or their young status is up I will help them continue on the next stages of their UOR Joiurney. Finding a house (hahhh) exploring the lands and finding out what sort of game they want to play.

That's it for today's essay.
  7. Earsnot

Absolutely stoked!

[​IMG]

Say what you mean - Mean what you say.

Huge, HUGE Thanks to @GeneK for agreeing to sell me his Ocllo home and for being hyped on my mission.
    You are an absolute G.
    Thank you to everyone that helped me get the info I was after and for all the awesome PM's supporting this idea.
    Time to put the cheddar where the chops are and lets get it get it!

The Booger Boys are GO!
  8. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

Congratulations. Great location too, perfect.
    PaddyOBrien and Earsnot like this.
  9. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    NCCML, Vandalin, PaddyOBrien and 2 others like this.
  10. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

Awesome! I'm really glad to see this worked out. Good luck with the new adventure!
    jumpman likes this.
  11. Phillip

Phillip Well-Known Member

I want to sign up to be a counselor for TBB
    DaBucs likes this.
  12. Kash

Kash Well-Known Member

If the Booger Boys / Snot Bots are looking for any other Ocllo real estate, hit me up. I have a nice one you might like!
  13. Earsnot

[​IMG]

I'd really like to know the though process behind bumping a 2 month old thread to have a cringe inducing pop at me.
    Thats just weird dude.

Is this going to be like last time though where you try and have a pop and then send me a random message a few days later apologising on discord?
    [​IMG]

It's a game man, relax. Try not to get so worked up about shit, I know your new to idoc'ing but its just pixels man, none of us lose sleep over any of this. Honestly.

Also some newbie idocer advice, don't leave sort books with all your members names on top of the boxes in the loot house. I'm pretty sure some of those dudes wanted to keep their privacy.

[​IMG]

Good luck out there solider! Don't get too steamy over this and you'll have a lot more fun :)
    Vandalin, NerK, Kiryana and 1 other person like this.
  14. Kash

Kash Well-Known Member

I'm surveying the market and saw you were looking a bit ago. Thought you might be interested. That apology was sincere. You're creeping around outside a patio with names in it - who's steamy? Not interested in the house I take it?
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  15. Earsnot

We really gonna do this?

Ok, at the top of this page is the title of this auction, you might of seen it when you went searching for a 2 month old thread. In capital letters inside brackets it says DONE, this was to signify that I was no longer looking. As in I was DONE looking, lots of people post this when they have found what they are looking for after posting a WTB auction.

It's not creeping, I hopped your gate and saw the books with everyones forum names on the loot boxes, I thought it was cute so I took a screenshot to show everyone else.

Anyway, you're surveying Ocllo property......in my 2 month old closed thread......sure, Ocllo property is a weird one, I bought and sold mine for 5 mil, the one you guys got the other day (that you're trying so hard not to mention) is worth more than mine was for sure, I personally would start the auction at around 10 mil and see whats up. Although if you start that high, get no bites cause property prices are really fluctuating and shifting right now, and then drop it down you weaken your position, people think I'll wait till he drops it some more and even though they might want it - they always want a deal more - and you end up sitting on a spot that you know is worth some cheddar but aint shifting. Thats why more often than not I start my auctions at a really low price and let it climb to the value that its worth, it might end up going for 10 mil or even more. Don't put a BO on it.

Good luck selling the property though! For reals! Good catch!

You don't need to tag me in the auction when you list it so you can screenshot it and post it in your discord being all 'LOL look what I said to Earsnot of the forums! Shall I spell his name wrong again? HAHA' It might get a few awkward laughs from your groups members, a few forum members might think its slightly humorous, but for the most part people will just think its cringey.

And as I've explained, I'm not after an Ocllo spot any more.
  16. Kash

Kash Well-Known Member

That sentence really covers my question, and is all that was needed in a trade forum thread imo. I must have misunderstood your interest for Ocllo property.
    Xavant_BR likes this.
  17. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

1- good luck on the boogie boys guild. great initiative.
    2- i just want to exist(ethys, blessed, outfits, rares, properties, whealth), no shame in being "exposed" on this thread. Everyone wants to drink at the same bottle that you are getting drunk with.
    Kash and One like this.
  18. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    eherruh and Earsnot like this.
  19. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Oh yeah.. i still have troubles with english expressions...
  20. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    Earsnot likes this.