done

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Gideon Jura, Dec 26, 2013.

1. meijin

meijin New Member

Hello there

I'm new here, so I'm not totally sure what people have done to upset you, but I've been around in UO and can imagine!

There are good apples, and there are bad apples unfortunately.

Good luck, and if you come back and see my name... I'm a good apple :)

Meijin
  2. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Gideon,

I am happy you're going to spend more time with your family. Give your son all the love you can, and enjoy his smile...because he sure as hell will enjoy yours!

I wish you all the best.

Pirul
  3. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I haven't really known what to say for this, but I think I'll give it a try.

We didn't have much time for idle chat in my time here, but you were clearly an influential person here on this shard and an inspiration from the perspective of helping out people get going. Your presence will be sorely missed, and certainly felt -- but your influence will last the life of this shard.

Life changes of an unexpected nature can be difficult; but as a strong-willed, intelligent human you are in as solid a position as is possible to weather this as and come out the other side as a stronger man for it -- and whether it can be truly reciprocated, your son will greatly appreciate all that you have done and sacrificed for him. I can't begin to understand what the impact of something like Angelman's would have on life, nor can I pretend to have some sort of experienced comparison -- but as someone who has dealt with unexpected life changes of another nature, you will find that the strength of human will is far stronger than you could possibly imagine. You, your significant other, and your child will all amaze you at every turn; and I absolutely respect the desire to be there for it. Thats what makes you a good father.

As far as UOR is concerned, we will roll on without you, though you will never be forgotten in this realm. Even if its just to stop by for a chat, keep us periodically updated -- and bear in mind that the vast majority of this shard will happily be here for you in what meager form we can provide, which largely will be emotional support. Sometimes it helps to vent to someone disconnected from the situation, and I for one am more than willing to offer an ear if its needed.

Best of luck to you in everything.
  4. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I wouldn't be on UOR without Gideon. His advertisement thread on another forum got me thinking about UO again, and about all those silly goals I never completed back in 1999.
    I wouldn't have been able to train up all my characters without Gideon, either. Starting out, his super guide thread was a bible to me (and I'm sure many others).
    I just got done checking on a couple of spawning rares. Again, Gideon.

Your footprint is all over the shard. You're obviously a key part of UOR's success thus far and will be sorely missed. Your family is lucky to have you, give them all the love you can. Best of luck in everything that you do, and I hope you can still stop in from time to time.
  5. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

All the best Gideon; it's been a pleasure playing 2d wizards with you.
  6. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  7. Kingston

Kingston Member

all the best to you and your loved ones sir!
  8. Azaazel

Azaazel Member

Sounds like you were a great guy. Best of wishes to you and your family and you are definitely making the right choice. It would have been a pleasure gaming with you. Take care and keep your head up.
  9. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  10. Elf

Elf New Member

I don't know you and I just started here, but I am sorry for what's going on with your son. Real life always comes first. This game has always been an escape from reality for me and it can get in the way sometimes. The thing about this game is that it's not going anywhere. It's been around for almost 20 years now, and it will probably be around in 20 more. I wish you the best.