Damage, stamina drain, and swing speed

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Zombiekitty, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Zombiekitty

Zombiekitty New Member

I haven't tested things fully yet but wondering if there are plans to implement stamina loss based on damage? For example, casting an Energy Bolt on another player is supposed to do damage as well as drain a bit of stamina. I think it was something like a 30 point EB would drain about 8 or 9 stamina. This is an era accurate feature as I can recall testing it on Catskills shard years ago. I don't know the exact formula for it but suffering damage drained a percentage of stamina as well. Anyone who fought enough might recall being near fatigued as your character came closer to death.

This also brings up the question of swing speed - is it tied to stamina or dex here? Being tied to stamina would be the era accurate system but I've yet to test this and thought maybe someone might already know the answer to this.
  2. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

on test server you can easily test many of these things. u can change your dex, use unlimited recources (pots & stuff) but then again... im sure many before you have done it already.

just saying test server is a nice place to "experiment" on stuff
  3. Leeloo

Leeloo Well-Known Member

Swing speed is tied to stamina, not dex.

Theres barely or any stamina loss when you take damage here, unless you are getting hit by a macing weapon.
  4. Zombiekitty

Zombiekitty New Member

Any idea if they are willing to implement era-accurate changes such as taking stamina loss with damage or if they are basically done with those types of things? I don't recall the exact formula but do have some idea about a range which could be used to create some preliminary system.
  5. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

6. Fenrir

Fenrir Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The prevailing opinion is that while UOR is reminiscent of the 2000 era, it does not strive to be an exact duplicate. Changing something just so its era accurate by itself has not been justification enough for the change.
    Wulver and Pulse like this.