WTS: hue 1153 horned tribal christmas mask of the wild

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by O'Malley, Mar 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It doesn't sound like @O'Malley is being questioned here.
    O'Malley likes this.
  2. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member

Why would you bid a price you're not ready to pay?
    Plentimon likes this.
  3. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

Because I believe he feels the price was inflated by Plentimon out of spite.

Not out of desire to own the item.

I got no horse in this race but that was kind of a weird thing to say @Plentimon

If your top bid was actually 9 mil and Labeler's 100k increment tipped you over what you believe the items worth his retractions means you now win it for the last price you were willing to pay for it. Right?

It's hard to attribute a value to an item not seen listed before. And Labeler's bidding style, while not to everyone's tastes is a valid bidding style, like those dudes who bid a dollar over or under on the price is right.

Anyways, damn dope mask, I look forward to seeing it in a suitably white ensemble in the trammel outfits thread!
    Jesus Is King, Lord Sky and O'Malley like this.
  4. Plentimon

Plentimon Well-Known Member

Thanks @O'Malley for a quick and easy trade! And a special thanks to @Labeler for retracting his bid so I can pick up this awesome mask.

For the record I would never post any bid I'm not 100% prepared to follow through on (i.e. a shill bid). My reasons for bidding are my own and if I decide to bid higher because of the other players in the thread that's my business. O'Malley is entitled to top dollar for his goods and if I'm willing to pay more than the next guy for any reason would you expect him to turn down my gold? I don't think so.

My previous post was by no means an admission of any wrong doing notwithstanding those that may wish to read into it for their own reasons. I honestly think it would have been a shame if these choice pixels had gone too cheaply. Don't get me wrong I'll take a deal if one is on offer but seeing rare and coveted items fetch a good price is good for the market and good for the server.

[​IMG] upload_2019-3-19_15-16-40.png
    Keza, Jesus Is King, Salick and 12 others like this.
  5. Blacklow

Blacklow Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I highly doubt this was anyone shill bidding. And I am pretty sure everyone is happy to see this mask go for what it should be valued at. Even at 9.1m that looks like a deal! And while Plentimon's comment is slightly odd, he doesn't strike me as the type to welch on a bid. Feel free to correct me if i am wrong and someone has a link to when Plentimon (or Co. apparently?) have failed to honor a winning bid.

I am pretty sure everyone just went into this auction with a figure in mind they would not cross. It appears Plentimon hit that number at 9m, offered his congratulations, albeit in a slightly odd choice of words, and bowed out. It would also appear that Labeler got into the bidding spirit and crossed his line somewhere before 9.1 and no longer wants to pay what he wrote.

As for bidding this item up. That goes both ways... and seeing as Plentimon bid prior to Labeler i am forced to wonder. Is it not possible that Labeler was wanting to make Plentimon pay more, and is now only upset he didnt stop shill bidding sooner to leave Plent with the bill and bad forum karma?
  6. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

Well the definition of a shill bid is one that requires that the seller be involved. So he really is pointing the finger at OMalley too. Or he just doesn't understand the definition of a shill bid.

Either way, it's a load. Plentimon says he has reached his limit, and bows out. Labelers response is to go "Ahaaaaaaa" and point the finger. In all reality, it seems a lot more likely that Labeler was only bidding to see how high Plent would take it, under the (false) assumption that Plents bids weren't real. I mean why else would you start flinging accusations around as your only opposing bidder leaves??

And Plentimons comment makes perfect sense. Why would ANYONE let an item go super cheap? Try to get it while its low, even if you just intend to resell higher. THATS what Plentimon was saying, to all you in tinfoil hats.
    Kiryana and Plentimon like this.
  7. Lord Sky

Lord Sky Well-Known Member

Seems to me like Labeler really wanted the item, and was bidding up by 100k out of frustration because of how badly he wanted it.

I understand this, considering I’ve recently spent 1m+ on 2 bear rugs and 2.5m on another bear rug - thanks @hetmasteen

The moral of the story here is, never place a bid on an item that you don’t intend paying for, regardless of what it is actually worth.

....that being said, I sold O’Malley the 100hc that got him this item. If anyone here got jipped, it’s me :p jk grats on your new found wealth you filthy pickpocket
  8. Earsnot

See - DAMN DOPE outfit!
    Jesus Is King and Plentimon like this.
  9. Delstrudo

Delstrudo Well-Known Member

Yup that's sexy, grats!
    Plentimon likes this.
  10. WarrenBuffet

WarrenBuffet Well-Known Member

http://uorforum.com/threads/selling-merlins-vesper-residence.33309/page-2

funny thing, you and yours on another auction with shill bidding being thrown about....Just saying
    Plentimon likes this.
  11. Kash

Kash Well-Known Member

Give me a break Hung. Plentimon wins at his last highest bid and you're the one and cancelling bids... Pretty contradictory to your accusation.
    Plentimon likes this.
  12. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

Plentimon and Lord Sky like this.
  13. Earsnot

Get a clue fuck face. Members of the same guild bid on each other's shit all the time. No rules against that if it's genuine bids.

You want me to go through all of MiD's recent auctions highlighting all the guild members bids that no ones mentioned because they don't know they're guild member bids?

I'll happily do that but I don't think it would be appreciated when there's only 15-20 people still selling items here.

I'm not accusing anyone of shill bidding - I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy.

And @JohnM - no I didn't pay - because I didn't win. Peace won and then I sold all my surrounding properties and helped him get all the spots he needed to place his own fort.

So........?
  14. Earsnot

Fuck it, I got time this morning.

Quick List of Auctions started by MiD Members with known/unknown members of MiD bidding.

http://uorforum.com/threads/wts-home-decor.40852/
    Kash from MiD's Auction - Fatty Mike from MiD participating. Raising the price of 2 items before bailing.

http://uorforum.com/threads/wts-anni-gear.40675/
    Kash from MiD's Auction - Fatty Mike from MiD Bidding. Raising the price of 1 item before bailing.

http://uorforum.com/threads/wts-ancient-treasure-chests-other-storage-rares.40572/
    Fatty Mike from MiD's Auction - Plentimon from MiD Bidding. Raising the price of items before bailing

http://uorforum.com/threads/wts-bottles-beakers-braziers-and-vials-look-inside.40817/
    Fatty Mike from MiD's Auction - Kash & BenS from MiD from MiD participating.

http://uorforum.com/threads/hallowe...he-bonesaw-and-a-dull-knife-sooolllddd.38240/
    Fatty Mike from MiD's Auction - Plentimon from MiD participating. Raising the price of 1 item before bailing.

http://uorforum.com/threads/selling-halloween-rares-bonesaw-dull-knife-and-gravediggers-map.38118/
    Fatty Mike from MiD's Auction - Plentimon from MiD participating. Raising the price of 1 item before bailing.

http://uorforum.com/threads/wts-blood-tile-med.34150/
    Kash from MiD's Auction - The Hammer from MiD participating. Raising the price of 1 item before bailing.

THIS IS IMPORTANT

I am not accusing, suggesting or implying that any of those bids aren't real or genuine.
    All I am doing is highlighting that bids from guild members - Happen.

So we either have a problem with it - or we don't?
    You can't bust around accusing people of shill bidding - purely because they are in the same guild - if you're forum activities are absolutely identical.

@WarrenBuffet are you in MiD?

*EDITED TO ADD*
    Just clocked that you're iloveshrimp/Mr T in MiD
    So yea, you're in MiD, and was participating in this MiD Auction:
    http://uorforum.com/threads/wts-ice-keep-sb-3m.40899/
    For a Keep on Ice that sold for more than a keep on grass.
    (for the first time in a very, very, very long time/ever)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    O'Malley, Valrick and Cha like this.
  15. Cha

Cha Well-Known Member

So I'm not the only one who thought it was fishy. Can we get @Fatty Mike to post aswell so we have the whole probaganda crew defending and mockin.
    Earsnot likes this.
  16. O'Malley

O'Malley Well-Known Member

lol damn you for summoning chubby mike to my auction
    Cha and Earsnot like this.
  17. Earsnot

If you say his name 3 times into your headset while standing on the top of Fire temple he gates in, calls you something homophobic, attacks you and recalls out at 70% life.
    Seba, Arawn, OptimisticSam and 2 others like this.
  18. O'Malley

O'Malley Well-Known Member

LOL
    OptimisticSam likes this.
  19. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

Here we go again. Lol. Earsnot, are you Labeler too?

I thought you quit?

Good of you to ride in and save him. Or, do whatever this is. Post walls of text and act like everybody else is bad. That's how you roll, I know.

Maybe that was the plan all along? Labeler creates fake news, Earsnot shows up to post text walls and try to shift focus away from Labelers bizarre flip out. Interesting. Seems tiring.

You should create a new identity. Again. Then your words might hold more weight.
  20. Earsnot

What bearing does me playing or not playing have on anything? All those auctions happened regardless if I'm here or not.

I'm just pointing out that the people who accuse people of shill bidding are in one group and the people accused are in another group.

But both groups run auctions where other members bid - it's just that no ones connected your dots yet and called bullshit on anything.

Because there's probably nothing to actually call bullshit on - it just suits and benefits your auctions to add that narrative in.

In short, it's pretty dumb and ironic.
    Pick a side of the fence, stay on it, everyone benefits.

There's what? Like 50-100 people here trading and selling, why make it more difficult and drama fuelled by throwing in dumb as fuck accusations or posting messages that could be interpreted as you shill bidding up an auction?

Are members of the same guild allowed to participate in auctions started by a guild member or not?

If so - cool - let that ride both ways.
    If not - damn - good luck selling to a waaaaaaaay smaller group of people.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.