Fast track guide to a provoke mage

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Upgrayedd, May 6, 2013.

1. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Thank you very much for the guide! This will prove very helpful.

I have to admit, I find it quite difficult to get back on my feets. Although I am playing for several days now (most of the time passively macroing), I've yet to make my first 10k. I've used a different template as I do not have the money to train magery. Music / Hiding is already at GM and I started with Provo at 50. Yesterday I thought about heading to Despise for provoking Ettins on each other (at least some fun), but I think I need some method to heal (not only PKs, but the occasional snake or slime etc.). As I can't afford potions and I will probably get fencing too, I thought about training healing up. Macroing healing seems to be not the fastest path, to say at least.

A question about provo:

All the good spots (Occlo cave, moonglow zoo, Provo Houses) seem to be occupated every time I check. Can I still train - for example - in the Occlo cave? I mean, is it possible to provo two creatures although they have been provoed onto each other a few seconds ago by some other player? Or do I have to wait till provo runs out? I would use the wyvern isle but without magery it's not that easy to get there (and of course: without money it's not that easy to get a boat).

Are there any other good spots to train provo? What about the table room in Deceit and rotten corpses?
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You can train on the same monsters others are using, so I would reccomend that. Occlo sewers provoking a troll-harpy until 74 then sailors to gm in a provo house.
    Kalvasflam likes this.
  3. Jester1

Jester1 Active Member

My Macro for Occolo:

!Loop
    Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|22
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
    Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|True|400
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02
    Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|True|400
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|tune
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10
    Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|22
    Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
    Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|False|3741
    Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
  4. Madraolc

Madraolc Member

Great guide Thanks and JUST and FYI 99.0 to 99.7 i did in like an hour or just a little over on wyverns. the last .3 i got from there but took about 50 min between each.1. So it is possible to gm at wyverns for sure
  5. Helicobacter

Helicobacter Active Member

For the budget conscious first char, healing and anatomy are an inexpensive way to heal if you get your own cotton at the Ocllo fields.

Train/macro anatomy for free and healing will follow as you play. Eventually, you can even cure poison and rez.

Drop the skills if you find another way to cure/heal that is more to your liking.
  6. Andrakus

Andrakus Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,

This has helped me get my first provo/mage together. I am almost GM'd mage for the first time ever but will be there soon enough.

My skills are
    -Eval Int
    -Magery
    -Music
    -Provo
    -Meditation
    -Magic Resist

My thought is go peacemaking/ hiding / or wrestling / swords/ fencing for the last skill. Truthfully, this char will be my farmer or that was the idea. I've got pk'd twice-- god bless their hearts they rez'd me and left my measly belongings behind except my regs and greater cure potions. I'm not sure what to do though. I am not quite quick enough to compete currently with magery alone so i want to get a physical skill at least so i can put up a fight but maybe a different char would be good for that and i should go with peacemaking. Appreciate any feedback
  7. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member