Your Greatest loss in UO

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Valmour, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

On OSI, I rammed the Magincia docks with my boat at full speed. This caused a hanging skeleton labeled "the corpse of the dread pirate Roberts" to become detached from the docks and permanently attached to my boat. A few years later a GM decided that my boat was illegal, deleted it, and threatened to ban me, my brother, and my father for having not reported it....even though I paged immediately when it happened. Staff were hit or miss on OSI.
    newme, Ahirman, Jupiter and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Well-Known Member

I have had my house robbed various times through out my UO career. What a sick feeling it is to log in and find your door unlocked. Run inside and it all gone except a stack of fish steaks and some tinker tools. :eek:.

Hasn't happened here yet.... knocks vigorously on his wooden desk
    newme likes this.
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

oops wrong thread
  4. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Mine was the idoc of a loaded smithy with a tent-made CY in the first year on OSI. At the time, those setups were desirable and the loot I had amassed was significant. Just remember a hollow feeling inside. Nowadays, you could farm up everything I lost in a week.
    Hawkeye and newme like this.
  5. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

On yet another gold farming run with a mix of outrageous slayers, I recalled away from my 7xGM mare and two 7xGM dragons only to have the dreaded "Connection lost." appear. To my horror, I had visions of my pets dying to an unending spawn of balrons. I didn't know what to do! But then, a sigh of relief, I rested easy as my pets were bonded and I could rest secure in the knowledge that they would not die and they would not lose stats or skill. Ah, safe and secure in my Trammel blanket.
    newme likes this.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

HateCrime demonstrated pro-level rage quitting and dropped all his homes. He had copious rares and wealth. In the fray, we bagged a whole lot of items. While gating said containers to another location, I accidentally dragged/dropped a bag on a trash barrel we had on the front steps of a tower.
    The bag contained a number of items, unknown, but one item in particular. A topiary, the tall potted tree with white snow spots on it. At the time, already worth around 2m gold. Due to the previously unpatched trash barrels, the items were deleted immediately when dropped into the barrel.

You're welcome, for the patch that made it 125 items and no weight limit, before auto-purging.
    newme and Ragnarok like this.
  7. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

I'd also have to say that when I quit playing in 2008 and got the itch to play uo again in 2014 I regret not staying in contact with all my old guildmates from TBA, LiE, /R/, SX, and some from FL.

That's my greatest loss.
    StarTrakZack, newme and Savage like this.
  8. Meradin

Meradin Well-Known Member

I had my dream keep on marble island on UOSA, I sold it to try and buy the turtle bay castle. Mission accomplished. Moved everything over years of saving and Idocing. Decorated the place. I'd say the spot deed and contents easily over 10 mil. I logged in as the vulchers were picking its bones of footstools and fish steaks ......
  9. Por Corp Wis

Por Corp Wis Well-Known Member

I see several people referencing Atlantic server from back in the day.....

Anyone remember a guild on Atlantic back in 97"ish" called MKV?

Mystic Knights of Valor.
  10. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Q: What's your greatest loss in UO?

A: My sanity.
    Vlar and BlackEye like this.
  11. StarTrakZack

StarTrakZack Well-Known Member

Three months ago I lost my house irl and was without internet for a few weeks. I used public Wi-Fi to refresh my properties but I guess I finally missed by a day or so...

Lost a partially decoed large keep, partially decoed large tower, two mostly decoed villas and my treasure trove small tower with 3mil + in bods, slayers, prepatch sandals, etc. All I kept was my vendor house that a good friend/neighbor refreshed for me.

I have a new home irl with internet now but I'm so discouraged about losing everything that I don't play much any more :(
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  12. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Active Member

that sucks. the initial period back can be a bitch.
  13. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

It's not about the pixels...
  14. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member

For some people it is. That's one of the nice things about UO - it can be many different things to many different people. StarTrakZack, I'm glad you have a new home irl now. Hope you can find your way back to the game, eventually!
  15. Xuthakug

Xuthakug Member

Mine was on Chesapeake. All the prime house spots were taken, but I had amassed a large amount of gold (to me it was a lot anyway).

The day finally came that a new facet was coming online! A mirror world with all housing open again, sweet I thought.

When Trammel went online, I placed a large tower in a prime spot. Literally stayed up all night decorating it. Fast forward a few hours, I get home from school and log on.... into my old house in Felluca... wtf?!?!

Apparently when the server went down, it did not save after they opened up Trammel and they had to re-launch it. But, as people moved to Trammel, spots started opening in Felluca and I ended up placing my large tower where I belonged.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015