A Player Run Challenge - Discovering Interesting Places - Now Live - more spots added when I can

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by k1w1uk, Feb 13, 2023.

1. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

While I was awaiting the slaying of Cupid so I could resume the Death from Above from Wrong Roof, I discovered that there was a way up to the second floor roof. this got me thinking about other unusual and interesting spots found throughout our fair lands, I remembered an old forum post from the one person who I believe discovered more about UOR than any in his time or in the years since he left us. ( SnapDragon/ Matron De Winter your knowledge is sorely missed)
    I found the old post and Enlisted some helpers, I even spoke to Seers and GM's to discover if these spots were still open (some even have had runes marked.)
    the long and the short of my investigations is that Yes all the spots are still open, but some of the old methods used may have been patched out over the years.
    So here is the challenge, I will be posting pictures of these spots, with toons there to prove they can be reached, and I offer a prize of 1 Million gold pieces to the person who gets to the most.
    To Enter this competition the I ask that you post a picture below of your toon in the spot, and pm me with pictures of your workings.
    You can miss out the crucial final step if this preserves your technique, but i do need to see proof.
    This is to ensure that no one just digs out the runes and recalls around to win the pot.
    Alternatively If I am online you could show me you actually getting to the spot proving your free-running prowess.
    I hope to offer the following prizes:
    To the person who gets to the most places, a 1million gold piece cheque and a Valorite Plat Statue, possibly named for the winner of the event ( still in discussion about this)
    To the person who gets to second most places there will be a prize of 50 Platinum coins and a Verite Plat Statue
    and for the person who get the third most places 50 HC of purest green and an Agapite statue.

There is a further Prize for a Mystery spot found by the Grey Wizard Jupiter, we have seen a screen shot of this place but no-one that I have spoken to has ever discovered exactly where this is or how to get there. For this I will offer a further 1 million GP and I have asked for a Peggy statue for whoever accomplishes this feat.

Keep your eyes on this post for the challenge locations.
  2. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

1st location : a three in one place. all three are achievable just not the easiest to get to.
    upload_2023-2-16_11-33-27.png
    Picture Credits go to Bahama Mama for this Gem

Attached Files:

Vincent Blackshadow likes this.
  3. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

Spot 2: there are two fun spots to get to here, but only one will count:
    upload_2023-2-16_11-38-7.png
    no points for falling inside the Lighthouse but that is still fun to find
    thanks to Snapdragon for the picture

more to come soon
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
    Vincent Blackshadow likes this.
  4. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

for this one things can get a little hot
    upload_2023-2-18_16-49-21.png

credits to SnapDragon
    Keza likes this.
  5. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

Jupiter The Grey scaled the heights for this one upload_2023-2-19_17-22-13.png
  6. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  7. MZEWN

MZEWN Member

Not sure if this is active, but I made it to one spot so far. Had to crop it down due to original file size upload_2023-4-1_20-26-44.png
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  8. Dmose

Dmose Active Member

Link to the original post from SnapDragon?