Anti Afk Gather/Sell System

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Sep 3, 2012.

1. boothby

boothby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I highly doubt this would happen since buying from NPCs removes gold from the economy.
  2. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

A lot of discussion has taken place about that.Since they have to pay for regs or whatever they are buying it isnt considered unattended resource gathering.
  3. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

it's a way of farming resources that can be sold for a profit ...

Most of the stuff bought AFK is intended for resale anyway. So the money will leave the economy anyway but with AFK buying, someones making a profit from it.

I'm not saying remove automated selling, i'm just saying add an afk gump to it.
    newme likes this.
  4. boothby

boothby Well-Known Member

I understand, I just don't see it happening. I'd think reagents would be the 2nd biggest gold sink behind houses.

Take mandrake root, for instance. According to http://www.uorenaissance.com/?page=m_items&fn=MandrakeRoot there is 2,579,686 active mandrake root. That's close to 8 million gold taken straight out of the economy. I just don't think the shard would benefit from a anti-afk buying gump (especially when there are so few people actually selling bulk regs).
  5. SexMachine

SexMachine Member

6. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member

Meh ... I am not saying "Stop people from buying bulk regs" I'm just saying buy should get the same AFK gump selling gets ...

Buy bulk regs all day long ... no problem at all. But please attend it since it's a profitable business and that should be something that requires people to be attending.
  7. Greybeard

Greybeard New Member

Question, if I have two accounts fishing on one boat, but am only looking at one of the fishers, will I get the gump for both fishers? Is it possible that one fisher gets it and not the other? I started fishing last night and tried switching back and forth between the two windows and decided I needed clarification before continuing.
  8. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

Both your fishers can get the gump, but odds are you would notice pretty quick if one of your fishers disappeared. :)

The gump won't kick in on fishing until 100 though.
  9. Greybeard

Greybeard New Member

Yes, I would certainly notice if one of them disappeared. What a hassle tho, when I was mining I was getting the gumps fairly frequently. Assuming the same regularity with fishing, I would end up spending a lot of time getting my fisher out of jail and/or waiting for their jail time to end assuming multiple occurrences and lengthier stays in the hoosegow. I would only have a 50/50 chance of having the fisher that gets the gump on screen, even less should I ever go to a 3rd account and a 3rd fisher.
  10. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Well, you have two choices. One is to just play and attend one fisher at a time. The other is to figure out a way to view and attend 2 or 3 fishers at a time. I was able to attend two miners on my POS tiny laptop screen (though three would have been tough). You can always ALT-Tab as well, and just shuffle back and forth.
  11. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

The GUMPs do show up considerably less frequently with fishing than mining. At a rough estimate, I would say you get them about one third as much as mining. You should be able to move your windows around such that you have multiple accounts on the same screen, though. I do this all the time.

If you have them, multiple monitors make this about 100 times easier and more convenient.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  12. Greybeard

Greybeard New Member

Looks like I am down to one fisher.
  13. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

I've had good luck using 2 fishers set up like this:

[​IMG]

In fact, it started out as my screen layout for fishing, but has become my standard screen layout regardless of what I'm doing.
  14. Dalavar

What is the bottom right, UOAM? And what are the blue dots on land? (I assume the dots on the mountainside indicate ore colors?)
  15. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Oak trees? although pattern suggests something else

I do the same with ore and oak in the areas where i gather.

are we gonna get other wood/board types in the future?
  16. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

You are correct; oak on the land (though I think one of them is a THB map location, on the W of the map) and ore veins on the mountainside.

I don't believe we're getting other wood types -- or at least I haven't heard about any expansion of that... however, probably stands to be seen for when the big crafter expansion comes out.
    Wise likes this.
  17. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

We have no plans to add more wood types. Oak was only added to give us a commodity that you could use to craft boats. WE are however planning to vastly increase the amount of craft-able items using Oak in an upcoming patch.
  18. kordavox

kordavox New Member

I suffer from a mild form of anomic aphasia due to a severe head injury at work a few years ago and I have issues with object recognition. I may see an apple, for instance, and the word associated with it in my brain will be car... how will I be able to appropriately answer the gump when the object names in my head may not be consistent? I feel this system is discriminatory...

**edit, perhaps i have understated the condition...
    I may see an axe and I could say that it is used for cutting or chopping, would be used by a lumberjack, may be used for firewood, but could not identify it at an "axe". My brain may try to identify it as "plaid" (because iconic lumberjacks wear plaid) or identify it as "hammer" because hammer is also a tool. The level of association is wide ranging based on my life experiences. I may see 4 objects, 3 of which are similar, but based on their shape or coloration may call each a different term and not be able to identify which one is odd. This problems arises spontaneously and is beyond control.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  19. Dalavar

You don't actually have to know the names of the pictures, but rather what makes them similar or different. If you see 3 pictures of apples, and one picture of a car, are you able to tell the difference? If so, you won't have any issues.
  20. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I thought this was a joke at first; because of the clarity with which the post was written.

I immediately assumed the condition would cause someone suffering from these affects to also be challenged in writing coherently.

But it appears it is specifically tied to object naming. What a curious condition!

I hope it isn't a huge bother!

But as Dalavar posted, you don't need to know the name of the thing, you just need to know if there are 4 things depicted, and one of them is not the same, pick the 1 that is not the same.

Examples:

P; P; P; A Which of these is not the same?

[]; []; []; || which of these is not the same?