Young player gold farming

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by nobigdeal27, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Leaving Ocllo while young, will get you removed from the young program and a note added to the account to restrict future additions. If you are able to make it to fire island to farm a bit, then we feel that the young program has done its job in preparing you for the outside world.

That said we will always work to provide content to assist new players in heading to the outside world. Which could mean more dungeons, expanded dungeons etc. As it is we feel that we have come a long with with 3 overworld points of intrest, 4 custom designed dungeons, and a decent amount of overworld spawn.
  2. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I should clarify that my comment of leaving Ocllo to farm for a bit meant leaving the program before leaving the island. This process is allowed with the current system in place.

I was not aware that using a boat to remove a player still in the young program (ex: fire island) is considered an exploit. As I don't condone using exploits I won't recommend doing so.
  3. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Its not an exploit. Just a limitation of how often we check for young status in relation to a players location in the world. For instance young players cannot recall to anywhere other than Occlo and cannot use gates, etc. Sure you can escape, but the usefulness is designed to be short lived. And shorter if someone sees you and pages us.

And its not a negative flag, we simply disqualify that account from the young program.
    RIN likes this.
  4. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Gather round children, and let me tell you a tale....

Once upon a time, there was a pale faced man who roamed the streets of Occlo, grabbing his crotch and going into spasms where he'd say strange things like "HEEE HEEE, Ch'monnn!" and breaking into a song about zombies and monsters in the Occlo town square. He had a penchant for trying to lure "young" players off the safety of the island. Sometimes the young players would say "I'm not supposed to leave the island with young status" and he'd be all like "HEEE HEE, That's ignorant!" He had a magical boat that could take them on a magical journey to the mainland, if only they'd follow him onto the boat. ALLEGEDLY he would give them strange drinks, and then release them upon the mainland... only if they wouldn't tell a grown up!

One fateful day, he had one more concert in the Occlo town square, then he walked off into the sunset, never to be seen again...
  5. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  6. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I think he's talking about players staying in the young player program and transporting themselves off the island (typically via boat).
    PaddyOBrien and One like this.
  8. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    wylwrk likes this.
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

True.... then of course there's the events (and player ran events) I'd like to see them attend.
    One likes this.
  10. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

I bounced in an out, I got frustrated with the regs getting afk bought out constantly.

That's arguably my biggest beef with Occllo, because it has the largest concentration of active players, majority of whom are buying up resources to develop characters, most with limited funds being usurped by the more wealthy players who can afford to recall in and afk buy up 999 of each reg.

Leaving the cupboards bare and new players just playing a waiting game to buy up what they can afford.

I had to leave to go to glow multiple times and then got kicked from the young program early, I was allowed back in after I paged a GM, but I then couldn't leave anymore.

It would be beneficial, IMO, to have a dedicated (young) NPC Scribe, Mage and alchemist vendors that were only available to young players.
    One and PaddyOBrien like this.
  11. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Interesting point. Tell us more about this?

Ocllo's off my list of resource buying but I'm pretty sure you cannot recall/gate inside these shops. How are people afk recall buying from these places?
    One likes this.
  12. PaddyOBrien

michael.gif

The hero Occlo needs.
    wylwrk likes this.
  13. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

You're trying to give me an aneurysm, aren't you?
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  14. PaddyOBrien

Maybe! Or maybe YOU are wrong sir! Occlo is just easier to type that Ocllo... and hey it's good enough for Chris, it's good enough for the rest of us! :p
  15. Sheepdog

I always see the same people appear out front run in, vendor buy vendor buy vendor buy vendor buy "thank you so and so blah blah blah 3998 gold has been deducted from your account" disappear, seconds later reappear, rinse repeat, then they'll do the same thing but go to the left, then go to the right and also spamming Ellis move Ellis move Ellis move each time with the "thank you 3998 has been deducted" or whatever the amount is.

I've been out the program for a few weeks now so I rarely go in the Occllo Mage shop to buy anything, I fill up spell books with looted scrolls and leave them on the table - but it was frustrating enough to make me leave the young program.

I assumed they were afk because they'd often get stuck behind a player or NPC and not go to the left or right if there was a space or they'd be at max weight capacity and drop regs on the ground and not come back for them.
  16. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Ocllo.gif
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  17. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I'd have to say, doing that AFK is rather lame. Attended though... meh. It's not a battlefield I wanna die on.
  18. Sheepdog

I hear you bud, maybe they're on another screen on something and just not paying massive amounts of attention.

I just think it would benefit the young community to have something similar to faction vendors - especially if the mechanics are already there ya know? Also something alerting them to the fact that if they join the mages guild they get cheaper regs.

"Greetings! As this is your first visit I wish to invite you to join the mages guild! For a small donation members benefit from a reduction in prices, to join click simply state MY name followed by "join the mages guild" blah blah"
  19. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I agree with the motive but fear the implementation.

Psst.. hey newb, want to make an easy 5k? Take this check, go buy "_____" from this shop for me and keep the change. Thanks buddy!

I'd like the solution to this problem being solved via social reform.... or masks, bats, and moltov cocktails.
    One and PaddyOBrien like this.
  20. Sheepdog

I didn't even consider that.

Good point.

I mean, big picture it's nothing serious, just a minor annoyance really.
    wylwrk likes this.