Blues Should Take Punishment

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Double Vision, Dec 3, 2012.

Blues Should Takes Punishment as well

1. Agree, People who wanna take counts & pk other blues should not be allowed to escape so easily when

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I disagree, People who PK should pay a penalty, People who Noto-Pk should serve no penalty.

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

As Directed by staff I am placing this in the correct forum.

Any blue who has counts will not be able to recall or gate when attacked for 30 seconds. Since Pks should be punished for for killing people, Blues should take punishment for Player killing people. In other words if you don't wanna get pked don't pk people.

0 counts- recall/gate away safely

1-4 counts- when attacked by another player you will get the message " Thou cannot escape so easily" for a duration of 30 seconds and will not be able to recall or gate away to safety during this time.

5+ counts - Your now red, If attacked by anyone you will not be able to recall or gate out to safety while in combat. (believe this is already in effect)

Pvmers/Bards/Role Players- should not have counts anyways so they will be safe, but if you wanna kill people and pretend to be a big dog and take counts then you shouldn't be able to recall like a coward when it happens to you.

Side note: To some up the confusion from the last thread , this means if a player Blue/grey/red attacks a blue with counts then the blue being attacked cannot recall for 30 seconds. As far as I know this is not added, as it is right now not recalling in combat only effects players who fight back or are the agressors.
  2. DarkWing

DarkWing Senior Counselor
    Senior Counselor
    UO:R Subscriber

I like the Current System, AS-IS!
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Reds can Recall if they don't attack back, I think. It's been a month or so...

I understand what you mean, but I don't think it's necessary. I disagree that murdering should be made easier in any way.
    People get murder counts by blues jumping on their Blade Spirits in dungeons as a form of grief, so I'm going to have to disagree.

Well written post though. Kudos for keeping it civil until you started calling people cowards for not wanting to be attacked by your PvP characters. :roll:
  4. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I'm just trying to promote more pks on the server since there seems to be a lack of them hence why i'm posting these ideas. None of them are a vendetta towards you or your guild the way most people think just cause I'm not a fan of your guild, that's a false assumption. Since factions seems to be only active when sigs go up for grabs every 3 days I am trying to promote other ways for people to get their pvp fixes and since the dungeons are being more and more added with items to achieve such as Rares, Monster statues & in the future Champ spawns I think there should also be more added risk & this whole thing where people are pking miners & stuff because they don't wanna die in a real fight and take statloss is in general sad.

If you have any ideas on how to make obtaining these new found riches more of a risk I'm all ears, but I think the risk should come from players in some sort to promote more pvp and more active players, so players aren't getting super rich with no risk involved.

Side Note: you called me a pussy for being a Noto pk so I just used your own words and replaced "Pussy" With "Coward" which technically killing people and staying blue is a cop out for people wanting to kill without risk, so in that essence I am agreeing with you. I am going red, just not doing it on my tamer cause that's what I farm with so if I wanna pk and stay blue I should have the risk of getting pked without being able to just get away correct?
  5. Caly

Caly New Member

Personally I believe this shard lacks open air PvP, it does not lack PKs.
    There are too many people who see pking as the main form of PvP, which it is not.

On topic - I am against this suggestion.
  6. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Mutombo, goon , & vagingo are the only 3 pks i know of that are active almost on a daily basis out of 90 people online which isn't a huge number. Like I said I'm all ears for suggestion because factions is dead except on when the sigs go corrupt & people aren't even logging on for it anymore except us & minax atm. Chaos/Order there is no guild out there accepting war invitations & tourneys happen once a night that hardly no one shows up to. Perhaps something to spice upf factions so people would want to faction again, I was of the understanding that was the point of Neon hair & name change deeds was suppose to be a faction item to get people wanting to own towns but it was never added as a faction item so that didn't work. There is a HUGE player base out there that love pvp and only play UO for pvp so keeping it just as exciting for them is just as important as keeping pvmers happy.

Orrrrrr...... I like the idea of double loot hour or 2 hours so pks don't have to go around looking for hours to pk, hence both sides profit. Only problem i see is people being on at different time zones wouldn't get to benefit the double loot hour on boss monster spawns. I'll chill on the subject to see how active pvp gets when champ spawns are active