Census: Sigil Timers

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Liberation, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Exactly, you would have to determine if you need guards/traps placed or not, you know... tactics and planning? Maybe start using tithing for once?
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

As I understand it, the intended function is to gain control of a town, then guard the monolith in that town once the sigil has been returned there. In a perfectly run town-control scenario, the sigil never has to go back to the stronghold, until it is corrupted by another faction.

Is that correct?

If so, then having guards gravitate toward the monoliths and placing explosion traps in town would be essential.

I personally feel the time required to steal the sigils is too short. It should take 10s or so at least to successfully steal the sigil, not just hotkey the steal by type macro. Same with placement, wherein if you are in combat or attacked during the process of procurement or placement you have to start over. I think that I'm rambling off topic a bit but the point remains, town control needs to remain until another faction has wrested such control from the controlling faction.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I'm feeling like a 4 hour capture time and a one week town corruption time would suit better for incentive. It's hard to get a crew motivated for a 7 hour siege and it sucks to think it could be over before you realistically get another good day of play. We're mostly adults here who don't have days in a row to play a ton and being able to plan a capture for an evening, not 1/4 of a day, would be a nice potential change.