David Hasselhoff's Guide to Treasure Hunting

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Basoosh, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Aya

Aya Active Member

The 1 step over does not work for the actual treasure maps like it does with dungeon chests.

Looting chests reveals you.

If you have hiding on your cartographer you can hide as the monsters spawn if you time it just right (it is not difficult to time).
  2. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answers! And you can't just grab the whole chest right? It's "locked" in position?
  3. Aya

Aya Active Member

Yes, they are locked in place. Bring an axe or hatchet to destroy the chest when you are done looting because the chest will not despawn for awhile and block other would be treasure seekers from digging up their chests. Plus, you get an achievement.
  4. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

5. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Sure

No, looting reveals

I have Hiding on my Carto. I dig, then hide as soon as the mobs pop. I use another character or two to kill the initial spawn, then loot and kill as I go
    Pirul likes this.
  6. Aya

Aya Active Member

@Sheepdog

If you are around tomorrow hit me up on IRC and I will take you on a treasure hunt. It may only cost you your head, but at least you can get a bit of experience under your belt!

IRC: [Orc]Aya
  7. dorvinion

dorvinion New Member

I realize its an old guide and such, but in building up my T-hunter (current date April 2018) I found that the skill for decoding Lvl 5 (deviously drawn) maps is 90 shown skill (I had 89.1 real skill).

It took a number of attempts, and I got .4 skill ups in the process, but I was able to decode a lvl 5 map.

Lvl 4 maps were less than 85 show skill. I hadn't tested them prior to reaching that skill level however so I don't know the exact minimum.

When/If I ever get a lvl 6 I'll try to find its minimum as well.
    Everlast likes this.
  8. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

The skill requirements were fixed in a recent patch. You should find them in the patch notes

Edit:
    http://uorforum.com/threads/patch-7...een-updated-minor-bugfixes.27649/#post-270604

Level 5 maps will require 90 cartography to attempt to decode the map with a roughly 50% chance for success at 100 skill.
    Level 6 maps will require 95 cartography to attempt to decode the map with a roughly 25% chance for success at 100 skill.
    Level 7 maps will require 98 cartography to attempt to decode the map with a roughly 10% chance for success at 100 skill.
  9. Lestat

Lestat Active Member

what would be your recommendation for a skill besides lockpick. I would thing using unlock and telekinesis works just as well and frees up a skill. Am I missing something else regarding lockpick?
  10. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Magic unlock only works so far. I don’t think you can unlock anything over a lvl 2.
    Lestat likes this.
  11. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Free bump for this amazing guide, I used alot of the info from the main page for my video guide. More great info about the addition of lvl7 Tmaps back in 2015 at Patch 64 - Treasure Hunting Update.

Lunzignanti likes this.
  12. Prometheus

Prometheus New Member

I was able to decode level 5 and 6 maps at 98.1 shown skill. I was waiting to get to 99 to test and see if it was 99 or 99.2 skill because you had a (Possibly 99 need to confirm) next to it but I just tried it at 98.1 and it worked! Took a few times and kept failing but it worked eventually and got me from 98.1 to 98.5 with decoding one Ingeniously Drawn Map (Level 6) Not sure exactly what level skill is needed but its lower than 99. =] Amazing guide! Definitely wouldn't have been able to do T-maps without it THANKS!!