All kll is all skill

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Nikon, Sep 23, 2019.

1. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

Fair points. We do have newer members who haven't experienced the full force of what an IDOC battle really brings. Some of it is discouraging due to Pet AI, but I don't fault you guys for doing what you have to do to collect loot / get placements.

In the end, everyone will play how they want, and should.

Currently, we're forced to play on Blues in order to fight the Reds and avoid being easily targeted by the tamers. It works to provide us fights, but obviously we're never going to get close to the actual drop loot when we're getting the mix of Vella, Deacon, and Schaltty who maintain very well control over their triple boxes.

Until we have enough numbers to actually push the core of tamers sitting at the drop, we're somewhat stuck just fighting, placing, and grabbing what loot we can — which is more than fine.

Our team just needs to see the enjoyment and winning from that perspective and not get caught up in the details of how each side gets it done.
    Pharoah, Erza Scarlet, Zandak and 4 others like this.
  2. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

triple boxing tamers for PvP imo should be illegal especially with 8 slots holding, hell even for PvM 2 is more than enough, way to much power behind a single players what should be abilities, but like everything else its just my opinion. its the reason i dont roll a tamer.

For now..
  3. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Is renaissance being renaissance...
    Maybe is time to raise a new kind of template... the bard pvper...
    Pharoah and Ubo like this.
  4. Pharoah

That would be nice if a musician could provo tamers pets on to them if grey or red, Make it happen captain
  5. Xavant_BR

Is not a permanent solution, but a provo, or a area peace with some sync... could inutilize the pets if a group of bards spam it... but is only a david vs golilah aspiration.. nothing could save you from two fire breaths + flame strike from a well trained couple of dragons.. maybe this is the challenge of this shard, and if you don't have a challenge, the game become boring.. Those guys dominate the technique, the community will need to learn how to lead with it if we want to share this loot.
    I am not at idoc scene this days but.... keep trying guys..
    von Stuben likes this.
  6. Deacon Frost

Deacon Frost Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

The game is what it is. I'm just playing it. This thread reminds me of that idiot kid at the playground that wanted everyone to play by his stupid rules. We just want to play kickball kid and we are not using your stupid rules. Eventually he would run off crying to his mom once everyone just ignored him.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    Xavant_BR likes this.
  7. Pharoah

Well lemme tell ya ;p
    [​IMG]
  8. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

Horrible meme man. Just horrible.... this always has to be used with "one does not simply..."

Where is the dislike button please ?
    Andrakus and NCCML like this.
  9. Pharoah

i'm not like *Other* people ya old grumpy wizard.
    Don't hate because i'm unique and make shotty jokes to amuse myself. Go pick reagents or something ya old buzzard ;p
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Kiryana likes this.
  10. Deacon Frost

11. merlin8666

Thank you.
    Salick and NCCML like this.
  12. Xavant_BR

@Pharoah As a player and member of a comunity, you are definitely building a solid reputation.. but when the subject is Memes... well keep working on it.
    merlin8666, Pharoah and NCCML like this.
  13. Pharoah

Well i realize that people now days are pretty much robots and do as others do so I'll leave this here for ya boyz
    [​IMG]
    TheNomad, NCCML and Xavant_BR like this.
  14. Pharoah

I am just getting started messing with the new ShareX maybe 4 weeks ago and trying to learn to edit blend etc etc so give me a year, I've never done anything like this before. To have such droll criticism gives me more reason to keep working at it :cool: , The wizard and his caretakers need not take it so seriously. Like i'm anyone who can make a damn rule for Christ sake :rolleyes:
    Xavant_BR likes this.
  15. Deacon Frost

Any observation of the world will show you that an energized and aggressive minority opinion can win out over a majority opinion if the holders of said opinion are compromising and/or disengaged. I see squeaky wheels out there and see reason for concern. Why do I care? Because you do.

In terms of the meme. The one does not simply meme come from the movie LoTR Fellowship of The Ring. It's a scene where they are discussing what should be done with the ring. I believe this is shortly after Frodo says he will take the ring to Mordor. Boromir then says "One does not simply walk into Mordor.(in exacerbation)". The meme only works in this format where you say his "One does not simply" part then add something funny in the place of "Walk into Mordor". There is nothing robotic about it. It's the very tried and true method of subversion of expectation in the setup punch line formula knows as a joke. Changing of the formula in a clever way once again could lead to subversion of expectation as this meme is very widely known. However that is not what happened.

Notes can be taken on the above paragraph if one is looking to be a "smart ass".
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Althorn, Xavant_BR and merlin8666 like this.
  16. merlin8666

Thank you for expressing many of our thoughts so succinctly.

@Pharoah we giving you a hard time bro :)

Seriously though, stop with the memes
    Pharoah likes this.
  17. Pharoah

like i said i'm my own person i do what i want when i want with what i want to do it with i'm sorry if it hurt the inner hobbit in some people i should've known that in today's society feelings are like a piece of rice paper. And yes i have seen the movie twice i laughed at the way he said it. I always have and always will make puns from almost anything it's nothing personal just entertaining to myself due to i have a different sense of humor, usually its the acute or keen that get the jests such as these, they are not there to insult ones persona as much as self entertainment. If i was being a "smart ass" it would be a lot more colorful than what i said there believe me.

Big difference in "pique" and "pun"

G'day
  18. Pharoah

I'm just piqued now ya dag nabbed wizard! :D
  19. Deacon Frost

I'm saying that I'm being a smart ass dude. I'm just trolling. I'm not insulted. First person to be insulted or get offended loses the internet. I would never let it happen lol.
    Pharoah likes this.
  20. Pharoah

I'm just in awe, i never! I mean really? I'm laughing so hard my guts in cramps man stop already lmao..