David Hasselhoff's Guide to Treasure Hunting

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Basoosh, Aug 15, 2013.

1. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Just making sure I'm clear on what you said on LP...if I have 95 real LP and GM DH, I can pick the Lvl 5 & 6 chests, correct?
  2. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Correct. The important part is the 95 REAL lockpicking skill.
  3. Orcus

Orcus Member

Does the spell Unlock not work on level 1 treasure chests?
  4. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

It does, but I believe it's strength may scale with magery skill. I know it for sure works with 100.0 Magery.
  5. Orcus

Orcus Member

Ahhh that could be why my 45 magery was not working. Guess I will add it to the list of things to get done :) thanks for the info.
  6. Savage

Savage Well-Known Member

Anyone know if a List of Monsters drop "X" Level Map exists? That way if you only wanted to get Level 4 Maps you could concentrate on hunting Monsters that would drop Level 4 Maps.
    If it doesn't exist elsewhere, it would be a nice addition in this awesome Guide!
    Orcus likes this.
  7. Staunch

Staunch New Member

The cartography needed to decode the map isn't right - not sure of the exact values but I was able to decode a level 3 (adeptly drawn) map with 52.5 real / 53.9 shown cartography.
  8. Staunch

Staunch New Member

I was also able to attempt to decode a level 4 (cleverly drawn) map from 60.0 real / 61.5 shown
  9. Savage

Savage Well-Known Member

I'm paraphrasing, but in IRC last night this was discussed, and it was stated that there was no need to GM Cart ATM because you could decode all maps with 72ish cartography..... Telamon said it was on his to-do list to fix it.
    I started to drop my Cartography to make room on my tight template, but with my luck as soon as I drop it..... I'll keep my 100 > my Luck.
  10. Everlast

Everlast Well-Known Member

Great guide! Built my first t-hunter ever in 15 years or so of off and on UO.
    The guide came in handiest when I decoded my first t-map, got my first shovel, double clicked it, targeted the ground, and kept getting 'You cannot mine here'
    Basoosh likes this.
  11. Everlast

Question about the guide. The guide mentions you need 100 in real lock pick skill to open lvl 5 and 6 chests.
    My real LP skill is 94.4, I do have GM detect hidden.
    So the questions, if I dig up a lvl 5 or 6 chest, I won't be able to pick the lock?
    Figured I'd ask before I waste my good maps!
  12. Million

Million Active Member

You will need to get your "show real" lockpicking skill to 95.0 (you can achieve this by lockpicking dungeon chests). Once your Real Skill for lockpicking is 95.0, this is where your gm detect hidden comes into play. GM detect adds 5.0 skill points to you lockpicking skill. Now your technically at GM lockpicking and able to pick a level 5 & 6 chest.

As far as you getting the "you can not mine here" message. Ive ran across this on a few maps. I suggest trying a level 4 t-map and see if you can dig it up. If you dont have mining u must be digging on the exact tile the t-map is located.

Hope this helps
    Cherie likes this.
  13. Reemer

Reemer Active Member

decoded lvl 5 maps at 74 carto and lvl 6 at 88. good chance you can do it before 88 but that's what i was at when i got home.
  14. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Not trying to hijack the thread in any way but this video might actually be helpful to some.

Lunzignanti, kramez and CaptainMorgan like this.
  15. kramez

kramez New Member

hey first thanks for this great guide helped me a lot, havent played uo for ages so feel kinda like a noob.

my question is, atm im going for 100 magery. 100 med. 100 lockpicking. 100 provo. 100 musik. 100 Cartography and 100 item id, so should i drop the item id for eval for more dmg, when im gonna do the higher level Treasure maps ?
  16. CaptainMorgan

Don't target the ground. Double click the shovel, target the map, then the map again. That's the easiest way
  17. CaptainMorgan

I'd drop it for hiding, personally. Hide as soon as the chest pops, gives you time to pull the bars and get provo ready
    kramez likes this.
  18. kramez

kramez New Member

sounds good to me, ill try hiding :)
    thanks for the advise
  19. Everlast

Without eval mage doesn't do much. This means you won't cast much. Consider trading meditation for something else.
  20. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Would it be viable to have one character, the cartographer, dig the treasure up and become monster food, while a second character - while hidden - pick the locks, stealth 1 step over, detonate the trap and then stealth back over and loot it all?

Would this second character remain hidden during the looting?

Leaving him to recall to a bank/home stash the goods and then open up a gate for the dead cartographer to walk back through?

Thanks in advance if anyone has the answers to this!