WTF?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Therious, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Therious

Therious New Member

I have been away for awhile. I was checking in on my KEEP, but my 12 year old daughter's appendix ruptured and had problems after that, so I lost my keep, 90% of my gold, loot and other artifacts.

I come back to find that I can"t steal, guard whacked 10 out of 10 times. sorry but that's just bullshit. The admin of this server are truly screwed up. Nerf the stealing but not the gank squads. tried for 3 days to dungeon crawl, tried prime time, off time, but fuck no, too many chicken shit PVPers, get attacked by 3 or more.

Now I know why eight of my friends no-longer play here. Can't even fish, get four douche bags on a boat ganking me there, waste of two days.

Guess this is a Gank squad server, I really loved this shard, before the major stealing nerfing and the out of control gank squads appeared. ruined a good shard.

like I said I had eight close personnel friends that have left due to the ganking, and bullshit nerfing. but honestly the guild we hung out with, their all gone, that was at least 13 players.

so this has turned into some ( don't try to build up anything, because the fuckin gankers are waiting, shard ).

restrict PvP and the population will increase.

Staff Note: Please see this post
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

3. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

Someone get this man a moonstone to take him to trammel.
    Hydrox, TiMi, Thoril and 7 others like this.
  4. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

5. Therious

Therious New Member

LOL, silly faggots, dicks are for chicks!!

like I would expect the fucktard gankers to come out. don't give me this gay ass, how to survive shit.

I enjoy this game but not to a point where I have to change my game style to suit that of others, there those that will dungeon crawl until they come across someone else, then they"ll change chars, get a couple of their friends and come back and gank. those people are killing this shard. I have watched the good players, the community builders leave.

yea create trammel, and watch this shard population triple, but just double resources in felucca.

Stop trying to OSI players, by requiring them to play in groups, just to play how they want to play.
  6. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

Do you mind giving us details? This server is quite balanced, the general population agrees.

Maybe we can help you out somehow. This server is NOT as bad as your are saying, and I think you know that too.
    Hydrox, Andersonius, Avery and 2 others like this.
  7. newme

newme Well-Known Member

wow! I am sorry you lost your keep. But like mikek85 said, how about some details. What dungeons were you in? I've hunted a "hot spot" for like three days in a row. Only other player I met was one fellow hunting the same area, so we took turns.

Since the fishing tourney started, I've fished every day, only other player I saw while fishing was one guy who said hi as our boats crossed paths.

Now, I am on Pacific time, I do most of my game play my a.m.s. Sometimes afternoons. During evening hours, if I manage game time, I usually work my craft characters. Also I am basically a solo player. In fact other players are usually shocked when recognize the character is me in game.
    And yes I have been pked. I have been targeted by theives. But certainly not every time travel about.

My only suggestion would be,perhaps chose other hunting spots.

good luck to you.
    Andersonius, MikeK, Avery and 2 others like this.
  8. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

@Therious, whats wrong? You died to PKs both in the dungeons and on the ocean. That is normal. What all did you lose? I bet its replaceable and everyone here would be happy to help you replenish the things you have lost.

I am sorry to hear about your daughter. @Telamon is very understanding of medical/family emergencies. I am 100% sure he would have refreshed your home temporarily while you were away. So if you ever have to step away again for a family emergency (God forbid) communicate with the admin and he can help you.

As far as stealing goes... It is a work in progress. We have a very dedicated and fair admin. He has a GIANT list of things to patch, mechanics to tweak, and content to add over different holidays. Just a tip with stealing, do your best to break line of sight. Use stone walls to your advantage. If you can't break LoS then have a 2nd character throw up a gate to chaos shrine, so getting guard whacked doesn't matter.

Why didn't any of your 8 friends refresh your home? If they are truly your friends, I don't think they would have a problem logging in briefly to refresh your home. Either way, again... its replaceable. Shake it off mate, from reading your post I can see you are familiar with osi mechanics and pvp of this era. None of this ganking/dieing at sea or losing your home to decay should be a surprise to you. Ultima is a ruthless game and not very forgiving.

Feel free to post some details as to what happened, including names of the PKs if you can remember them. This community is very friendly and we are happy to help get you on your feet again.

Shake it off :)
    Scynin, sita69, Lord Krake and 12 others like this.
  9. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Don't confuse us with another "era accurate" shard, where had you made a post like this, everyone of them would laugh you off the forums and berate you and your family etc etc. and not offer you any advice but "GET GOOD NOOB! LOL!!1" You WILL get pk'd here, we all do at some point. Don't get bent out of shape over it, the majority of players here are always willing to help.
  10. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

This looks and smalls like a troll... A player new to forums who just lost a keep and several... artifacts? Then the asking for trammel and restricted pvp? There are plenty of shards that have exactly this and the are (drum roll please) DEAD. UO with trammel is just like any other MMO. Take steps to protect yourself and enjoy the felucca. I believe in you.
    Lord Krake, One, Andersonius and 3 others like this.
  11. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

I must be some kind of magician being able to farm 60k+ without ever seeing a single red character. And when I do, I'm always aware to easily run away, losing nothing and only enjoying the adrenaline injection on my body.

Please feel free to join #PS - Project Sanctuary so we can discuss strategies and get together to hunt and stuff.

Do not activate Trammel. Ever.
  12. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Thieving changes? How long have you been away? Since the dawn of the shard, there have only been about two major changes to stealing and they happened years ago.
    Andersonius, Avery and newme like this.
  13. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I am going to suspect this is simply a troll posting. The forum account is new, the IP address linked to it relates to no accounts, the email address used also does not link to any account registration.

If you are actually a player here, and would like to contact the staff with your account information so we can verify that a keep actually decayed (That stuff on UO:Renaissance is logged) Myself and the players would be more than happy to hear your concerns.

But at face value this simply looks like you are attacking the server.

You are welcome to contact me (Telamon) on our IRC chatroom at www.uorenaissance.com/IRC if you are an actual player.

Thanks for being so helpful everyone, but it looks like this is simply someone who does not play here.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  14. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Update:

After a bit of continued research I was able to track down this player accounts. (It was not easy)

It looks like they played here from 2013 to 2015 and ceased playing around June of 2015. On November 8th a house decayed. After that there is no activity on the associated accounts.

It does seem like most of those complaints are based on experiences from the middle of 2015.
  15. Million

Million Active Member

Ultima Online always has and always will be 90% Ganks but you have to really sit back and think that if anyone can just recall away at anytime, then theres only 1 way to make sure your targets dead and thats where the ganks come in....

I farm all the time and I fight on my tamer a lot. I will tell you that on almost any given day. I run into prolly 3 solo pks. So i know for a fact not everyone here ganks. If you think that then im going to have to suggest you never join factions.

I know everyones intitled to a rage day but whew.....no need to call the admin names or rage on them. They try their best and keep this a free shard. Be upset if you put real cash on the game but for this shard......stock up.....recall.....die......restock............recall......die........rinse and repeat.
    Andersonius and newme like this.
  16. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

People... people... people...
    When someone posts with language and attitude like the OP, why are you giving them any attention at all?

I seriously am asking that. Not rhetorical, why are you trying to keep someone like this here?
    burgle, Orion GM BD, Basoosh and 2 others like this.
  17. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

@wylwrk We give them attention because we want to help them. This game can cause a lot of rage and bad feelings when things don't go your way or go horribly wrong.

That's the draw this game has for me but for others it can be tough to deal with sometimes. With that ring said, the community is here to help each other. No one wants to see anyone get so upset thy quit. We are reaching out to show those people the light at the end of the tunnel.

We've all been riled up over this game at least once. It's always nice to have your friends help pick you up and dust you off.
  18. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member

I'd like to go on record as saying that I definitely do want players who call people faggots because they're upset to quit UOR.
    Jupiter, Avery, Andersonius and 3 others like this.
  19. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

I'm a thief on this server and I have no problem stealing in town around guards and banks. Have you tried casting wall of stone to break the guards line of site?

You lost some gold and a house and you are reacting like a child. I'm sorry you lost some pixels but it's not like it's the end of the world. Your attitude toward other players on this forum is despicable and if you decide to leave good riddance! i hope everything is well with your family but that is no way to talk to people. Have a good day.
  20. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

Also, if by some crazy twist of fate, this is a serious post... I am happy to help you with some tips on how to effectively solo extremely rewarding content on this shard. It's very doable. PM me here or on IRC.
    newme likes this.