WTS: hue 1153 horned tribal christmas mask of the wild

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by O'Malley, Mar 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatty Mike

Fatty Mike Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Erhm let me clear my throat.... sooooooo I bid on all auctions I have a desired interest in period. All items I bid on I pay for(unless I am advised I am not welcome on the auction) I do not bid to increase price, I do not bid on items I do not want, I do not bid to drive up how much someone is paying no matter if I think they are tardos or not, I do not have fake names or accounts. I do have a shit ton of CuB bags that earsnot graciously donated to me. That is all....
    Kiryana, OptimisticSam and NCCML like this.
  2. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

And @JohnM - no I didn't pay - because I didn't win. Peace won and then I sold all my surrounding properties and helped him get all the spots he needed to place his own fort.

So........?[/quote]

So... you were allowed by a buddy to not pay. Peace never bid on the entire auction and contacted Merlin after you backed out. You backed out because Air placed the small. you even offered to pay me the difference when you backed out.
    NCCML likes this.
  3. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

I remember this auction, if someone placed a small house blocking my goal and posting they wanted 11m for it (it's a blocker, not a usable house) I would drop out!

*Grabs popcorn*
  4. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

You wouldnt be stupid enough to not see the small fit there in the first place.
    Nusir likes this.
  5. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member

Finkel is Einhorn? Einhorn is Finkel!?
    NCCML and O'Malley like this.
  6. midgetbob

midgetbob Well-Known Member

Found that interesting as well. Why I quit bidding.

Warren never bid on the Trinsic Keep which was in the same price range it was pushed up to.

Granted, maybe he wanted ice more than grass... but, lol, that isn't very common.

Talked with a guy on another part of the island. Got a keep anyways for less than what I was bidding. Worked out in the end.

//tinfoil hats galore

**Edit

To clarify, I don't really care if people are bumping people's bids and pumping them. I have a max amount I'm willing to pay, so if someone bumps it up to that amount I don't care, cause that's what I've valued the item at. If you bump it over, I don't care, because it's over what I want to spend and I'll uncheck the "watch thread" button.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  7. Blacklow

Blacklow Well-Known Member

In an effort to keep this drama train on the tracks. (and don't get me wrong this is a fun thread to catch up on this morning)

Its no great secret that friends or members within a guild may bid on each other's auctions. Nor do i think that should necessarily be frowned upon at all times. The seller should look for the most gold for their items, regardless of who's bank it is withdrawn from. And prospective buyers should either bid on an item they want, or don't. So long as a buyer is willing to honor their bids, their reasons are their own.

What should be strongly frowned upon, and was seen in this thread. Is when the high bidder on an auction backs out simply because they got cold feet after they realize they won. Regardless of if they overestimated the items value, were drinking, or feel they were somehow goaded into bidding against an opposing player they have some personal beef with. That single action makes me wonder strongly what their original intentions were with the auction and if any of their previous bids were real in the first place.

Just my $.02.
    Delstrudo, NCCML and Kash like this.
  8. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

Pause.

Mike you had a CY rune to my fort, and the most devious thing you were able to do before telling me you have a CY rune to my fort was steal my CUB/trash that I'd left piled up in my unsecure CY?

What a wasted opportunity man.

You shouldn't of said shit man, I didn't even notice anything was gone, I've just looked now, why'd you leave books saying it was @O'Malley @JimmyTheHand & @Zell ?

Double pause, so you stole my CUB/trash, tried framing another group - then copped to it anyway? That's funny ass shit. You are such a fucking clown man. LOL.

You didn't leave untamed dragons? Box bomb me? Try and stealth in the house? Steal any of my regs? Gate in a bunch of people from Occlo for a party? You literally just stole my trash and then gave me a solid heads up?

*disables CY on a house he doesn't use*

For real though can someone just holla at me when it's not amateur hour here?

Thanks.
    OptimisticSam likes this.
  9. Kash

Kash Well-Known Member

This is turning into a standard Earsnot trash thread. I've said it before - it's funny how you enter the room and the drama explodes.

In MiD we don't try to shroud our identities the way you attempt(ed?) to in iDerp. I conduct trade activities with nothing to hide and under the assumption that the community knows my affiliations. None of those threads you linked are even close to the level of sleaze in your Vesper keep thread, and one or two of them took place long before I had dealings with MiD. I think anyone with some common sense could see the difference between a guild member bidding on a friend's auction, and this:
    http://uorforum.com/threads/selling-merlins-vesper-residence.33309/page-2

I know that the more I respond, the more ugly half page trash is going to come out of you, so Ima leave it at this.
    Kiryana likes this.
  10. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    JimmyTheHand and Jeebs like this.
  11. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

Good one Kash, you and Fatty are probably super busy planning your next massive heist.
  12. Jeebs

Jeebs Well-Known Member

Can we start holding people accountable of not keeping trade posts as trade posts?

If you have a problem. Take it to the appropriate forums and link the thread you have an issue with.
    No reason to stink up trade over accusations and drama seekers.
  13. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

I agree that the drama needs to stay out of trade, however the original poster hasn't complained publicly and the trade has finished with a fantastic profit (I'd be very happy) and this can be moved to trash.
    Anyway, I have heard of groups against MiD and particularly Fatty Mike and if this is true that someone has looted anything they can get their hands on and tried to pin it on some other group too, I can only assume cause an issue... You will have people disliking you and seeking to collect your head.

I haven't had the misfortune of being house looted, and if I was I would have to respect that they did good. There is something about the dedication it takes to be a full time thief. I think a bit of respect is required of these mockers. (Keep up the good work) and it sounds like Mike might have 2 groups after his attention now.

I'm not going to comment on shill bids and guilds bidding as I bid on other TnT guys auctions. Being a small community it's going to happen.

Let's keep these auctions healthy and we will all be prosperous. Someone buy my stuff.;)
  14. WarrenBuffet

WarrenBuffet Well-Known Member

Wow @Earsnot dude, I didn't realize I would trigger you that hard just by posting a link to former auction but I guess I did...And just to be clear the person to bring up shill bidding here was @Labeler or @Hung not sure who to tag... and yeah man guildies bid on guildies goods and thats great nothing wrong with it but from what I read in that post that was not the case there. But anyways man, do what you want or not I don't really care I was just pointing out the link between you and yours with a pattern of shaddy activities in the past.

@midgetbob , I am really glad you ended up getting a keep. I even stated after I won that I felt kinda bad because you missed out on the last 2. But I am also pretty sure that you were aware we had people interested in the Ice keep and you were told that we would be bidding on it so as not to blindside you. I didn't bid on the grass keep because, as you stated, I wanted one Ice. I know that puts me in the minority but that is honestly what I like. That keep has cost me about 95% of all my gold and I paid every penny of it. I hope there are no hard feelings and this clears things up a bit.
    Jeebs likes this.
  15. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member

I guess there's not a lot to do now except wear it as a badge of honour...? :cool:

Thanks for the respect our way, friend :)

Jimmy the Hand,
    Nightmaster, The Mockers
    Nusir likes this.
  16. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member

Why would anyone bid an amount they aren't prepared to pay? Who gives a shit about someone else's motivations -- if you don't want to pay the price, don't bid?
    Blacklow and Jeebs like this.
  17. Delstrudo

Delstrudo Well-Known Member

We had a new player leave recently due to shill accusations, such a load of nonsense. Is the mask still for sale? Shill bidding 500K!
    Blacklow likes this.
  18. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member

SB!

Someone had to.
    Delstrudo and Jeebs like this.
  19. Air

Air Well-Known Member

I'm just here for the comments :cool:
    PaddyOBrien, One, Kash and 4 others like this.
  20. Eskeleto

Eskeleto Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.