Zagyg's bugs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Zagyg, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Here's more stuff, since there's such a deificit of issues for you guys to work on atm ;)

1 - Ophidians currently drop horrible item loot. Even the high-end ones like Matriarchs, Knight-Errants, and Avengers rarely drop a single magic item anymore. I can't swear what the percentages should be but it was definitely much higher on OSI (in T2A at least). Comparatively, drakes and dragons which are no more difficult are practically throwing magic items at you before the fight.

2 - Water elementals used to spawn around the water areas in Destard. There was always at least one at the water shrine on level 1.
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

3. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

5. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  6. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

Thanks much for the informative replies Chris!

Regarding the last entry -

here's a link - http://web.archive.org/web/200101160521 ... ater.shtml which mentions the common spawn locations for the water ele circa Ren era.
  7. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

This is new, not sure if it is a bug or intentional though -

Very heavy items, when left on the ground, seem to decay overly fast. I've left stacks of leather hides on the ground that weighed thousands of stones which decayed in a matter of hours. I had a bag on the ground full of 300 stones of fish steaks that I was restocking from and cooking at an NPC's oven and it decayed in about an hour.

If this is functioning as intended, can you share some info on the weight/decay ratio so we can avoid losing our heavier items in the future? :)
  8. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Currently everything in the world decays in an hour, however we might address this for containers/stacked items at some point.
  9. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

New -

1 - Meditation skill failure is too high. With GM skill I will fail virtually every attempt at Mana<11 , fail about half the time from 11-19, and fail frequently at 20/21. At this point I have no idea how to research the proper mechanics for meditation skill checks, but I believe that most players would agree that this feels very abnormal.

2 - If you open a runebook in your bank box it will stay open and useable on your screen after your bank box closes, whether you run away or recall away.

3 - Efreets currently drop Level 5 treasure maps; they should only drop Level 3. http://web.archive.org/web/200110310241 ... sure.shtml
  10. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

On Maginicia, the north bridge access to the MAgincia Parliament is unreachable. You cannot walk to it because you get repulsed by an invisible field in about a 3 tile radius and attempting to teleport onto it returns the messages 'Target cannot be seen' or 'You cannot teleport from here to the destination'. The southern bridge is passable but there appears to be no door or entryway of any kind into the Parliament.
  11. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

The Parliament building is the faction stronghold for the Council of Mages. Players not affiliated with the factions system cannot enter faction strongholds.
  12. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

To add to the list of things that break hding/invis - when a summoned daemon or elemental kills the target of a 'kill' command, a hidden/invised player is revealed, even if they're far off-screen from the fight. This also happens if a summons is attacked and defends itself; when the aggressing monster dies, you're revealed. It doesn't happen with Blade Spirit or Energy Vortex under any circumstances that I know of though.
  13. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

While standing inside of Yew Bank, Jack of Shadows was somehow snooping into and stealing from the backpacks of players standing on the roof of the bank. Myself included. I don't know how it is accomplished.

Fyi Jack -
  14. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

NEW-

1 - From its beginning in UO, Khaldun was entirely no recall/no gate/no mark. It's not currently working that way; I believe there are some areas in the dungeon where these spells don't work and other areas where they do.

2 - Without a key on my character I rode a boat to the Lost Lands Serpent Pillar and it did not work. I'm not sure if this was a problem with the Pillars or the fact that I didn't have a boat key on me. If it was the Pillars, I know they were disabled for quite a while starting during Renaissance due to a bug:

http://www.gatecentral.com/ultima/uobod ... &blatt=788 (under 'Serpent Pillars Disabled)

http://uo.stratics.com/uohoc/logs/2003-09-04-pub.shtml

If it had to do with the boat key, I dont' remember that ever being a requirement for using the Pillars.
  15. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

NEW -

The ability to access your bank box is different at all banks and in some cases I would say not working properly. While you can properly be heard by bankers and access your bank box from behind the Bank of Britannia: Trinsic Branch on the test server, it does not work on the live server even if you yell ! bank. Players also cannot be heard or access their bank box outside the walls of the Serpent's Hold bank. At Nujel'm bank, I blocked a banker outside and stood one or two tiles away from her on a boat and its plank yelling ! bank and could not access my bank box. But in Vesper a few days ago, I moved one of the bankers a full screen away from the bank towards the jewelers and was still able to access my bank box by standing several tiles away from his new location.
  16. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

Thought I'd just throw in a Thank You! post to you guys for reading and fixing all the bugs we discover, which just considering sheer amount of time involved let alone coding is a massive undertaking. Ren is awesome, continues to become even more so, and Chris, Ezekiel, Rammar - I appreciate the hell out of ya :)
  17. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

This is a thorough Ren Era Stratics page on flagging (08/31/2000) - http://web.archive.org/web/200008311733 ... html#Perma

I went to it looking for information on perma-grey but it also has information on murderers and more. I was trying to test current Stealing, Forensic Evaluation, and perma grey on the test server. I found that stealing from innocent NPCs currently does not make a thief perma, which it should. But I was unable to proceed far past that because I could not get any of my characters into the NPC Thieves Guild. The Thieves Guildmaster tells everyone that they're too young to join his guild, even a guy I've spent a lot of time on Test placing houses and fooling around with.
  18. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

New -

1 - Currently, stealing items from containers in an NPC shop never seems to result in an NPC calling guards. Nevertheless, thieves do/can get a perma-grey flag for stealing from shop containers though under what exact conditions this happens I can't say. For example, I have no idea when or if NPCs notice a theft because they never react to it at all.

The way I believe it should work is that there is a chance for NPCs to notice a stealing attempt and if they do, they call guards. Thus no one should ever get a perma-grey flag for stealing from shop containers because you shouldn't go perma-grey for a complete success and for anything less than a complete success you should get guard-whacked (the only likely exception being Buc's Den).

2 - On the live server there is currently a long action delay after successfully picking a lock. I haven't timed it but I'd guess it's around ten seconds and you cannot take any action whatsoever, not even opening a door. On the test server, however, it works normally and there is only the normal action delay after picking a lock.

3 - A single iron ingot is currently named 'iron ingots' and a single piece of leather is currently named 'pieces of leather'. I haven't checked if it is the same for colored ingots because I don't own any but the rare ingots are properly named in the singular when there is only one ('silver ingot').
  19. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

New -

1 - I saw a nightmare today that had less than the minimum required Magery skill to cast 4th level spells Greater Heal itself. The mare only had 25.5 Magery; minumim required is 26.1 (http://web.archive.org/web/200010190623 ... mage.shtml). Unless he was using scrolls. :p I figured this was worth posting since it might happen with other monsters too and more often than we realize.

2 - I also saw someone antagonize a healer at a shrine and continue getting res killed, for what purpose I don't know. Anyway, there were occassions where the wandering healer started casting Explosion before the player died and then after the player ressed the Explosion went off on the 'new' character.
  20. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

We are currently working on a flagging patch that will touch on this issue. Thanks for the heads up. Once we get past this phase we will move onto the Forensic Eval skill also as it related to perma greys.