WTS Fortress

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by El Horno, Aug 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

• Cool, so did I.
    • Great point, in hindsight I should have just used dev or test. Huge error on my part.
    • I had no idea's who's keep it was at the time, I just scanned the UOR web map for the first keep that had water within 3 tiles from the cy.
    • When I tabbed back and saw you in the house I didn't recall. I waited to explain. When you came down and all killed me without letting me explain, ya, I tried to recall lol. This is generally what I do when being attacked by a pet and owner in a small space. (Hasn't it been confirmed by a gamemaster that no runes were marked? So when you say you have no idea if I marked, you mean, between the GM telling you and the literal command [isitsecurekeep available on dev to allow you to check your cy for runes, you know for certain I did not)
    • As shown in the time stamps, I got a hold of Telamon BEFORE you caught me.
  2. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

This is kinda getting out of control, the thread is for elhorno to sell his fortress, not talk about his character.

A bump for Icas Rex and his amazing decorating skills.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  3. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Active Member

Still no bids for this?

I bid $15 million plus 10% for financing for a 15 year fixed loan. 1 million plus interest to be paid each year. No penalty for early payment.
    Ahirman likes this.
  4. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

SL: "We constantly whine about the trammel-ification of the PVP scene on this shard... but when a bunch of worthless items get looted from our house we cry like little babies."
    Alice Asteroid likes this.
  5. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Exploit champ to house kill: zokay. Exploit mounts in CTF: zokay. Exploit pack animals to smuggle silvers into Halloween event: zokay.

Exploit boat to CY bug: not zokay.

Thanks for lulz TT!
    Blaise likes this.
  6. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Nice discovery. I think Matron/Snapdragon beat you to it by about two years though. There's a great spot like this in Serp's bank at the intersection of two walls, so it's a 1x1 area you can mark and recall into. I'm guessing this is how Matron marked that spot and was kind enough to share with me. Of course I had no idea at the time how it was accessed for the first time but maybe this explains it.

I can certainly sympathize with someone testing a bug on live when they should go to Test Center or whatever. I've done the same (my screenshot of 12 duped platinum statues is from live). You find a bug and get all excited and want to test it immediately. It would be pretty shortsighted to actually try to loot someone like this though, and expect to get away with it. I think this type of thing could be traced back pretty easily by Telamon.

TOO MANY SECRETS

snap dragon likes this.
  7. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Active Member

Setec Astronomy
  8. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Thanks Horno for finding this bug and reporting it so it could be patched.

Thanks Xeg and TT for being such good sports about it.

Thanks Telamon for the quick fix.

Ps Horno: I will trade you a rune to your catwalk for one of those nifty bank runes.
    Jupiter likes this.
  9. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

How you went about it was really fucked up.
  10. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

in this particular case I gave her the rune, which was given to me in 2013 by Zagyg. He did explain that it was marked via this method at the time.
    Dalavar likes this.
  11. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member

Sorry Xeg but TT has done equally fucked up stuff to their gain, whereas Elhorno personally gained nothing from his actions. Even if he had, you guys would still be ahead in the category of Shady Ass Exploits. If you ask me, once you do just one single shady exploit, you give up your right to cry about anyone else forever. Not to mention there's probably a bunch of stuff no one even knows about.

Let's just agree the kettle is black.
    Stranger likes this.
  12. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Actually I can't think of a time we have ever gained from any bug or exploit. Can you? Maybe if you're like stretching the shit out of the word gain. But if you truly mean gain as in money, platinum, inside information, rare items, some form of points - then no, we haven't. There were many times we could have. We figured out how to cheat the christmas event and we could have quietly taken all the leaderboard spots (but we chose not to.) In fact, on one of the first days of the event we entered the large fortress event with a pack of reds and tracked all of O^S already in the event. At this point the actual trammel rules were not turned on in trammel and we could have taken over this event. But we agreed it would be unkind and chose not to. We've discovered and reported many bugs and I can't think of any way we've ever gained from them.

Because it's really not in the spirit of how we play the game. But if your post was to say that el horno is as shady as you think we are - then you are probably right. But I would not say that this for me to judge. All I wanted to do in this thread is point out why Cynic's fortress was more valuable.
  13. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

Telamon had no clue what was going on when I messaged him. Like I had in my post, I hardly know El Horno, so these have been my interactions with him, I haven't gotten to know any other way (mistake on both parts). Now knowing he was Icas, I guess fighting Pill and non rp at my tower, kind of did not see a stealthy pirate, hiding at my door rp'ing.
    How have I ever exploit a champ? I would like to know how I personally have, since you know.
    When have I ever mounted in CTF? My orc doesn't have an ethy.
    When did
    I sneak in a pack horse to Halloween? I did quite poorly in the event, and I can assure, I never brought in silvers to Halloween event.
  14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got my Serp's bank wall runes from Zagyg and I gave the boats the block access to Treasureman.

Sorry for the mistake El Horno. I was under the impression that you sold the keep in question. Not that you're not a house looter checking CY doors, but at least you didn't sell the house then loot it. My bad, sorry.

Mes' justification for bug abuse: We didn't gain from it

Cool, so if we don't profit we can use all the bugs we want and we're still rule abiding players? Fuck that's awesome. Telamon can we get a confirmation on this? hahahahaha
    Even if profit isn't the spirit of how you play, using seriously game breaking bugs to disrupt Freesist certainly is. Keep on keepin' on.
  15. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

TT dragging someone else's lord oaks to town to get guard whacked, that's exploiting and was fixed by Telamon.

Just saying, that was an exploit and you guys were very happy to take advantage of it. I have done my best to stay out of any drama these days, but saying you guys haven't exploited just isnt true.
  16. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Well, you're right really. That is my justification to myself. I think if I figure out a bug but it isn't something that I gain from then I don't feel like I've cheated. There was a time when I discovered a way to polymorph in CTF and when CTF ended I would remain polymorphed until killed. This was a bug, and I exploited it to be a chicken for a day. When I logged off I did not feel I had cheated to win.

Now as far as whether it was legal for me to do that - that's only for Telamon to judge. My conscience guides me.
  17. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

It really wasn't. I mean be logical for a moment. Mobs get guardwhacked when they attack you in town. You know this.

You can say that noone realized this was a possibility until it happened. Sure. You can say that it was an unkind thing for someone to do. Sure. You can say that the developers should have had a leashing mechanic in mind or some other measure to prevent this. Sure.

But to say that this was an exploit is just untrue. It was absolutely intended that guards would kill mobs attacking players in town.

You guys can't just use the word exploit to describe anything you don't like or any clever use of game mechanics. It is explicit that you would gain from an exploit.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  18. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

I was at the spawn with you and my UO guild (remember I asked you to help me bring silvani to the group because I did not want to get fairy bombed luring it and trying to stay alive with one hand at the time). I did not lure oaks, you and I went looking for it.
  19. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

I don't think an event that takes 2 hours with 5-10 people to accomplish was intended to have someone drag the boss 10 screens to town, and have the boss guard whacked in 1 second. That's exploiting, and it was fixed as well.

I mean, if I was a game designer, I'd love to design a boss event that people spent 2 hours on, but intend for the boss to get killed in 1 second by 1 person. Sounds balanced and fair to me. If the final harrower could move, it's part of game balance to pull it to town and have it guard whacked in 1 second. Deny everyone the event and loot, fair to me.

You guys did gain from it, not anything monetary, but in seeing people you dislike suffer. And no Xegugg, you were not involved in it, and your name has no relation to this event.
  20. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Where is the Picard img when I need it...

This is disgraceful.
    Alice Asteroid likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.