Current Schedule of Events

Discussion in 'PvP University [P*U]' started by Ervin, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

As of right now I am going to start listing dedicated time frames in which Classes will be taught. It would be most beneficial to be on time to the classes if at all possible but if you cannot then do not worry, just join us when you can and we will review after the training. As of now the schedule will be:

If you cannot make it to classes due to your schedule, have no fear. All you have to do is contact me and we will have detailed 1 on 1 training when you have time. The classes will be good for everyone to meet and condense training time so it doesn't interfere with your other UO enjoyment time. When the class is over if you wish to continue practicing then by all means stick around and learn some more!

8/19/14 Class
    Orientation
    PvP Ability Test. Yes there will be a test so please come geared up! No potions will be needed. Meet at the guildhouse.

8/21/14 Class
    Spell Timing
    Basic Offensive Spell Combinations
    Practice Duels

8/26/14 Class
    Refresher of previous class
    Buffs & Debuffs
    Spell Interruptions
    Practice Duels

8/28/14 Class Moved to 8/29/14
    Refresher of previous class
    Mana Management
    Surviving a "Dump"

More classes will be added as training progresses. Please check back to the schedule often as the classes may change to suit the pace of the class. If you have any questions or suggestions for class material you want to see covered please contact me via PM or in IRC.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
    Cassidy likes this.
  2. illbottleya

illbottleya Member

Just a heads up, I'll have to miss Thursday's class for IRL stuff so don't wait on me.

I'll practice my spell combos on some monsters instead.
  3. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

If you want an easy way to practice spell combos by yourself do this:

- Open two clients on our test server version of UOR (test.uorenaissance.com / 2597)
    - Create two chars, both heal mages, one on each account.
    - Use one client to practice combos on the other char, but always stop attacking right before killing your alt.
    - Switch to other client, apply bandages, and begin attacking your other alt.
    - Rinse and repeat.

This is a method i used for fine tuning my spell timers on this server, as well as poison ticks, and different combos associated with said timers. Plus, you won't waste any personal supplies since the test version has unlimited supplies and just about everything you'd need to practice with. It's a good way to hone in on specific areas you may be lacking in. Well, as much as you can without having an actual live target with you.
    Cassidy and Ervin like this.
  4. illbottleya

illbottleya Member

I guess that would be the sensible way to get in some serious practice. I'll have to try test server some time when I get the chance.
  5. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

Updated Schedule Times

We will continue to practice on Tuesdays & Thursdays but the time has now changed to 9:30pm EST - 11:00pm EST to accomodate more people.
  6. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

awesome. For those who haven't been added to the stone, where should we meet?
  7. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

Join #PVPU in irc this evening and let me know when you are ready and I will pick you up.