Census: Faction statloss

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Liberation, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

How long should faction statloss last?
  2. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

3. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

15-20 I suppose. The important thing here to me is being able to prevent thieves from ressing and running at your sigils all day.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Permanent. Get good, or stay home, nerds.

Just kidding, I think 20 minutes is fine but it's a bitch for duels. If we can get faction statloss turned off in duel arenas, that would be cool.
  5. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I think 10 minutes is a fair time. Doesnt totally take you out of the fight, but long enough for an opposing faction to make their move if they are stealing sigils, or even defending them.
  6. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

5-10 minutes.

I don't recall what the % is on statloss but I'm sure it's enough that a statlossed thief would still not be able to steal a sigil??

How about tamers with dragons? They lose their dragons?
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

%20 loss across the board. Tames should go uncontrollable if not stabled immediately. Better pack those gate scrolls to get them to the stables afterwards or better yet, stop PvPing with tamers like @#%!@#%^ !$()! !$ !@$(U)^*)(& !$!$.
    5 minutes is hardly longer than it takes to res and run back to your corpse. 20 minutes ensures you are on timeout and suffering the consequences of failure for a good amount of time. Can't take it? Don't faction. It's not ideal for constant fighting, but it is wholly appropriate for Factions.

Also, it should be %21 or raise the required stealing skill to 81 for sigils.
  8. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

Faction stat-loss is -20%. Technically this does not prevent a thief from stealing a sigil as the minimum required skill to do so is 80.0 (-20% from 100.0 leaves you at 80.0) however we've specifically put a restriction in against this & a thief which is currently suffering from stat-loss is unable to steal a sigil.

There is no stat-loss currently so the above function is moot at the moment.
  9. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Yeah, 15 minutes should be fine.